2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

Confound

HSC
As an Art Express nominee and selection, the best advice I can give you from my perspective is to relax like you don't care about bow and proceed with your art as if you were Picasso. Make sure you finish early lol so you can be even more relaxed.

I'd elaborate but I ceebs atm. I'll elaborate on demand.

EDIT: My idea was simply to pay tribute to noteable artists who went against the traditional notions of art (I.e. artists who produced abstract/random sht and called it art).

That's it... I just thought they were cool lol so I painted an abstract portrait of Picasso, Andy Warhol and Basquiat. Then I did an abstract painting of their studios which they created their art. (The only reason everything was abstract was because I cant really paint lol but anyone can do random abstract. I just splashed paint everywhere and hoped for the best and change the paint colour here and there)

And tadaa! http://m.imgur.com/x4zwAbQ

The point is to remember to have a lot of fun with your 2k15 bows lol

Last edited:

tacorrito

HSC
Second that- if you want to get into ARTEXPRESS, don't even think about your artwork getting into ARTEXPRESS.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Update:

Me= artist's block

I feel horrible.

Hate VArt right now.

Garrrrrrgh

I'm caught between a rock and two concepts.

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
As an Art Express nominee and selection, the best advice I can give you from my perspective is to relax like you don't care about bow and proceed with your art as if you were Picasso. Make sure you finish early lol so you can be even more relaxed.

I'd elaborate but I ceebs atm. I'll elaborate on demand.

EDIT: My idea was simply to pay tribute to noteable artists who went against the traditional notions of art (I.e. artists who produced abstract/random sht and called it art).

That's it... I just thought they were cool lol so I painted an abstract portrait of Picasso, Andy Warhol and Basquiat. Then I did an abstract painting of their studios which they created their art. (The only reason everything was abstract was because I cant really paint lol but anyone can do random abstract. I just splashed paint everywhere and hoped for the best and change the paint colour here and there)

And tadaa! http://m.imgur.com/x4zwAbQ

The point is to remember to have a lot of fun with your 2k15 bows lol
"Can't really paint" my ass. That looks amazing!

For those of you who are experiencing a creative drought, don't pressure yourself to keep going against your gut feeling. Take a break, step back, and evaluate. Get some opinions. Most imperative, however, is to be confident in your abilities. Do as much as you can without envisioning the final presentation, so to speak. Later down the line, you'll be glad that you have many pieces to choose from when organising the work for marking.

Update:

Me= artist's block

I feel horrible.

Hate VArt right now.

Garrrrrrgh

I'm caught between a rock and two concepts.
Go with your gut feeling. As sappy as that sounds, you won't regret it. My practice was spontaneous and impulsive - I didn't plan as I went along. This wasn't a conscious decision, I underestimated how much time the final arrangement would require. Eventually, that spontaneity became part of my concept. Is there any way that you could combine any technical elements? If not, you have some (not entirely sufficient; insufficient for complacency) time to experiment with either concept briefly, while garnering some of your peers' and teachers' opinions.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
"Can't really paint" my ass. That looks amazing!

For those of you who are experiencing a creative drought, don't pressure yourself to keep going against your gut feeling. Take a break, step back, and evaluate. Get some opinions. Most imperative, however, is to be confident in your abilities. Do as much as you can without envisioning the final presentation, so to speak. Later down the line, you'll be glad that you have many pieces to choose from when organising the work for marking.

Go with your gut feeling. As sappy as that sounds, you won't regret it. My practice was spontaneous and impulsive - I didn't plan as I went along. This wasn't a conscious decision, I underestimated how much time the final arrangement would require. Eventually, that spontaneity became part of my concept. Is there any way that you could combine any technical elements? If not, you have some (not entirely sufficient; insufficient for complacency) time to experiment with either concept briefly, while garnering some of your peers' and teachers' opinions.
Thanks so much for your advice!

I've still to get my stuff together this weekend and then just get it done!!!!!

How is everyone else doing with their BOWs?

milkytea99

HSC
I'm still priming the surface of my board lol.... What a "fast" progress

milkytea99

HSC
Hey, at least you have a board!

I'm still deciding the grain of my canvas :tennisclap:
Ok... So you haven't stretched your canvas yet or..?
My initial plan during the holidays was to prime all 3 boards, and then start drawing on the board and painting a bit of the board.

But now, I've only finished priming all 3 today.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

Can I please have a round of applause everyone?!

Because........:

- I have decided my concept
- I have decided how to portray it
- I have got my canvases! (eeee!)
annnnnd
- I'm STARTING today!

Wow, who knew VArts would be so much pressure hahahah!

Hopefully the hardest part is over now and I can just move on with my BOW and the rest of my life! (I'm very excited!)

How is everyone else going?

milkytea99

HSC
YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

Because........:

annnnnd
- I'm STARTING today!

Hopefully the hardest part is over now and I can just move on with my BOW and the rest of my life! (I'm very excited!)

Congrats haha
I'm now painting my boards haha

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

Because........:

annnnnd
- I'm STARTING today!

:tennisclap:

Well done :) Whats your concept?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
YAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!

Because........:

annnnnd
- I'm STARTING today!

Virtual Applause!!!-keep up the great work:)

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Virtual Applause!!!-keep up the great work:)
Whoo! Thanks!

Had a look at the results of the wash I did yesterday this morning and I'm pretty pleased. Although, in the end product not much of the background will be apparent :)

Hopefully I'll have some detail done by today. So many layers to go though....

milkytea99

HSC
Whoo! Thanks!

Had a look at the results of the wash I did yesterday this morning and I'm pretty pleased. Although, in the end product not much of the background will be apparent :)

Hopefully I'll have some detail done by today. So many layers to go though....
Wow, you're already into details. I'm still doing my background haha

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
DAY 3 OF WEEK 3 BOW PROGRESS!!!

Added another background layer on top of the water/ salt wash.

Like, only 6 more to go!

Wow, you're already into details. I'm still doing my background haha - Milkytea99
Nah, I'm just going on and on with layers. But I love the feel of paint so I don't mind just stroking it on over and over and over again. :)

How are you going milkytea? We seem to have a strong monopoly on this thread ;)

Anyone willing to post progress pics?
Idk. Mine looks kinda weird. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)