A tutor scammed me (1 Viewer)

dingodog

HSC
well probably what I would do in this case:

> go to his house, and get money back
> if his mum or whatever says he isn't home then ask when s/he will be back
> or explain to his mum/whatever he owes you x monies for tutoring that never happened
what i imagine wil happen is that he will play the clueless card or get his brother to cover for him

dingodog

HSC
well probably what I would do in this case:

> go to his house, and get money back
> if his mum or whatever says he isn't home then ask when s/he will be back
> or explain to his mum/whatever he owes you x monies for tutoring that never happened
what i imagine wil happen is that he will play the clueless card or get his brother to cover for him

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Or you can just name and shame, give us the tutors details and we can deal with him.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Or you can just name and shame, give us the tutors details and we can deal with him.
I agree with this idea but if the allegations turn out to be false/incorrect/etc that's defamation iirc? or something (idk I am not a lawyer) and I don't want to be sued

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
I agree with this idea but if the allegations turn out to be false/incorrect/etc that's defamation iirc? or something (idk I am not a lawyer) and I don't want to be sued
I'm sure DatAtarLyfe's mum is a lawyer and we get some sort of discount with legal fees so I wouldn't worry about that man. Don't worry, you wont get sued, if all-allegations about defamation can turn against me, I don't mind, I can get my way around these things.

dingodog

HSC
Well, my whatsapp messenger app has been receiving 12hr-24 late replies even though hes online all the time and reads my messages. No reply since last friday. Highly doubt this is a false allegation ...

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, my whatsapp messenger app has been receiving 12hr-24 late replies even though hes online all the time and reads my messages. No reply since last friday. Highly doubt this is a false allegation ...
I was just saying

but yeah check your inbox

Flop21

HSC
Uh... so you gave $100 to some random stranger over the internet? Sorry, how did you give this $100 in advance? Was it in person? Or over the internet? If it was the prior, then that should have been a MASSIVE red flag.

How do you know this kid is a tutor or dux?

Honestly there's not much you can do. If you didn't meet up with this guy, then he could be some person on the other side of the world, or in another state. Only option is to bluff and scare him.

I would first message him and ask you want a refund, before this - try and get as much of his details as you can (since i'm better he'll block you when you ask this). If he declines, then threaten to take him to small claims court.

You probably don't wanna actually take him to court, but hopefully the threat or you saying you are will scare him into refunding the money.

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
always research carefully before you find a tutor. Ask them for their name and stalk them everywhere possible (on social media, hsc distinguished achievers list, school newsletters etc lol) and make sure they got the band 6s in the subjects they claim to aswell.

ppl like Davidson Sole exist so be cautious always. And first lesson maybe bring a parent too if possible?

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Uh... so you gave $100 to some random stranger over the internet? Sorry, how did you give this $100 in advance? Was it in person? Or over the internet? If it was the prior, then that should have been a MASSIVE red flag.

How do you know this kid is a tutor or dux?

Honestly there's not much you can do. If you didn't meet up with this guy, then he could be some person on the other side of the world, or in another state. Only option is to bluff and scare him.

I would first message him and ask you want a refund, before this - try and get as much of his details as you can (since i'm better he'll block you when you ask this). If he declines, then threaten to take him to small claims court.

You probably don't wanna actually take him to court, but hopefully the threat or you saying you are will scare him into refunding the money.
yeah he's definitely a real person, got mutuals with him lol

But I agree, OP make it sounds serious and the bolded - probably tell him that too

dan964

what
HSC
Uni Grad
what is also very strange, is I did some sleuthing around, and clicked on the tutor's ad on BoredofStudies.
Then clicked on another thread that was linked by him,
not only was one of the links pop up with some strange error
I web archived the page, and downloaded one of the files
and it look vaguely familar to something on HSC in the Holidays.

Last edited:

Drsoccerball

HSC
what is also very strange, is I did some sleuthing around.
not only was one of the links pop up with some strange error
I web archived the page, and downloaded one of the file and it look vaguely familar to something on HSC in the Holidays.
Did this guy even get a single band 6 lmao?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)