2008/09 English premier League (1 Viewer)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Can we make sure Rooney is in charge by the World Cup next year? Nothing would give me greater pleasure than watching England self-destruct.
There's a pretty good chance of England self-destructing with or without Rooney as captain... Sure, England have some world class players but the team is over-hyped by the English media. Realistically, they shouldn't be expected to win the world cup. The Spanish, for example, have a much better squad than England.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
He may become captain of England, but I doubt Utd. Not as long as Fergie is there anyway. I know some people have made comparisons to Keane in the hotheaded stakes, but Keane was able to channel his aggression. And he knew his squad had his ultimate respect. In many ways, Keane was the perfect captain.

England have a long and distinguished record of appointing captains who are wrong for the job. Rooney is odds on to get it one day then.
Roy Keane is one of a kind. I don't think there's anyone like him out there. There was a rumour long time ago that after a game, Peter Schmeichel stood up in the dressing room and started talking aloud to everyone. Then Roy Keane just went up to him, smacked him one and told him to shut up. From then on everyone knows that he's got control of the dressing room, and no one was gonna mess with him. Then of course there was the famous tunnel incident with Vieira.

Rooney can definitely become future United captain. As for England, couldn't give a toss. However I do think that Rio deserves it more than Terry, simply because Terry is a kunt.

How did Ronaldo get to become Portugal captain anyway? Queiroz must have let all that United success get to his head. It's one reason why Portugal is failing atm. Ronaldo is magic, but not one to inspire and lead a team.

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Roy Keane is one of a kind. I don't think there's anyone like him out there. There was a rumour long time ago that after a game, Peter Schmeichel stood up in the dressing room and started talking aloud to everyone. Then Roy Keane just went up to him, smacked him one and told him to shut up. From then on everyone knows that he's got control of the dressing room, and no one was gonna mess with him. Then of course there was the famous tunnel incident with Vieira.

Rooney can definitely become future United captain. As for England, couldn't give a toss. However I do think that Rio deserves it more than Terry, simply because Terry is a kunt.

How did Ronaldo get to become Portugal captain anyway? Queiroz must have let all that United success get to his head. It's one reason why Portugal is failing atm. Ronaldo is magic, but not one to inspire and lead a team.
your last paragraph about ronaldo is much reminiscent of henry when he was captain of arsenal.
he was used to being inspiration whenever he wanted to be, as opposed to being inspirational whenever your team needed you to be.

another case for good player - not so good captain.

whatashotbyseve

It all counts
HSC
Btw does anyone watch I'm On Setanta Sports (Special1.tv as it is now known)?

If you don't, or haven't heard of it, youtube it. The funniest shit you will ever see.

Excerpt from one a couple of weeks ago about Arshavin (arse-shaving joke)

Jose: How much did Arshavin cost, voyeur?
Wenger: Around 11 million pounds.
Jose: 11 million pounds? You could have got a Brazilian for that.
Wenger: I already have a Brazilian.
Jose: Well you are super smooth, aren't you Voyeur!

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Btw does anyone watch I'm On Setanta Sports (Special1.tv as it is now known)?
That show is quality. I think the Berbatov transfer re-enactment was the funniest ever.

I also find the Ronny character quite funny. From the last episode:
Boy: We had a good night.
Ronny: I was amazing.

:D

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
i saw some guy walking around uni today, wearing a Reading jersey.

lolzz

didnt even know they sold those... on ebay.

HSC
rooney is probably the worst person to pick as captain for utd or england. ffs, darren fucking fletcher would make a better captain than that juvenile tosspot.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
darren fletcher was really good during the early parts of the season when manu was largely misfiring.
at least i think it was him.

Roy9

HSC
I think a full strength England starting 11 is just about as good as any... but that's where it ends. Not an incredible amount of depth there.

And it was funny the amount of people I saw wearing a Liverpool jersey today.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
I don't rate Carragher at all. Too slow. Skrtel and Agger are much better centre halves, but he is probably your best right/left back.
na
carragher's reading and organisation of the backfour is too great to pass up on.
neither skrtel nor agger are leaders in the sense that they can marshall the defence.

um
fabio aurelio is so underrated
if he wasn't injured every 2nd game
he'd be brazil's first choice lb easy

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
na
carragher's reading and organisation of the backfour is too great to pass up on.
neither skrtel nor agger are leaders in the sense that they can marshall the defence.

um
fabio aurelio is so underrated
if he wasn't injured every 2nd game
he'd be brazil's first choice lb easy
even ahead of maicon?

i rate agger though, and skrtel, he always looks pissed off for some reason. i dont like him

u-borat

Banned
HSC
maicons a right back

aggers soft in the air
and pretty avg defensively
hes got tank shooting and dribbling skills for a cb but

skrtel looks hard
hesa fucking good player too
doesnt really have any weaknesses

Roy9

HSC
Aurelio wouldn't get picked ahead of Maicon or Dani Alves...

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
can play on either side for brazil though, especially when dani alves has the right spot on lockdown.

carragher cant play fullback though. he looks lost uncomfortable and its there for all to see.

i like agger because he is so mobile along the ground. his ball skills are that of a midfielder, and he does the job for me on playstation.

i still remember his goal in the UCL semi-final a few seasons ago. i think it was against chelsea.
pool won 1-0.

u-borat

Banned
HSC
can play on either side for brazil though, especially when dani alves has the right spot on lockdown.

carragher cant play fullback though. he looks lost uncomfortable and its there for all to see.

i like agger because he is so mobile along the ground. his ball skills are that of a midfielder, and he does the job for me on playstation.

i still remember his goal in the UCL semi-final a few seasons ago. i think it was against chelsea.
pool won 1-0.
lmao

i really dont rate alves tbh
he can take a mean free kick
and crossing
and he has pace
but his defence and positioning are suss as fuck.

and aurelio has sickkk vision he used to play in the center of midfield with great success.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)