Why dont people drink, smoke and do drugs? (1 Viewer)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
why do you want to get lung cancer and have to have your friends ensure you dont jump off a cliff when youre completely out of it?
No one said smoking or drug taking was the best option dude.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
um why would being drunk give me the inclination to jump off a cliff seriously

johony

HSC
militant anti-drug/alcohol types are just as bad as alcoholics and junkies
actually probably far more annoying

muzlak

HSC
Did you read this thread?
Planck put forward a number of 'positives' that could be attributed to responsible drug use.
I (like you) don't take drugs - but making unsubstantiated statements is never clever.
No, I didn't read this thread when I posted, but I did now, and the negatives far outweigh the positives, sorry to say. Hmm, i'm going to now take something which decreases blood flow to the brain, destroys brain function and destroys my circulatory system so that I can get a little bit of help with glaucoma. Sound intelligent to you?

If you don't take drugs, then why are you defending them so passionately?

muzlak

HSC
militant anti-drug/alcohol types are just as bad as alcoholics and junkies
actually probably far more annoying
Do militant anti-drug/alcohol types crash into cars almost killing people's fathers? Sorry, but people under the influence cause far more damage to society.

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
i am drunk and high right now and about to go into my bedroom to smoke

and i am a certified genius

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Hmm, i'm going to now take something which decreases blood flow to the brain, destroys brain function and destroys my circulatory system
Marijuana absolutely does none of those things.

johony

HSC
Do militant anti-drug/alcohol types crash into cars almost killing people's fathers? Sorry, but people under the influence cause far more damage to society.
oh please, blah blah sweeping generalisations
basically you've isolated a few incidents caused by some idiots and have attributed that to the entire drug/alcohol taking consensus.

the problem i have with militant anti-drug/alcohol types is their constant proselytising and denying the fact that people can - believe it or not - take these substances responsibly.
edit: as opposed to others who choose not to take drugs/alcohol, but respect other people's choices to do so

Last edited:

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Some marathon runners will pound a bunch of beers the day before a race for carbo loading.
Unless your an athlete a lot of carbs right before you sleep can be a very bad thing.

Anyway from what I have read beer is quite low in carbohydrates compared to soft drink even. Ofcourse soft drink has simple carbs though, im personally not sure on whether beer has complex or simple carbs? Marathon runners would prefer complex carbs so judging by your post, beer has complex carbs? Thats interesting if its true.

David Spade said:
um why would being drunk give me the inclination to jump off a cliff seriously
Being drunk can lead to poor/impaired judgement, especially in the case of young people who have less fear or ability to judge risks compared to adults. It's not to say you would jump off a cliff, but it is possible just incredibly unlikely.

I would have to say though that the most dangerous drugs are ones that make you feel invincible and/or feel no pain. If any drug is going to cause you to get killed by doing something stupid, it would be one of them.

BTW David Spade, how are you a "certified genius"? Did you do an IQ test or something? Or are you just being a troll?

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
Do militant anti-drug/alcohol types crash into cars almost killing people's fathers?
Do drug users imprison hundreds of thousands of people because of their fascist belief in not letting people make their own choices about their lives and bodies?

Half a million people are in jail entirely due to the war on drugs in the USA alone. The road toll is piddling in comparison.

Far more people are harmed by the war on drugs than the drugs themselves.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
Do drug users imprison hundreds of thousands of people because of their fascist belief...
Hmm i know this is of practically no relevance to what you said.

But just thought id say Hitler was addicted to Meth Ampethamine and had used cocaine a few times.

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
This wasnt trying to make a list of influential people who used drugs..

I just noticed John mentioned fascism and drugs, if you check back up I mentioned it had no point at all.

Anyway back to the question i asked you, what qualifies you to say you are a "certified genius".

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
iq of over 160
Nice. Which test did you do, and where did you do it? I remember reading that IQ isn't a universal measurement and different tests gave completely different scores. I wouldn't mind doing a proper test one day but i cant be bothered spending money on it right now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)