2007 co-op (1 Viewer)

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Which high boy? There are plenty of those... A guy in 1st XV last year made actuarial co op, and got 99 in 3u. Med rejects? People who realise an LLB is a waste of time if they want to go into IB?

Look at last years school captain, he fulfilled your requirements just about.

huangker

Crammer
HSC
I went through the application process last year. The focus isn’t so high on academics. I get the impression that they want your trial marks just to make sure that you aren’t a complete flop when it comes to study. Outside of study, you don’t have to be school captain and devote 40 hrs a week to GPS sport to be considered :p. They just want to see that you are all rounded and not spending every spare moment playing WoW or Dota. The application itself is important in terms of grammar, punctuation and overall fluency. Anyways dont stress out if you dont get it. You can always get work exp once you are in uni.

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
mmm ive only applied for marketing and thats it.

lets see how that turns out! :D

JustWin

HSC
lol dam, they care about grammar and flow?
confirmation emails coming on tues day...(yea..see i got crap grammar)
post if u get interviews, share the good news ppl!

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
but it said that notification of interviews come out on thursday?

anyway, same diff - good luck everyone!

JustWin

HSC
yea sorry thursday. which is bad cus i finish on friday. if i dont get an interview it might effect my english extension performance. lol

hows everyone finding the hsc?

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
wooah u finish on friday? i know someone who finishes on friday too.
SO jealous.
i go until the last day. so if i dont get an interview i'd probably be annoyed and be like damn! now i really have to study hard for textiles + society!

doesnt it usually say wat school u go to in ur profile if u add it?
anyhow nsg, u?

Roobs

HSC
when do we find out about interviews et....i got some email a couple weeks ago saying "passwords will be sent out on monday...blah blah log in and check the status of your app" and then another on monday saying "passwords will not be distributed today"...and havnt heard from them since....

yy

HSC
N/A
after reading everyone's posts here, it seems my chances are small. my predicted uai is only around 98, and my trial marks are shit (although ok ranking, but the marks are raw, so they look really bad). but my extracurricular activities are ok, so hopefully that will balance it out.

i applied for finance and accounting.

i really hope i can make the interview, cos i usually do good in interviews (because of adrenaline rush, or something, i think). but if i can't, oh well, their loss.

i hope they take a pity on me cos i'm from newcastle lol.

P

pLuvia

Roobs said:
when do we find out about interviews et....i got some email a couple weeks ago saying "passwords will be sent out on monday...blah blah log in and check the status of your app" and then another on monday saying "passwords will not be distributed today"...and havnt heard from them since....
Same, but hopefully I/we will be hearing from them tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:

shoxgeneration

*pamplemousse
HSC
yy said:
after reading everyone's posts here, it seems my chances are small. my predicted uai is only around 98, and my trial marks are shit (although ok ranking, but the marks are raw, so they look really bad). but my extracurricular activities are ok, so hopefully that will balance it out.
what makes you say that? and as if 98 is omg "its only just 98" i know ppl out there would kill for 98! So really, 98 is fine totally, just do well in the rest of your HSC. And don't forget, it's not JUST your uai although with unsw i hear that they do look at ur academics a lot more than usyd/etc.

JustWin said:
i go to sgs
haha. due to my inability to think at this point of the night. what is sgs? considering it says that you are male, i highly doubt it is sydney girls. so im guessing sydney grammar? though.. is there such a thing as st george boys? man i have no idea i don't live in that area. right i'm so gambling on Syd Grammar!

yy

HSC
N/A
co-op website said:
All Applicants will recieve an email by 9.30am 2 November 2006 advising their login and password details to "Check their Interview Status"
anyone got theirs yet? i haven't

sillysausage200

HSC
WOOHOO! I have an interview for marketing, so surprised and so happy! did not expect it at all, good luck to everyone else.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)