Why dont people drink, smoke and do drugs? (1 Viewer)

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
yes well my next point was that how many of you are against drinking and shit but still eat maccas and are fat cunts eh

Sarebs

HSC
yes well my next point was that how many of you are against drinking and shit but still eat maccas and are fat cunts eh
I know!!! I cannot stand when people dog on drinkers because of health reasons, yet tuck in to hamburgers everyday and rarely exercise.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
I like me grog, though generally not to excess.

Cigarettes are smelly and stupid and very unattractive (also, my grandfather died of throat cancer). Drugs? Just not interested imo tbh.

Cpt_Renegade

HSC
who wants to get to the end and realise they missed out on alot in life. wtf ever if its bad for your health, everyones got to die sometime and im not going to be 85 in a retirement centre having nurses wipe my arse

David Spade

Banned
HSC
N/A
fuck im giong to die at 23 anyway in like a motorbike accident or something dumb why not make the most of my remaining 4yrs

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
As far as i know Alcohol is a poison. Fat is not. If you exercise you can unclog your arteries, improve your cardiovascular health, blood pressure, blood sugar, diabetes etc. However, you can't undo the brain damage, liver and kidney corrosion, oral cancers etc that can develop from excessive alcohol consumption.

The fat person has better treatment outcomes, also since fat isn't addictive.
But something is clearly addictive about fast food Slively :)

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Come on, you can't compare McDonalds to Alcoholics Anonymous. Alcoholics go through WITHDRAWL when they dont get their substance. What's going to happen to you if you eat celery sticks instead?
I'm not comparing it, however new research has actually found that many fast foodists experienced withdrawal symptoms after giving it up.
I'd find you a link but I'm busy/sick/tired/lazy.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
Acccctually I'm pretty sure that people can become addicted to fat and sugar in the same way that people can become addicted to drugs. They set off the good feelings in your brain, and lots of people eat when they get depressed to trigger these good feelings. They may not become dependent on it, like a person becomes dependent on caffeine, alcohol or whatever drug, but it will still be difficult to cut their intake.

I think the main function of the comparison between fatty foods, alcohol and drugs is to suggest that there are many things that can be bad for you IF you indulge to excess.

Everything in moderation.

HSC
yeah omg man diet coke gives you cancer!

shut the fuck up everything is doing something to your body

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
As far as people ruining their lives goes, I'd say that being morbidly obese would ruin your life. Same risk of early death as an abuser of any other substance.

But yeah, drugs aren't on the food pyramid.

Fuck it eh. I'm young and invincible and I will never grow old.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
and pot has many positive effects, particularly if you have glaucoma or are undergoing chemo.

Like all things, people are willing to risk the negative to experience the positive. If you choose to never try illicits, that's your choice and I completely understand why you'd choose that path.

muzlak

HSC
why do you not do this stuff?
what stops you from doing none or some of them?
Maybe some people value their wellbeing and their sanity. I don't need them to enjoy myself, and they don't really have any benefits (unless you call a severely shortened lifespan a benefit). I just don't see the point of them.

DRUG FREE FOREVER

Last edited:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Maybe some people value their wellbeing and their sanity. I don't need them to enjoy myself, and they don't really have any benefits (unless you call a severely shortened lifespan a benefit). I just don't see the point of them.

DRUG FREE FOREVER
Did you read this thread?
Planck put forward a number of 'positives' that could be attributed to responsible drug use.
I (like you) don't take drugs - but making unsubstantiated statements is never clever.

aimhigh10

HSC
why do you want to get lung cancer and have to have your friends ensure you dont jump off a cliff when youre completely out of it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)