acturial anybody? (1 Viewer)

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
mwah015 said:
uhm about that, i was wondering... would the demand for actuaries be high and would it be easy to find a job if u did actuarial studies???
]

according to my "job guide" book its in high demand

mwah015

HSC
ok does anyone know how many people actually do actuarial studies in uni???:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:

Poad

HSC
Silly question -

How much does actuarial studies focus on economics? I currently am doing economics at school but I'm getting kinda bored of it, and would rather not do more boring/complex economics at uni.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Poad said:
Silly question -

How much does actuarial studies focus on economics? I currently am doing economics at school but I'm getting kinda bored of it, and would rather not do more boring/complex economics at uni.
You won't focus on Economics in actuarial studies. It is like a extra study that student takes. The core part is statistics. Economics will be less than 5% or not even taught. However, you can do Economics degree in conjunction with the actuarial degree.

P

pLuvia

mwah015 said:
ok does anyone know how many people actually do actuarial studies in uni???:uhhuh: :uhhuh: :uhhuh:
In MACQ it is about 150 or so per year

@Poad: You have to complete at least first level micro and macro economics as part of the exemption subjects inorder for you to get your part 1 exemptions, or you can choose not to do them and do it via the IAAust

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)