2014 COMP finals thread. (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
How is that possible? I just did the exam a couple of days ago. There's no results in my academic statement?
I should have said, "you probably did".

Your academic statement won't have your results until the official release of results. The system isn't letting you enrol, so that's a strong indicator that you passed. They could be fast markers :confused2:

x3mish

HSC
N/A
I should have said, "you probably did".

Your academic statement won't have your results until the official release of results. The system isn't letting you enrol, so that's a strong indicator that you passed. They could be fast markers :confused2:
I really hope so...probably it'll let me enrol after the official results come out..but wouldn't that be too late for the summer course? :|

D94

HSC
N/A
I really hope so...probably it'll let me enrol after the official results come out..but wouldn't that be too late for the summer course? :|
Well if you passed, as the system is indicating, you won't need to enrol. Results come out on the 4th/5th, and the enrolment deadline for the summer term is 7 Dec 2014, 5:00pm. So you won't be late in that sense, but it's possible the class times will be full. Best to call CSE tomorrow.

x3mish

HSC
N/A
Well if you passed, as the system is indicating, you won't need to enrol. Results come out on the 4th/5th, and the enrolment deadline for the summer term is 7 Dec 2014, 5:00pm. So you won't be late in that sense, but it's possible the class times will be full. Best to call CSE tomorrow.
alrighty thanks, will call them tomorrow. i srsly doubt i passed lel

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
My COMP1917 exam was done two days ago only and it says the same thing. Though my exam was completely on paper so I highly doubt it was marked that fast.

Just be wary of that. Seems likely that you'll have to wait a while before you can enrol. I guess you could try enrolling every day until results come out. If there's a day before results which you end up enrolling successfully, then possibly that might indicate a fail, otherwise it will keep saying that you passed and then once you see results you'll be fine.

Alternatively, call the CSE and get them to enrol you manually. Just explain the situation and that you want to stay enrolled in it over the summer just in case (I guess they would allow people to do this as a 2 or 3 day gap is pretty short notice to enrol).

x3mish

HSC
N/A
My COMP1917 exam was done two days ago only and it says the same thing. Though my exam was completely on paper so I highly doubt it was marked that fast.

Just be wary of that. Seems likely that you'll have to wait a while before you can enrol. I guess you could try enrolling every day until results come out. If there's a day before results which you end up enrolling successfully, then possibly that might indicate a fail, otherwise it will keep saying that you passed and then once you see results you'll be fine.

Alternatively, call the CSE and get them to enrol you manually. Just explain the situation and that you want to stay enrolled in it over the summer just in case (I guess they would allow people to do this as a 2 or 3 day gap is pretty short notice to enrol).
thats true...but i tried enrolling in phys1160 which i did this sem..and i'm able to enrol in that next sem..I highly doubt I failed that lel

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
thats true...but i tried enrolling in phys1160 which i did this sem..and i'm able to enrol in that next sem..I highly doubt I failed that lel
We had to get at least 24/60 in our final to pass the course. I doubt they marked that quickly but its possible as I saw the lecturer walking in the Racecourse straight after we finished and actually got to say thanks for explaining a question a few days prior which popped up in the final exam lol.

Also, similarly for my case there's no way I failed 1917. So its possible that they may have already marked. Definitely call CSE though.

x3mish

HSC
N/A
We had to get at least 24/60 in our final to pass the course. I doubt they marked that quickly but its possible as I saw the lecturer walking in the Racecourse straight after we finished and actually got to say thanks for explaining a question a few days prior which popped up in the final exam lol.

Also, similarly for my case there's no way I failed 1917. So its possible that they may have already marked. Definitely call CSE though.
oh great..we needed to get 27/54 to pass the course..which wasnt possible lel..will be stupid to fail with a mark greater than 50..

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait wats this D94? How can we check if we failed or pass? Cause i think i failed

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Hmm... it's working for Maths (as in 'course passed in Sem2 2014') but it doesn't work for Astronomy - a course I know I passed since I got all my final marks back.

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
oh great..we needed to get 27/54 to pass the course..which wasnt possible lel..will be stupid to fail with a mark greater than 50..
That's called unsatisfactory fail iirc if you miss one requirement.

Do you have to know machine code
Just basics will do early on. Its really easy though. Can't wait to do Assembly language next year second sem.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
How does your end result work and wam calculations? Because internally I'm on HD, but I think i failed in finals. So cumulative it would be a mark around high C, low D. But it wouldn't be listed right on the academic statement? Even tho its a fail?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
How does your end result work and wam calculations? Because internally I'm on HD, but I think i failed in finals. So cumulative it would be a mark around high C, low D. But it wouldn't be listed right on the academic statement? Even tho its a fail?
Need Squar3's opinion on this as he failed Phys first sem due to final but was doing fine otherwise.

Did the course explicity have the requirement of passing the final to pass the course? This is what we are talking about here.

But I think they end up giving you a 49 and let pass conceded do its job if its possible or something like that. Not too sure though need Squar3 to confirm. I'm genuinely curious too as to what they did to his final overall mark.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)