Age of Empires (1 Viewer)

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I have played this before, many years ago at my cousins house but their computer stopped working. My brother bought it yesterday and l can't stop playing it!

Does anyone else like it? Or even the sims?

KevinCooper

not a big fan of age of empires, but will have a game occasionally. I can't stand the sims. its what's called a time-reward game, the company rewards you for the time u spend playing, and come in to reap the rewards by releasing 'add-on' packs, which are pretty much new skins for ur characters, i've still to educate my sister about this

azn_006

Age of Mythology was a lot better then the rest, especially in terms of graphics, but it needs more of a storyline and diferent options to take like AOE2 were you can play with the huns or the spanish or whatever

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
Oh sorry l meant l have age of empires 2 with the expansion the conquerors. My dad loves it as well.

juventino

Juventus For Life
HSC
Aoe 1....that's sad as ....

Aom is very good, but like someone said before- the story line is CRAP.

But then again, who plays a game for the storyline?! :D;)

pink_esky

aoe 1 and 2 are both good, and so is the sims. civ III not bad either. nor is heros of might an magic. anyone remember that game?

hatty

Banned
Originally posted by pink_esky
aoe 1 and 2 are both good, and so is the sims. civ III not bad either. nor is heros of might an magic. anyone remember that game?
civilization series are 2 hard 2 play
herores is AWESOME

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Haha AOE1...I remember when all you've got is povs, and they have to kill lions and stuff, so they use these MASSIVE bones to whack the lion, who's shredding the povs with its claws.

Funny stuff.

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
AOE original was the best... ROR was the best after that...

Stupid Spam button in AOE2 (I mean queueing btw) :)

I was a huge AOE fan.

I played 3 multiplayer games today infact...

Protector

a little unsane
HSC
Originally posted by azn_006
Age of Mythology was a lot better then the rest, especially in terms of graphics, but it needs more of a storyline and diferent options to take like AOE2 were you can play with the huns or the spanish or whatever
What world do you live in? Aoe 1 beat the rest... AoE 2 was good, but not as good as the original for game play... and AoE3 (Mythology) was the biggest let down =\

The Bograt

boredofuni
HSC
I have AOE1 and AOES2 with the expansion pack, love them all. Really appreciate it more when you do ancient history :p

Everyone if you like AOE then get Rise of Nations, its bloody good. Kinda expands the concept of giong through the ages of time right up to the present, and includes stuff such as national borders etc.
check it out www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/riseofnations/review.html
EDIT: also have age of mythology, love that too
Praetorians is also a good one to looks at, focuses almost entirely on military maneuvers, tactics and terrain rather than dipolmacy and city-building
What can I say I love ancient RTS

Last edited:

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
OMG I loved age of empires! it was my first game that involved killing things...least i think it did...cant remember...so long ago...back in year 7 and then I converted to the Sims! vacation, hot date etc. what a waste of money! Over that now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)