2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Therese98

HSC
Wow! Reading this thread has just made me freeze up so bad. My stomach has curdled at the thought of HSC. How does anyone survive this year?

By the way, what exactly is rote learning and what subjects does it apply to?

astroman

HSC
Wow! Reading this thread has just made me freeze up so bad. My stomach has curdled at the thought of HSC. How does anyone survive this year?

By the way, what exactly is rote learning and what subjects does it apply to?
rote learning is basically just remembering by repetition until it's engraved in ur head and then regurgitating all that info in an exam basically. It is mostly applicable to commercial studies subs

Therese98

HSC
So, I'm guessing that it's useless for people studying a lot of English?
What about Maths? Or is that better learned through application?

Fiction

HSC
So, I'm guessing that it's useless for people studying a lot of English?
What about Maths? Or is that better learned through application?
uh don't rote learn maths :O I mean rote learning maths is possible in the sense that everything is possible but not everything is recommended c: Application is the way to go for maths + generally most subjects, humanities included. This is why notes coupled with past papers usually make for efficient studying.

Alot of people rote learn their essay for English then adapt intros + conclusions etc to the essay question on the day. It depends on how you or any other individual study/learn.

matchalolz

HSC
ugh senior science is so badly structured at selective high schools, it's like they don't even care about it </3
lel my school doesn't even offer it :haha: not that I care though

Fiction

HSC
Ours only started offering it this year haha.... I could still drop it if I don't like it tbh I'm on 12 units
Does it incoporate all sciences? Like physics, chem + bio? o3o Cuz that sounds hard...

Therese98

HSC
uh don't rote learn maths :O I mean rote learning maths is possible in the sense that everything is possible but not everything is recommended c: Application is the way to go for maths + generally most subjects, humanities included. This is why notes coupled with past papers usually make for efficient studying.

A lot of people rote learn their essay for English then adapt intros + conclusions etc to the essay question on the day. It depends on how you or any other individual study/learn.
Yeah, I think I'll stick with application in Maths, in spite of the fact it sounds like a lot more work. (Yuck)
Rote learning English sounds like a sure-fire way to shoot creativity in the foot, though.
Has anyone rote-learned an essay for their exam and done really well?

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Does it incoporate all sciences? Like physics, chem + bio? o3o Cuz that sounds hard...
It's like Year 9 and 10 science where you have a mixture of sciences, such as phys, chem, bio, earth and environmental, etc,

Fiction

HSC
Yeah, I think I'll stick with application in Maths, in spite of the fact it sounds like a lot more work. (Yuck)
Rote learning English sounds like a sure-fire way to shoot creativity in the foot, though.
Has anyone rote-learned an essay for their exam and done really well?
haha ikr? Dem practise hours :c Why can't we all be prodigys (prodigies?) and have photographic memories, with the film included?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)