» Karate or Kickboxing for self defense ? (1 Viewer)

dan2452

HSC
too true

Karate is for kids, women or weak men.

I'd like to see you try to fight the guys in our dojo then.

Karate is focused on fitness, self control, and technique as the core of the style, wheras you get to do sparring, and kumite which builds up your speed, strength and co-ordination. If you've practiced the katas and kumite, you're going to have a much more powerful kick or punch.

Muay Thai/Kickboxing are generally focused on hitting the bag, and is more of a style-less, street fighting style.

However it doesn't really matter what sector you choose, as long as you stick with it, and keep fit.

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC

Karate is focused on fitness, self control, and technique as the core of the style, wheras you get to do sparring, and kumite which builds up your speed, strength and co-ordination. If you've practiced the katas and kumite, you're going to have a much more powerful kick or punch.

Muay Thai/Kickboxing are generally focused on hitting the bag, and is more of a style-less, street fighting style.

However it doesn't really matter what sector you choose, as long as you stick with it, and keep fit.
Fucking spot on...its not the style...its the individual.

whiteguy

HSC
N/A

Kickboxing gives u all the benefits of karate and more, apart form white pjs. Kickboxing is about not wasting time on training/practice that is not directly related to actual fighitng. Kickboxing started out as full contact karate and envoled into a ring sport that is focused on fighting.

What has karate envoled into? has been the same old thing and never proven to be great in the ring or street.

whiteguy

HSC
N/A

Id like to see one of the guys from your dojo fight an average boxer, MT figher, MMA fighter or a Bjj blue belt. They'd get owned easily.

Xa_lphaomeg_aX

HSC
All martial, given enough training will help against a real situations. However, in a street fight, anything can happen. I recommend Aikido over any other martial arts, but over martial arts, i recommend parkour. why fight, if you can run, scale walls, and leap from building to building?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)