2015 BoWs - Progress page. Thoughts and feelings? (1 Viewer)

milkytea99

HSC
DAY 3 OF WEEK 3 BOW PROGRESS!!!

Added another background layer on top of the water/ salt wash.

Like, only 6 more to go!

Nah, I'm just going on and on with layers. But I love the feel of paint so I don't mind just stroking it on over and over and over again. :)

How are you going milkytea? We seem to have a strong monopoly on this thread ;)

Idk. Mine looks kinda weird. :)
We are haha. I've painted a few layers. Some of the texture paints at school aren't working, which sucks. So I'm going to let the teacher order it for me haha.

Salt wash? Wow, that sounds interesting....

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey guys I didn't do art, but I'm curious about the major work you guys do. Can you do a piece of art that's not a painting? Like could you have used Photoshop, 3D software etc. to create a piece of art for the major project?
Yes you can use photoshop, 3D software etc to create a piece of art for your major work..

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Hey guys I didn't do art, but I'm curious about the major work you guys do. Can you do a piece of art that's not a painting? Like could you have used Photoshop, 3D software etc. to create a piece of art for the major project?
Yeah, the BOW is super versatile. You could do animation or art-film or photomedia (with Photoshop). Not just traditional oil paintings on board :)

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
We are haha. I've painted a few layers. Some of the texture paints at school aren't working, which sucks. So I'm going to let the teacher order it for me haha.

Salt wash? Wow, that sounds interesting....
Erg did you paint straight onto the board you're using or was that just during experimentation?

I'm kind of a messy/ spontaneous art maker so if something goes wrong I'm like 'whoops' better see how that can be part of the composition. Probably not the best mindset...

UPDATE:

Kind of reached a mini-art-block right now because I've got half of Monday to do heaps of BOW prac and feeling a little overwhelmed by what I'm going to do the whole time. That's what the weekend is for :D

milkytea99

HSC
Erg did you paint straight onto the board you're using or was that just during experimentation?

I'm kind of a messy/ spontaneous art maker so if something goes wrong I'm like 'whoops' better see how that can be part of the composition. Probably not the best mindset...

UPDATE:

Kind of reached a mini-art-block right now because I've got half of Monday to do heaps of BOW prac and feeling a little overwhelmed by what I'm going to do the whole time. That's what the weekend is for :D
I'm in between haha. Usually with unfamiliar textures or paints I'll paint it on somewhere else first in case I mess up my painting lol.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
I'm in between haha. Usually with unfamiliar textures or paints I'll paint it on somewhere else first in case I mess up my painting lol.
:)

I just read the 2014 BOW page. Love it how all the posts get progressively more stressed out as they get closer to August! haha

Today I'm checking out more influencing artworks/ artists. Trying to get over my mini-stress out about Monday.

milkytea99

HSC
:)

I just read the 2014 BOW page. Love it how all the posts get progressively more stressed out as they get closer to August! haha

Today I'm checking out more influencing artworks/ artists. Trying to get over my mini-stress out about Monday.
Yeah, I want to avoid getting stressed out lol. I hope I can finish my BOW ASAP so that I have more time to study for my other subjects. I live far away from school and I can't afford to pull out all nighters for BOW lol.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I want to avoid getting stressed out lol. I hope I can finish my BOW ASAP so that I have more time to study for my other subjects. I live far away from school and I can't afford to pull out all nighters for BOW lol.

OMG yes! Me too - it takes an hour and a half most days just to get to school. Staying back is really limited to if Mum's in town....

Plus, I'm not sure my artworks will travel all that well.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Its when most students realise they haven't spent enough time/hours before hand(usually due to slackness in most cases e.g me) so have to put alot more effort in.. I had to come into school on saturday very often :(

milkytea99

HSC
OMG yes! Me too - it takes an hour and a half most days just to get to school. Staying back is really limited to if Mum's in town....

Plus, I'm not sure my artworks will travel all that well.
How big is your work? I'm planning to paint in school and only drive my work back home by the end of term. I don't want to look like a fool holding boards on the bus and train lol.

moonshoes

HSC
N/A
How big is your work? I'm planning to paint in school and only drive my work back home by the end of term. I don't want to look like a fool holding boards on the bus and train lol.
I have so far four 60 x 70 cm canvases. They're not huge but I just don't want to ruin them while traveling ect.

Erique

Writ in water
HSC
Guys! Make sure you have a look around the ArtExpress galleries! Went to AGNSW today and some of the works were breathtaking. Might inspire your BoW progress.

milkytea99

HSC
Guys! Make sure you have a look around the ArtExpress galleries! Went to AGNSW today and some of the works were breathtaking. Might inspire your BoW progress.
Our school is going on an excursion soon :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)