2023 HSC chat (7 Viewers)

Zara_m21

HSC
Hii could someone pls help me with refining my essay dieas for common module and module A i wiill be eternally gratefull im soo stucl rn
sooo my crucible ideas are
‘the universal and individual experience of transgression and redemption is examined in The Crucible through the character of John Proctor as he struggles with the wider consequences of his actions and the internal conflict that arose from those actions’
→ Examined through John Proctor have committed the transgression of adultery.
Salem witch trials conveys the destructive nature of fear through mass hysteria in the 16th century Salem witch trials exposing the conflicting ideologies in the McCarthy era.
  • Ungrounded fear within a threatened community
Through the portrayal of characters like Abigail Williams, and Reverend Hale, the audience is able to gain insight into the misuse of authority
  • Miller is able to demonstrate the power that ideological systems hold over a community ’
The audience realizes that the role of adversity has helped the powerless to become powerful
→ the structure magnifies this by setting itself in a theocratic society.

MY MODULE A IDEAS ARE - hagseed and tempest
1. Her integration of Third Wave Feminist and decoloniality values clash with Shakespeare's Jacobean values which promote female silence and sexualisation
2. Both texts explore the literal and metaphorical means of imprisonment and the damaging consequences it has on Indigenous communities through colonialism.
3. The volatile feature of human nature within both texts acts as a drive throughout the representation of complex issues of power, control and authority in regards to the context of rising political power.
I will be soo grateful if someone could help me in making my ideas concise and not thematic

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
Hii could someone pls help me with refining my essay dieas for common module and module A i wiill be eternally gratefull im soo stucl rn
sooo my crucible ideas are
‘the universal and individual experience of transgression and redemption is examined in The Crucible through the character of John Proctor as he struggles with the wider consequences of his actions and the internal conflict that arose from those actions’
→ Examined through John Proctor have committed the transgression of adultery.
Salem witch trials conveys the destructive nature of fear through mass hysteria in the 16th century Salem witch trials exposing the conflicting ideologies in the McCarthy era.
  • Ungrounded fear within a threatened community
Through the portrayal of characters like Abigail Williams, and Reverend Hale, the audience is able to gain insight into the misuse of authority
  • Miller is able to demonstrate the power that ideological systems hold over a community ’
The audience realizes that the role of adversity has helped the powerless to become powerful
→ the structure magnifies this by setting itself in a theocratic society.

MY MODULE A IDEAS ARE - hagseed and tempest
1. Her integration of Third Wave Feminist and decoloniality values clash with Shakespeare's Jacobean values which promote female silence and sexualisation
2. Both texts explore the literal and metaphorical means of imprisonment and the damaging consequences it has on Indigenous communities through colonialism.
3. The volatile feature of human nature within both texts acts as a drive throughout the representation of complex issues of power, control and authority in regards to the context of rising political power.
I will be soo grateful if someone could help me in making my ideas concise and not thematic
okay from a selective school ext 2 english student some of your mod a ideas are not going to go down well. like i know its dumb, but for advanced the hsc markers aren't really looking for you to write something controversial, no matter how interesting.
I would change the first idea to something a bit easier to explain in a paragraph without offending a marker who might have very different opinions.
I think the second idea is good, i would just get rid of the term indigenous, and instead talk about discrimination as a whole. I would phrase it as
2) Shakespeare notes the nature of oppresive stereotypes in restricting transformation, subverted by Atwood in a Postmodern celebration of ... (insert whatever you want to say about what Atwood does)
the third point is really good just too broad. if youre focusing on transformation, I would phrase it as.
3) Shakespeare explores the shift between Christian Humanist belief in forgiveness and Jacobean justice in vengeance through Prospero's moral transformation, whilst Atwood notes the Postmodern power for individual growth and reflection
The Crucible points are good, Crucible is more open ended too.

