2014 BOS Trial Extension 2 Exam Results Thread (1 Viewer)

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Okay it seems that some people have been mis-interpreting their results.

If I told you say Extension 2: 16th (tied 2nd), this means that you are ranked 16th, which has more than 1 person on that rank. However, you are the 2nd person from the top out of those ranked 16.

Sy123

This too shall pass
HSC
I honestly thought that this year's exam was easier than last year's, did anyone else feel the same?
Perhaps I'm looking at it through a lens 1 year later, but apart from the Circle Geometry (that I failed miserably), I thought the test was quite doable, no?

aDimitri

i'm the cook
HSC
I honestly thought that this year's exam was easier than last year's, did anyone else feel the same?
Perhaps I'm looking at it through a lens 1 year later, but apart from the Circle Geometry (that I failed miserably), I thought the test was quite doable, no?
I think q16 was easier, and if i'd had time to actually read it i could have gotten through some of it.

On a whole it felt pretty similar difficulty to last years tbh

mreditor16

HSC
Well Carrot, don't answer this if it violates your code, but which school won the 'massive selective schools battle'? I think mreditor's also interested to know the outcome haha.
haha this :lol:

QZP

HSC
"...students scoring ~20% raw last year scored an E4"
This is kind of inaccurate due to the students probably not having done MX2 for a while. Anyone know safe percentage for E4?? Im thinking like mid 30's but not sure

HSC
This is kind of inaccurate due to the students probably not having done MX2 for a while. Anyone know safe percentage for E4?? Im thinking like mid 30's but not sure
Don't doubt carrot.

I don't get what you mean by "not having done MX2 for a while." Carrot's papers are conducted and done when it is close to the beginning of the HSC, everyone is doing MX2 then and there, and they're much better in comparison to what they were at trials, having completed the harder 3u topic.

imo seems right.

QZP

HSC
Oh, does the 20% mean last years BOS trials? I thought it was referring to this year

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
Why do you think it is inaccurate? The exams are generally held close to the HSC.

QZP

HSC
Nvm misunderstanding hahaha. I thought you meant that 2013: they scored E4, 2014: they scored 20% in BOS 2014 trials

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Solutions are being finalised. If you have any specific questions about any part of the paper feel free to ask them here rather than wait til then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)