4U progress (1 Viewer)

suiyi_z

we've done complex numbers, nearly all polynomials and gone really quickly through graphs, even though i didn't learn anything. we've also got harder 3u stuff in half yearlies! and i HATE harder 3u

M@C D@DDY

HSC
it's not good to go 2 fast but hey not good to b slow we flyin through 4 unit can't believe it lyk a topic a week
did complex in a week and polynomials we're alreadi half way but we're doin fitzpatricks and such a easi book

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by grimreaper
Yeah we had to do radians first in 4u to. As to the original topic, my school has only done complex no.'s and is half way through polynomials... lol I guess we're slow
Isn't radians a 2 unit topic?

aud

HSC
Originally posted by abdooooo!!!
isn't radians a year 9 topic??? :confused:
If it is, then most of us must have been asleep that day. Our school's mixed up their program by accident, my teacher thinks a page got put out of order, cause we just learnt Trig Functions in 3U, before Exponential (which we're doing now) and before Logarithmic, which we're doing next... hopeless...

But like I said, we had to learn radians for Complex in 4U... has anyone with Patel's book realised the whole complex roots bit is in his Polynomials section?

abdooooo!!!

Banned
whats going on... umm... isn't radians just the angle carved out by the circumference of the circle in relation to its radius.

2*pi*r = circle = 360 degrees is the angle of a circle or something like that.

so this is in hsc now?? what the hell...

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by kimmeh
wtf? no way ! i learnt about radians in my HSC course :confused:
They are a HSC course but they are still pretty simple. Ive been doing radians since yr 10 because I needed to use them to edit a flight sim.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
whats going on... umm... isn't radians just the angle carved out by the circumference of the circle in relation to its radius.
Yep one radian is the angle where the arc created by the angle is equal to the radius hence there are 2pi radians in a circle.

Calculon

HSC
N/A

2*pi*r = circle = 360 degrees is the angle of a circle or something like that.

so this is in hsc now?? what the hell...
Its in the 2 unit HSC dude, all you need to know is convert radians to degrees, and a couple of other basic things

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
all i can say is that on this time last year, we were finishing off curve sketching (after complex no.)...but we never finished the course...so yeah. :D

grimreaper

HSC
Well my school's only just started conics... and we've done complex no.s and polynomials so far, so I think we're a fair way behind still...

Calculon

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by freaking_out
all i can say is that on this time last year, we were finishing off curve sketching (after complex no.)...but we never finished the course...so yeah. :D
*runs off screaming*

schmackers

HSC
N/A
at our school we've done circular motion, curve sketching and we're just about done with complex numbers.

Heinz

The Musical Fruit
HSC
To date, weve done complex numbers, polynomials, integration and volumes. Teacher says we wont start anything else till next term. So that leaves a few weeks to do the drill.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)