Zara_m21

HSC
okay from a selective school ext 2 english student some of your mod a ideas are not going to go down well. like i know its dumb, but for advanced the hsc markers aren't really looking for you to write something controversial, no matter how interesting.
I would change the first idea to something a bit easier to explain in a paragraph without offending a marker who might have very different opinions.
I think the second idea is good, i would just get rid of the term indigenous, and instead talk about discrimination as a whole. I would phrase it as
2) Shakespeare notes the nature of oppresive stereotypes in restricting transformation, subverted by Atwood in a Postmodern celebration of ... (insert whatever you want to say about what Atwood does)
the third point is really good just too broad. if youre focusing on transformation, I would phrase it as.
3) Shakespeare explores the shift between Christian Humanist belief in forgiveness and Jacobean justice in vengeance through Prospero's moral transformation, whilst Atwood notes the Postmodern power for individual growth and reflection
The Crucible points are good, Crucible is more open ended too.
Thank you so much this helped alot. In the first point in module A do u mean like not make it so direct? and for my third point im focusing more on like
Shakespeare represents the volatile aspect of the human nature, reflecting the complex issue of power and authority related to the context of rising political power
Atwood’s personal context reframes this idea through a modern political lens on the battle for women’s rights and criticism of the government power due to its fiscal policies.
how could i make an idea out of this?
Also do u think if i fix these i could get a 15 for module a nd common module thats what im aiming for
Thank you!!!!

itsalovehaterelo

HSC
Thank you so much this helped alot. In the first point in module A do u mean like not make it so direct? and for my third point im focusing more on like
Shakespeare represents the volatile aspect of the human nature, reflecting the complex issue of power and authority related to the context of rising political power
Atwood’s personal context reframes this idea through a modern political lens on the battle for women’s rights and criticism of the government power due to its fiscal policies.
how could i make an idea out of this?
Also do u think if i fix these i could get a 15 for module a nd common module thats what im aiming for
Thank you!!!!
for your first point, talking about female sexualisation is a big NO. its just a bit explicit, and a bit controversial. also because its not a big theme in either text, its going to seem like youre kind of pulling it from threads, and that will be taken badly because youre meant to be saying good things about shakespeare,
personally, i only had 2 points in my mod a essay, and it got a 19/20 in trials
the third point is good, i just think its hard to talk about what literature is doing w that.
15 for mod a is very achievable, 15 for crucible is a little harder, but definitely still achievable.

Zara_m21

HSC
for your first point, talking about female sexualisation is a big NO. its just a bit explicit, and a bit controversial. also because its not a big theme in either text, its going to seem like youre kind of pulling it from threads, and that will be taken badly because youre meant to be saying good things about shakespeare,
personally, i only had 2 points in my mod a essay, and it got a 19/20 in trials
the third point is good, i just think its hard to talk about what literature is doing w that.
15 for mod a is very achievable, 15 for crucible is a little harder, but definitely still achievable.
Ohh okay thankyou! Do u have any idea which are related to contexual ethics in society and how that influences an author any ideas relating to that i can adapt my first idea to (
The contextual ethics of society establish a division between original/ new texts - Attitudes and beliefs towards the values of women change due to the influence of the contextual ethics of society. (Representation of women)
Contextual influences are vital to the similarities and differences between hag seed and tempest - Atwood uses context to convey extent of change of values and Human qualities that occured since the shakespearean times. )
this is what i was trying to talk about although my tutor said no.
Thankyou for all your sugesstions btw there really helpful and i just needed some guidance to see if i was on the right track :)

synthesisFR

しゃけ
HSC
i got 85 on it but screwed over all the financial qns
hahahaha during trial exams for advanced math there was a show financial question, i swear there was a mistake in the question so i just waffled it and at the end wrote the answer the question asked u to show and got full marks.

breadcrumbs

HSC
hahahaha during trial exams for advanced math there was a show financial question, i swear there was a mistake in the question so i just waffled it and at the end wrote the answer the question asked u to show and got full marks.
i did that in one of my 3u exams i was legit so close to getting the answer but i had some like negative that wasnt meant to be there so i just fudged it and still got full marks LOL

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
you do adv??

carrotsss

HSC
does ur school make you do the advanced exam?

sae24

HSC
In Module C Paper 2 for the creative part, are they allowed to restrict you in writing a discursive piece with a reflection only? or will they provide other options (eg. imaginative)

carrotsss

HSC
In Module C Paper 2 for the creative part, are they allowed to restrict you in writing a discursive piece with a reflection only? or will they provide other options (eg. imaginative)
they usually let you choose which type (reflection isn’t a choice though), but they have said a specific type in the past so it’s possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 7)