AFL thread. :D (1 Viewer)

pushkin

HSC
N/A
can't wait for the match this weekend...i'm hoping we can finally get up over collingwood.

i just realised on that comp that i posted that for every person you refer, you get an additional entry in the identical referral prize. there’s actually two prizes, not one it seems. think i might enter again and refer everyone i know :D

HSC
N/A
pushkin said:
can't wait for the match this weekend...i'm hoping we can finally get up over collingwood.

yeh i hope too that we can finally beat collingwood.... it seems that we can never beat them, we might drop to 7 of 8 if we lose, then it might be sudden death against brisbane...

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
walkahz said:
I suppose yes it does depend where you live as there as sydney is still very rugby orientated. In some area's rugby dominates where in others aussie rules is becoming more popular.
Never said all fans wernt pasionate and you may well be one of the good ones.
But you have proved my point by saying that you support sydney because they are "the home team". I am one of the few People at my school who follow AFL and the only one of those who doesnt support sydney (most of them are sheep).
Hell at the geelong game i heard swans "fans" yelling out such retarded statements such as "smash him barry" (popular one as sydney fans seem to love the dickhead that is barry hall) and even "give him a red card ref" (this made me rofl).
I think you might've been sitting at the alcohol area :p I've been to 8 home games this year and let me tell you, I haven't heard such a thing.

Doctor Jolly

. Per Aspera Ad Astra *
HSC
walkahz said:
ARE U KIDDING!!!!
Some but very few of the swans fans are truely passionate about the game and the swans (at least no where near the level that the fans in melbourne are).
Sydney have only really become popular since they won the grand final. Before that they had no where near the support they have now. Their "fans" are just on the bandwagon.
Isn't that one of the purposes of a premiership though? One of the reasons for winning would be to increase the team's image around Australia and potentially gain more memberships and to get more people into the sport. You must understand that Sydney is a NRL dominated region. When I walk around the western areas of Sydney wearing a Swans jersey I get looked at weirdly and people go 'what team is that?', so you can imagine why Sydney became popular since 2005. Furthermore, AFL isn't really talked about too much, unless you have friends that actually watch it. IMO, factors that contribute to this include the crappy 5 second reports Channel 7 have on AFL during their 6 o'clock news and the crappy Channel 7 "live" plays of the game which aren't even good on HD so you can imagine why AFL isn't popular around the Sydney area. The Swans can only do so much in terms of publicity too.

puglover

HSC
<vent>it bothers me that my house mate who goes for Essendon knows more about my team then i do. </vent>

i reckon my team is gonna win this year!

i might be getting a membership next year.

HSC
Swannies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 We are moving into next round vs to Western Dogs next week. A huge test ahead!

HSC
N/A
NorthRiversMatt said:
Swannies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 We are moving into next round vs to Western Dogs next week. A huge test ahead!
yeh!!! barry hall firing on all cylinders lol!
nah, i reckon we'll beat the dogs even tho i would have us play the saints. anyways, my prediction is that we beat the dogs, then rip up geelong, and then win the final and become premiers :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah absolutely dominated. i doubt they'll stage an epic comeback now

Real Madrid

HSC
Deluded AFL much?

And you guys actually plan on making international rules...

Football is a hundred fold times more popular than your eggball code.:rofl:

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah, popularity correlates to quality. that's why the britney spears movie crossroads was one of the best movies of all time, right? because it did decently in the box office.

Real Madrid

HSC
And quantity is having 36 retarded skinheads jumping on eachothers back to catch an egg.

We will see how the Brazilians react when you take that 'game' there.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh right, you're trolling i get it.

in case you're not, there's more skinhead related violence centred around soccer matches than in Aussie Rules, rugby, or rugby league put together.

Real Madrid

HSC
Where's your proof?

If you're going to quote Channel 7 or any other 'bogan' mainstream news source, you're seriously mistaken.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
You're an idiot.

Go to a game in Poland

If you're Asian, you probably won't return from such a game.

Real Madrid

HSC
Have you ever been to anywhere near Poland?

I think you're deluded like most AFL tards because you base everything on quantative value than qualitative value. If theres 2 fights a week around the world in football and only 1 in AFL (probably the reserve anyway), you idiots are probably going to assume that football is more violent. Now if we break up the amount of games played in professional football to whatever AFL has, you'll realise that a good 1000 games of football happen every week whilst only a measly 8 happen in tardball. Your sport is far more violent and the mediocrity in this is that you losers would do anything you can to give your sport a 'good guy' image. If you think fighting and 'roughing' up the opponent by hooking his face is a good way of saying game, then by all means take your egg and players and fight in the ring.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yes, I was born near Poland.

There aren't many fights in AFL. Someone punching another player isn't the same as fans stabbing each other. Riot squads being called in for EVERY game between rival teams in Poland, etc. However, this isn't BECAUSE of soccer, but rather because of what soccer matches starts to symbolise (that is rivalries between towns, races, religions). I'm not the one who accused AFL players and supporters of being skinheads.

The sport itself is more violent. There's no denying it. So what, though? Some sports are more violent then others. Different sports appeal to different people. It's silly comparing the two because 'more people play soccer worldwide', or 'players aren't skinheads'.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)