Women who wear burkhas on the street in France face fines of more than £700 (1 Viewer)

Sadiah

HSC
i believe that wearing the hijab or whatever is unnecessary, and that it's up to the person whether they wanna wear it or not.
Fine.

I believe that wearing the Hijab is necessary, but I don't believe it rightful to force it onto someone who argues against it.

You're welcome to believe whatever you want.

Happy?

HSC
if they don;t cover their faces they are uncovered meat left out for cats, just ask sheik al'hilali
I don't agree with a lot of the things he says, but he's really sweet irl though - he's like a funny old Arab man who needs a waterpipe and bowl of pumpkin seeds pronto. He has extreme problems communicating, which is why I think the Australian Muslim community needs somebody who can speak English, and not make the stupid mistake of defending rapists who should be entirely responsible for their own actions.

HSC
Fine.

I believe that wearing the Hijab is necessary, but I don't believe it rightful to force it onto someone who argues against it.

You're welcome to believe whatever you want.

Happy?
There is this one girl at my school, who is like a crazy pro-Hijab nazi activist.

Funny thing is, the hypocrite doesn't even wear one. She's under the impression that her imaginary hijab gives her some sort of right to lecture about it.

Sadiah

HSC
There is this one girl at my school, who is like a crazy pro-Hijab nazi activist.

Funny thing is, the hypocrite doesn't even wear one. She's under the impression that her imaginary hijab gives her some sort of right to lecture about it.
LOL.

I only tell someone something if I practice it myself.

No ones going to listen to you if you're a hypocrite telling others to do something that you don't.

HSC
LOL.

I only tell someone something if I practice it myself.

No ones going to listen to you if you're a hypocrite telling others to do something that you don't.
But see, here's the thing. Even if you do wear the hijab, it doesn't give you the right to preach about it either. If somebody approaches you, and asks you about it, answer their questions, that's the most you can do.

We are all individuals, and if we are curious about something and we want to learn, we'll ask and seek. We don't want to be imposed with the beliefs and practices of other people.

Sadiah

HSC
But see, here's the thing. Even if you do wear the hijab, it doesn't give you the right to preach about it either. If somebody approaches you, and asks you about it, answer their questions, that's the most you can do.

We are all individuals, and if we are curious about something and we want to learn, we'll ask and seek. We don't want to be imposed with the beliefs and practices of other people.
If everyone here has the right to express their views, then I see no problem in expressing a view that contradicts theirs.

Similarly, if you don't wear a Hijab, it doesn't give you the right to preach about it either.

HSC
If everyone here has the right to express their views, then I see no problem in expressing a view that contradicts theirs.

Similarly, if you don't wear a Hijab, it doesn't give you the right to preach about it either.
Well, in this thread, you can express your views on the hijab, because it's contextual, but in general, I'm talking about looking down at females who don't observe the hijab, and attempting to 'educate' them when they don't ask for it.

Out of curiousity though, do you wear the hijab?

Sadiah

HSC
Well, in this thread, you can express your views on the hijab, because it's contextual, but in general, I'm talking about looking down at females who don't observe the hijab, and attempting to 'educate' them when they don't ask for it.

Out of curiousity though, do you wear the hijab?
I', not looking down at you. I'm simply saying that if you don't wear the Hijab, just don't say Islam says its unnecessary. And by no means am I educating you, for who am I to do so?

Yes, I do.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
To me the hijab just seems like such an anarchornism, symbolising the inequalities of the genders in traditionalist islam. It confuses me when muslim women in developed countries want to wear it as a sign of their faith, since they have grown up in a society where they are free to wear what they like and don't realise that women all around the world are still being oppressed.

I find it is more a symbol of the problems with their faith rather than the positives.

HSC
To me the hijab just seems like such an anarchornism, symbolising the inequalities of the genders in traditionalist islam. It confuses me when muslim women in developed countries want to wear it as a sign of their faith, since they have grown up in a society where they are free to wear what they like and don't realise that women all around the world are still being oppressed.
See, here's the thing. It's not a tool of oppression, or any means of oppression. My mum wore the hijab because it was her choice. Those of my friends who wear the hijab do because it was their choice. Certainly there are females who are forced to wear it, and I sympathise for them. Of course there are times where my mum says 'ffs, sometimes I wish I never put it on, it's so hot'. However, it's their choice. Just as I wake up and choose to wear x article of clothing, so does a hijabi counterpart. I think particularly today, the hijab has become a statement, and more and more females are wearing it as a response to those who misunderstand them, and believe that they it burdens them, and they're not able to do the same things a female without a hijab does.

My mum is an extremely professional corporate banker, she wears her business attire, with the addition of the hijab. And I know plenty more women who are like that. You're exactly the same person, except you're wearing a little extra clothing, a little more baggage.

Last edited:
HSC
Choice lol
Yes it is. My father never spoke a word of the hijab, and he hasn't never said anything, and never implied it to me or my sister. Most of my cousins and family on both sides don't wear it, and those who do wear it, it was done by choice.

Clearly, it's going to be difficult for you to understand, since you are a third party observer who is detached from the whole concept of the hijab, and what it's really like for families and females.

'Does my head look big in this' is a good read. It gives you an insight into the process of wearing the hijab for a young Australian Palestinian, and I'm friends with the author ;)

luv2luvurmama

HSC
choice lol
youve said that twice, and "Lol muslims" Your so imature and pathetic. The dirtiest poorest dumbest muslim is more valuable than you. I would compare you to chicken shit, bit that has more value and use than you and your disabled brain. Shut up and dont talk.

Anyways, Why wear burkhas? why not wear the scarf? you dont need to cover everything do you??

I can understand France doing this anyway, and if i was them i would do the same. the muslim population is very rapidly increasing in all of europe especially france, and are not integrating. If they do nothing, europe will become the second middle east (Hyperbole)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Seriously this is so lolworthy

it's like theologians yelling at each other over how many angels can dance on the head of a pin.

Doubly funny because the koran is about as authentically the word of god as chicken shit is solid gold.

Stone age myths picked up by gullible idiots

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)