• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition/Iemma or Debnam? (2 Viewers)

2007 State Election - Labor or the Coalition?

• Labor

Votes: 125 46.5%
  • Coalition

Votes: 77 28.6%
  • Other

Votes: 30 11.2%
  • Still Undecided

Votes: 20 7.4%
  • Apathetic

Votes: 17 6.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
wheredanton said:
So if it was wall to wall Liberal governments blame shifting wouldn't cease?
In a perfect world. As long as the cross over of responsibility exists so too will blame shifting, regardless of politics.

Council/State government issues that have created tension within the ALP are perfect examples. It's not the politics that needs to be altered, but rather the structure.

poloktim

\(^o^)/
HSC
Time for an anti-Debnam article. There's far too many anti-Labor, time for some balance. These are politicians, remember, we're supposed to hate them all, equally. They're all lying scumbuckets. :)

NSW Opposition holding back on costings

THE NSW Government has attacked the Opposition for refusing to guarantee it will submit its policies to Treasury for costing before the March 24 state election.

Under Charter of Budget Honesty laws, the government and the opposition can submit their election policies to Treasury for costings, which will be publicly released on the Monday before the poll.

The Opposition has criticised the costings process, saying the Government had already exaggerated the cost of some Opposition policies.

Mr Watkins denied there would be political interference in the process.

The Opposition has rejected a government claim that its policies would cost more than $28.5 billion to implement.
I wouldn't mind if $28.5 billion was spent. NSW needs to be fixed by somebody. Too bad both parties are fillied with annoying lying snivelling toads. :( Let's all vote independent.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

On another note:

Musk said:
sooner or later each issue the states r failing are eventually r gonna be taken from the government via legislation

work choices failed high court challenge made that happen

states in 50 yrs will be as powerful as the local council
Perhaps we should be worried about that? You may not be happy with how a state party branch runs the states, but if they're powerless and the national branch gets into federal government, that'll be it.

Last edited:

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
I don't think anybody would ever shake me and my friends opinion that Debnam is a total snotty wanker who makes knee jerk decisions for policies that arise with news articles.

menelaus

HSC
i think a lot of problems with health are the clashes between the federal and state gov'ts. i also think that someone should do more for mental health. there are no mental insitutions in nsw and with 80% of homeless ppl being mentally ill, something needs to be done. also, by fixing the mental health problem, there would be less crime and police would be able to focus on real crime rather than having to transport the mentally ill to hospitals.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
menelaus said:
i think a lot of problems with health are the clashes between the federal and state gov'ts. i also think that someone should do more for mental health. there are no mental insitutions in nsw and with 80% of homeless ppl being mentally ill, something needs to be done. also, by fixing the mental health problem, there would be less crime and police would be able to focus on real crime rather than having to transport the mentally ill to hospitals.
Excuse me, the institution system was removed as it was inhumane and Rozelle Hospital still functions partly as one and we have had the same number of homeless as we ever have had.

menelaus

HSC
ihavenothing said:
Excuse me, the institution system was removed as it was inhumane and Rozelle Hospital still functions partly as one and we have had the same number of homeless as we ever have had.
its not as if i propose locking the mentally ill up. there are just as many reasons why deinstitutionalisation could be viewed as inhumane.
im not suggesting we return to how things were like using electroconvulsive therapy and experimenting with strong medication.
but the current system for caring for the deinstitutionalised mentally ill is underfunded, and it is impossible for a large number to be cared for. places like the talbot hospital can only help very few. there are a few share houses that have been set up as facilities, but no where near the number that are needed.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
I don't think anybody would ever shake me and my friends opinion that Debnam is a total snotty wanker who makes knee jerk decisions for policies that arise with news articles.
You're an idiot, here is Iemma and State Labor, a government that has managed to stuff up or shortchange almost every one of their responsibilities and governmental duties. And yet you're bagging on a potentially good candidate who hasn't spent a day as premier? How many ways are there to say "douchebag"?

Lane Cove Tunnel? Stuffed
Economic Growth? Lowest in the country
Governmental Integrity? Only if you like sex with little boys
Epping to Chatswood rail link? "postponed" ie. indefinitely
Action to curb ethnic gang violence? Not while Iemma sits in beautiful Lakemba, he may offend his arab hosts

I could go on and on, highest state unemployment, police cuts, treasury mismanagement, bribery ... stuffed here, screwed there, why would a person with a scrap of intelligence (I'm not implying you are one btw.) even consider voting for this retard you call Iemma ?

How stupid are you hardcore Labor idiots? Oh well I suppose as long as heroin addicts have a nice, safe place to shoot up at the expense of the taxes of hardworking families everything will be alright yeah? Forget it, you are beyond stupid.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
I had a dream about Peter Debnam. Scary.
He kept on trying to talk to me but I walked away... and that was the dream.

Well anyway, Iemma has already won. Yes he has made mistakes and his cabinet is in ruins but Debnam is too a too weak and nothing leader for any of it to matter.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
I detest Morris Iemma more than any other politician in Australian Politics. Arrogant and smarmy without an ounce of achievement behind him.

We are yet to see a list of achievements of the Government over the past 12 years. Instead we receive platitudes about the Oppostion and the direction that the government intends to take the state. Now correct me if I am wrong, but haven't this mob had 12 years to develop a direction for the state?

