Age Difference (2 Viewers)

Do you have a preference of how much older/younger someone is that you go out with?

• Yes; they have to be the SAME age!

Votes: 48 2.8%
  • No; I don;t mind!

Votes: 655 38.3%
  • Yes; no more than a year younger/older than me!

Votes: 594 34.8%
  • I like older/younger men/women!

Votes: 411 24.1%

• Total voters

virgin^sexy

ctn, t9
HSC
haha i'm allowed to date
and i always ask my mum what's the oldest i'm allowed
and she'll be like 17 (i'm 17)
but i know if i go out with someone i like, she wouldn't care about age

izi

HSC
it depends on the individual. 18 year olds can be on different levels. if an 18 year old girl wants to settle down and have a family, then i guess there is nothing wrong with her dating a 27 year old. but if she still doesnt know what a penis is, then i guess its a different story...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
There's 3 years between my girlfriend and I but its not really relevant except when childish arguments errupt and she uses the 'I've been on earth longer that you so I should know' or 'respect your elders sunshine'.... on the maturity stakes, she's 25 going on 12, although I'm just as bad.

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
Minai said:
Age should only matter if it's to do with different goals in life
example: an 18 year old girls priorities are say, uni, having fun, friends etc, and the 27 year old guy might be career minded, wants to settle down and have a family etc
thats when age matters..
Totally agree with Minai on that. But it also depends upon how mature the two people are. Like my sister is 21 and she moved away from home at 16 (to go to school in the city) and now she's with a 30yr old. But if you didn't know their ages then you wouldn't know the difference. They're like two peas in a pod...they just mesh. Some ppl don't mesh...

Go for the mesh. :D

zerzillia

age difference isn't very important as long as the two get along.
though i still feel iffy about a wide age difference.

it's hard to place an exact amount of years and say this is how it should be, things never work that way.

you should date someone who has the same maturity level as you.

for now i think the age gap shouldn't be too wide, but once you hit 20s, i think a 10 yr difference is okay.

it really depends on personality of both parties.

truly-in-bliss

my love is like woah!
HSC
i cant believe how immature some of u can be. calling the gal and her bf names and jumping into conclusions does not exactly help her to decide her case.

although the age gap might be too wide for some, but who are we to judge when emotions and feelings are invovled? after all love does crazy things to people.

if you think the age gap is too much for u, then please put *in my opinion* or *for me* somewhere in ur response. if you got nothing good to say then to borrow a line from minai.. *dont say anything at all*. she is here for help, so please give her rational advice.

cko

HSC
hmm.... well if his 27 then id b kinda grossed out coz he'd look like... an old man. But yeh thas just how i wud feel. but umm... u no, thatd b like me dating my maths teacher coz his 27. o god thas disgustn *shiver down spine* [not u n ur 27 yo man, me n my maths teacher blargh!]

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Jago said:
One word: Copycats
hey i said sugar daddy before! :p

Seriously, if you love him, and he loves you, theres really not anything wrong with it. It might seem weird now, but if the love is really there then i dont see whats wrong with it, rather it should be wrong if you were to end it due to social implications against you're love for each other.

Loz#1

"03'er"
HSC
truly-in-bliss said:
i cant believe how immature some of u can be. calling the gal and her bf names and jumping into conclusions does not exactly help her to decide her case.

although the age gap might be too wide for some, but who are we to judge when emotions and feelings are invovled? after all love does crazy things to people.

if you think the age gap is too much for u, then please put *in my opinion* or *for me* somewhere in ur response. if you got nothing good to say then to borrow a line from minai.. *dont say anything at all*. she is here for help, so please give her rational advice.
In my opinion, if someone wants to go out with another person despite the age gap, I say go for it. BUT you've definitley got to make sure you won't get hurt.

If you do, it's the risk you take.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
hmm well my year advisor always says that 1 year of age difference as a teenager is like 4 years difference as an adult... i think i agree with that. it's amazing how different i am to how i was a year ago. while it's not like you stop changing as an adult, i think it settles down a lot once you become an adult...

myself, i've always gone for older guys...my current bf is 2 1/2 yrs older and he's one of the younger ones... when i was 14-15 i always went for older guys (like 20/21 yr olds, occasionally older) but now that i've gotten a bit older i think i've settled down, hence my wanting to be around guys closer to my own age

i don't think an age gap is always a bad thing, but you do have to keep in mind that there are many people who will, and also, like minai said, you're going to want different things out of life

now it's time for neighbours :D in conclusion, just try and keep it legal

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
now that you mention it, that 1:4 ratio really does seem credible :|

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)