Alexander (SPOILERS) (1 Viewer)

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
All butlers are mistreated. The monkey was no exception. Although the tux they got for him was pretty damn expensive.

payafee

HSC
i couldn't be bothered to go through all the posts but apparently there's going to be another Alexander the Great movie coming out either late 2005 or early 2006 with Leo DiCaprio as Alexander and Baz Luhrmann directing. let's hope this'll be a vast improvement on Oliver Stone's interpretation shall we?

rumour

HSC
payafee said:
i couldn't be bothered to go through all the posts but apparently there's going to be another Alexander the Great movie coming out either late 2005 or early 2006 with Leo DiCaprio as Alexander and Baz Luhrmann directing. let's hope this'll be a vast improvement on Oliver Stone's interpretation shall we?
That isn't going ahead any more!!!!!!!!

Apparently they had can't find a location or some shit.......

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Since when?
Seeing as how this is going to be based on a series of novels, it might have semblance of an actual story. Although Luhrmann might drown that under all the bright colours.

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
So many bad things about this movie, but the one virtuoso battle scene with the war elephants almost made it all worthwhile.

rumour

HSC
Monkey Butler said:
Since when?
Seeing as how this is going to be based on a series of novels, it might have semblance of an actual story. Although Luhrmann might drown that under all the bright colours.
*shrugs

That is just what I heard, because it was suppose to come out around the same time that this movie came out!!!!!!

EDIT: I don't think DiCaprio will make a good Alexander though....

rumour

HSC
Last edited:

djmattyd

HSC
First off, can I just say Troy was awful. The worst script I have heard in many, many years.

I wanted to see 'Alexander' when I first heard it was being made by Oliver Stone.

The more I hear of it now, the less I want to see it.

Baz Lurhmann's version of 'Alexander' isn't going ahead from what I heard too, so I wouldn't be looking forward to DiCaprio's interpretation anytime soon.

Maybe they saw that the current 'Alexander' was a big enough flop and it scared them off lol.

Last edited:

Fry

rumour said:
*shrugs

That is just what I heard, because it was suppose to come out around the same time that this movie came out!!!!!!

EDIT: I don't think DiCaprio will make a good Alexander though....
i reckon he will, his acting has improved significantly over the years.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Did noone actually read the article I linked to, which plainly says that DESPITE the failure of Stone's Alexander, Luhrrman's version is back on the table. It was originally canned because it fell behind Stone's film and so would've come out just after. But De Laurentis (the producer) and the execs now think that their film could be markets as "the better Alexander", so it's back on.

HSC
N/A
Merethrond said:
Thanks for the spoiler there:mad:! Anyway, I haven't seen it yet but I am pretty sure I will go and see it. The previews make it sound a lot like "Troy":).
Troy was crappp!!
I swear, I think I was expecting too much..

As for Alexander - I've got a copy of it, however, I've been so caught up with work and all, so havent had the time to watch it..

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
I'm bumping this to tell you all that I just hired Alexander and watched it and it sucked balls. Big time. It was the suckiest piece of suck I've seen in a long time. I saw Troy the other week and assumed they would be similar, because Troy really kicked arse. I was disgusted to find that they were nothing alike. Every character was a pain in the arse and I wanted them all to die. It also took me half the movie to realise that they were having a bit of a joke with the "X years earlier" where their deffintion of "earlier" is "approaching zero", which actually means later in the case of BC.

I'm trying to think of something good to say about this movie, but everything about it sucked.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
-MuNcHKiN- said:
Troy was crappp!!
I swear, I think I was expecting too much..

As for Alexander - I've got a copy of it, however, I've been so caught up with work and all, so havent had the time to watch it..
yeh it wasnt your usual babysitters movie.

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
I liked alexander..:eek:

It didn't feel long to me at all...

But then again, there is only one movie i have watched that i didn't like...

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
miss_b said:
I liked alexander..:eek:

It didn't feel long to me at all...

But then again, there is only one movie i have watched that i didn't like...
Which was?

miss_b

still obsessed...
HSC
jumb said:
Which was?
LOTR!!

I watched it and at the beginning i thought, "hmm, this is pretty boring but everyone says it's good, so i probably will get better"...

An hour later, "ok, this has to get good some time soon"

Two hours in, "wait a minute, when did i fall asleep?"

At the end, "why the fuck did everyone like it?!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)