There are more to the Coalition's policies than the media and public give them credit for. As long as the media restrict the promotion of the Coalition policies they will continue to be seen in a negative light. National Nine News and the ABC failed to even mention the policy in relation to Highway Patrol and Police numbers on the day of announcement. In contrast, if Rudd has a 'direction paper' which again includes more platitudes, it receives headline status. Opposition leader in NSW is one position that no sane man would ever contemplate.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
If the Coalition doesn't win, it's going to be the fault of the faction who ousted John Brogden as leader. If he was still leader, he'd basically be the next Premier. It hurts to know that a party filled with liars, paedophile drug-users and women-bashers will still be in-control because of this.

I'm still going to vote for the Liberal Party, but I doubt (sadly) Debnam will get over the line.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
If the Coalition doesn't win, it's going to be the fault of the faction who ousted John Brogden as leader. If he was still leader, he'd basically be the next Premier. It hurts to know that a party filled with liars, paedophile drug-users and women-bashers will still be in-control because of this.

I'm still going to vote for the Liberal Party, but I doubt (sadly) Debnam will get over the line.
Debnam > Brogden .. Debnam has the correct ideological approach to dig us out of Labors hole, Brogden would have done some good too, but he only would've gotten us out halfway.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
bshoc said:
Debnam > Brogden .. Debnam has the correct ideological approach to dig us out of Labors hole, Brogden would have done some good too, but he only would've gotten us out halfway.
[IMO] Steaming piece of shit > Labor.

I don't really care who leads to Coalition as long as they win.

But, yeah, Debnam's policies are good so I hope he can win, but I think Brodgen would have had the better chance.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
jb_nc said:
[IMO] Steaming piece of shit > Labor.

I don't really care who leads to Coalition as long as they win.

But, yeah, Debnam's policies are good so I hope he can win, but I think Brodgen would have had the better chance.
True, Debnam is better for people who understand economics etc., Brogden would make alot more idiots happy however.

frog12986

The Commonwealth
HSC
jb_nc said:

People continually slag Debnam and his 'faction', yet seem to forget that it was Brogden who led a party coup against Chikarovski, and led the party to the 2003 election whereby the ALP's majority was actually furthered..

The Coalitions situation is partially due to a combination of apathy towards state politics and the perception that the Federal government is responsible for everything. The amount of people I hear blaming John Howard for issues such as transport and land taxes is absolutely astounding.

volition

arr.
HSC
frog12986 said:
We are yet to see a list of achievements of the Government over the past 12 years. Instead we receive platitudes about the Oppostion and the direction that the government intends to take the state. Now correct me if I am wrong, but haven't this mob had 12 years to develop a direction for the state?
Well stated

jdcb4

HSC
bshoc said:
You're an idiot, here is Iemma and State Labor, a government that has managed to stuff up or shortchange almost every one of their responsibilities and governmental duties. And yet you're bagging on a potentially good candidate who hasn't spent a day as premier? How many ways are there to say "douchebag"?

Action to curb ethnic gang violence? Not while Iemma sits in beautiful Lakemba, he may offend his arab hosts

I could go on and on, highest state unemployment, police cuts, treasury mismanagement, bribery ... stuffed here, screwed there, why would a person with a scrap of intelligence (I'm not implying you are one btw.) even consider voting for this retard you call Iemma ?

How stupid are you hardcore Labor idiots? Oh well I suppose as long as heroin addicts have a nice, safe place to shoot up at the expense of the taxes of hardworking families everything will be alright yeah? Forget it, you are beyond stupid.
Qft
I just keep liking you more and more!
A braindead monkey could see that Labour is corrupt, useless, and lacks a basic grasp of economics (i.e. Spending more than you have = deficit).

menelaus

HSC
debnam is the biggest tool in state politics. in smh today he's going on about ending multicultrualism cos ethnic groups are not embracing australian culture, history and way of life, when he didnt even know who australia's first prime minister was.

true, i didnt know either up until about 6 or so years ago when there was that ad on tv where everyone was saying "edmund barton". but i was only 11 then, you'd think someone running for premier would at least know something like that.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
bshoc said:

Your rambling is definately falling on deaf ears.

I am not hardcore Labor, I am just angry we have no alternative and you would have had a better contest under Brogden and he would have change the Liberal Party for the better, unlike Debnam who is a blue blood Tory likely who has proved his incompetence repeatedly and even advocates bringing back cadets in state schools, in comparison Morris looks like Gandhi.

He will take it out without a doubt, none of your points raised leave anyone to give a shit about the state economy when federally everyone seems to be content with Howard.

bshoc

HSC
N/A
ihavenothing said:
Your rambling is definately falling on deaf ears.

I am not hardcore Labor, I am just angry we have no alternative and you would have had a better contest under Brogden and he would have change the Liberal Party for the better, unlike Debnam who is a blue blood Tory likely who has proved his incompetence repeatedly and even advocates bringing back cadets in state schools, in comparison Morris looks like Gandhi.

He will take it out without a doubt, none of your points raised leave anyone to give a shit about the state economy when federally everyone seems to be content with Howard.
1. I wasn't aware cadets didn't exist or were banned in state schools, because they sure were around in my state school.

2. Even if my first point is somehow moot, how is having cadets in state schools a bad thing? Infact I would advocate it being compulsory for all schools in the western sydney area.

You don't have any examples of "bad" Debnam policies, because believe me most people don't want their money going into things like drug injecting rooms. He may well "take it out" given the sheer amount of poorly informed citizens in the state, but the best Iemma could hope for would be a crippled government, he'll still be safe in Lakemba, but all of Labors marginal seats will get pounded.

ihavenothing

M.L.V.C.
HSC
Everything about him stinks...he is just too caustic for that important moderate Liberal element to work and besides, Iemma has come up trumps on most of his rants about the Islamic community, so I doubt he will pick up any speed at all maybe one or two seats but the Liberal Party is definately stupid for choosing him to replace Brogden.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)