• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (1 Viewer)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
At this rate the only way to get Labor out of power will be to abolish the states.
Yet there's a bad idea. Perhaps a reworking of Federation would be a better idea.

DiehardRoyalist

HSC
I honestly can't believe why anyone would vote for Labor at the next state election, I just don't understand how people are able to tolerate the crap we have been forced to deal with over the last couple fo years.
Crime in Sydney has almost reached third world levels, I mean how helpless have we become if a 19 year old girl can get gang raped while shopping in the middle of darling harbour, one of the city's busiest tourist destinations. And what does the minister do about it, he delays the release of the video tape identifying the culprits for six months, that is absolutely sickening, how must that poor girl have felt. Is it any wonder, that every day so many families leave the city each day to go live in the Shire or up north in Queensland.
Public transport is on the brink of collapse, and when the city is in the midst of a traffic congestion, the government decides to close off William street to cars so as to appease some foreign interests who seek to profit off a cross city tunnel that no one wanted to have. Clearly, this is not a government that puts the interests of its constituents first before anything else.
And for a party that is all about 'multicularalism', Race relations in Sydney have deteriorated to a point where we have had two race riots in two successive years (i.e Redforn and Cronulla). I mean honestly, can it possibly get any worse.
So what if Debnam wan't to cut a few public sector jobs, the State is virtually BANKRUPT and thats what you have to do to make it financially stable again. The current situation is an absolute disgrace.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Bob Carr managed to win the 1999 election without mentioning Opposoition Leader Kerry Chikarovski at all in interviews, it was a landslide victory. I think Labor knows what it has to do to get through and why not steal some of the Liberals policies to further dash out any credibility to them at State level.

mcs

HSC
Debnam is a idiot in my opinion and as crummy a job as Labor has done the Opposition doesnt exactly inspire confidence either! Both Iemma and Debnam are fools in my opinion but Debnam especially rubs me the wrong way just seems to me that he has no clue at all!

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
One thing that I have noticed to date, is that the ALP cannot recite it's achievements over the last 12 years, but rather is attempting to disort the truth about Opposition policy and utilise Workchoices as an election issue..

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Police numbers 'puffed up'
THE State Government has bolstered police numbers ahead of the March election but will let them drop after the election, a secret Treasury brief shows.

MiTcHeLL4188

HSC
I dunno who im going to vote for but the state liberals will be last on my ballot...like the labor party have there problems but they are trying to fix them. All peter Debnam seems to do is whinge and whine, i cant stand him, when i see him i feel like stappling things to his forehead lol, the whole NSW liberal party are way to right for my liking, and the labor party are to stale....

I think the greens or some random independent will have my vote, at least the greens have the balls to tackle issues that Iemma and Debnam tread water over...god save NSW if Debnam gets in, we can all say hello to 1949 again...

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
MiTcHeLL4188 said:
...god save NSW if Debnam gets in, we can all say hello to 1949 again...
Apart from being a fancy statement based on Debnam's 'values', what do you actually mean by that?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

MiTcHeLL4188

HSC
So the he can go to overseas and bag out our way of life, our democracy then expects people to vote for him...hypocrit, people like that should be stopped at the boarder...

jdcb4

HSC
Should shake things things up a bit. I'd piss myself laughing if he beat Iemma.

I don't get to vote 'til federal elction but I'd vote Liberals if I could. Labor have proven themselves to be hopeless. Look at health care, transport and education in NSW for a start. Then ther'es the quality of labour MPs themselves. Trying to think of all the scandals... so many...
Police Minister sacked for misleading parliament
MP charged with child sex offences
MP charged with assaulting his girlfriend
MP resigns after drink driving
MP admits to 4 speeding offenes... and charging them to the Government!

And then there's stuff like:
Instead of finding any real solutions to water shortages, they just drained the Tallowa Dam dry tiopping up Sydney supplies to avoid hitting 30%
[SIZE=-1]
Sacking Philip Higginson from TransGrid after he led the company to record profits, so they could install a union rep as the chairman. Also attempting to divert $1 Billion dollars frm the succesful TransGrid into the floundering Country Energy

Re-Timetabling Cityrail to avoid delays... at the same time slowing the services to the point where one guy managed to beat them on foot

Yeah, I'm voting Liberal. Especially since Debnam released his policies yesterday. Solid policies.
[/SIZE]

timmyh

HSC
not sure if this really belongs in a thread devoted to state or fed politicis but anyhoo.... do ppl think that if we retain state labor govs and get a new fed labor gov many of the problems of buck passing in 'crossover areas' such as health and education will be solved?

timmyh

HSC
I have no idea what ur question has to do with my post. Democracy is a term used to describe a system which gives decision making power to the masses, rather than a select few, as opposed to earlier systems where monarchs etc would make the decisions. i have no idea what this notion of democracy has to do with buckpassing between states and the fed gov.
oh, and the libs are not a well grommed gov, unless of course u've travelled in time from the 1950s, in which case i see your point. And to be fair, yes NSW labor is very bad at the moment, it just shows u how much worse the libs must be if everyone still prefers labor....

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
timmyh said:
I have no idea what ur question has to do with my post. Democracy is a term used to describe a system which gives decision making power to the masses, rather than a select few, as opposed to earlier systems where monarchs etc would make the decisions. i have no idea what this notion of democracy has to do with buckpassing between states and the fed gov.
oh, and the libs are not a well grommed gov, unless of course u've travelled in time from the 1950s, in which case i see your point. And to be fair, yes NSW labor is very bad at the moment, it just shows u how much worse the libs must be if everyone still prefers labor....
The notion that blame shifting will cease with wall to wall ALP governments is ludicrous, and merely based on politics. No matter what party holds Federal office it would be irresponsible to pander to state demands in an attempt to solve the blame game. OF course the states are going to postively respond to Rudds plan in the lead up to the election, but in practice it will gradually develop to a largely different story.

The housing affordability issue is a perfect example of how state governments continue to abdicate their responsibilities and attribute problems to the Commonwealth, and quite frankly, no mutual politics will solve that.

Oh and the Commonwealth are of course a retro-government mimicking the administrations of the 1950's .. it's a shame there's not much to substatiate that claim; workplace deregulation, free and preferential trade agreements, fiscal responsibility are quite to the contrary..

wheredanton

Retired
HSC
frog12986 said:
The notion that blame shifting will cease with wall to wall ALP governments is ludicrous, and merely based on politics.
So if it was wall to wall Liberal governments blame shifting wouldn't cease?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)