• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Already know their results... (1 Viewer)

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
u know.........i put the code in.........but it just directed me to the studentsonline home page.......that was it.......wat did i do wrong.......OMG .........was that like a bad omen.....:(

LazyBoy

HSC
nessie_lee said:
Like me for example!! I'm not sleeping properly, and i think about it at least a thousand times a day..... i just want to know if i have the marks to get into uni! and now people know their marks and they are STILL making the rest of us wait! roarted!
:vcross:
(sorry for the double post)

But dont worry about it, remember your results wont help you know if they are high enough to get into your course or not. neither is your UAI really. for 80% of us we wont know until January. this includes those who have there HSC results now.

clancy04

At exactly what time did u access ur results, because I was online at 1-2 am and just missed out?

ace

is retired
HSC
Deus said:
of course it will.....hopefully bos will learn a lesson for next year
I doubt BOS will learn, this is the 2nd time it has happened. It happened last year, but most wouldn't know, since the people reading these forums are primarily the graduating class of 2004.

Last year it was about 9 hours before the official time, results were able to be accessed. Just check the older threads if you don't believe me.

They did nothing last year, who's to say they will do something this year. Ahh, Neither of these are applicable to me, so YAY.

LazyBoy

HSC
i got mine at 10. went offline at around 11-12. i checked back because i wanted to investigate more ifit was a well thoughtou out fraude or not.

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
ace said:
I doubt BOS will learn, this is the 2nd time it has happened. It happened last year, but most wouldn't know, since the people reading these forums are primarily the graduating class of 2004.

Last year it was about 9 hours before the official time, results were able to be accessed. Just check the older threads if you don't believe me.

They did nothing last year, who's to say they will do something this year. Ahh, Neither of these are applicable to me, so YAY.
I was just thinking did anything happen last year to the HSC result....coz i think i remember from newspapers something did happen...but can't remember wat was about...LOL....now just hav to wait for the result to come out...ekek

ace

is retired
HSC
If they really wanted to catch the person, why can't they just look at the first person that accessed the Students Online site.

HAHAHA

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
if they are tracking down people to give them a caution, say, hypothetically, someone got someone else to get their results for them? and never actually accessed the page on their own computer? are they safe? :p

i think if there was a danger that results could be tampered with et al, but as it stands, they didn't secure the site enough, it's their own fault

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
glycerine said:
if they are tracking down people to give them a caution, say, hypothetically, someone got someone else to get their results for them? and never actually accessed the page on their own computer? are they safe? :p

i think if there was a danger that results could be tampered with et al, but as it stands, they didn't secure the site enough, it's their own fault

hypothically......:p......yeh they would be safe.......unless they look at the students numbers which have been accessed........then they catch u....

HSC
Looking at the way the student obtained their results, I would hardly call them a 'hacker' merely a 'smart exploiter' They didn't obtain unauthorised access to the BOS servers, but just asked the server to provide them with some information by using a Java script query, that information being their results....

Thinking about it...I dont want to get my fucking results...I wont be able to handle the suspense in the last two seconds of the page loading...

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
joujou_84 said:
hypothically......:p......yeh they would be safe.......unless they look at the students numbers which have been accessed........then they catch u....
yeah well hypothetically i could decide to retake one of my courses so i don't care
meaning it doesn't matter to me if they decide to punish me, hypothetically, thru results :p

joujou_84

GoOOooOONe
HSC
look they wont do anything to anyone.........u had the chance to check ur results.......and no idiot would hold back......the only person likely to get introuble is Mr. hacker himself.........relax ppl.....

superbird

HSC
tanvi said:
I know the guy!

The "Brett Sham" that they mentioned did Young Achievers with me...I think he was a bit of a smart cookie, but a little strange (hope he doesn't read this!). Well, that's what I thought anyway!

By the by, he goes to James Ruse. Who would have thought it? :)
actually for a kid who went to Ruse, I would've expected he performed better. His results were something in the 80's ey

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
strangers can't access your results as you need your student number and PIN to get them.

HSC
superbird said:
actually for a kid who went to Ruse, I would've expected he performed better. His results were something in the 80's ey

Have you ever heard of intelligent/smart people that can't be bothered?

superbird said:
hackers can do anything

He wasnt a fucking hacker.....just a really smart person who saw the 'exploit' in the way the page produced the results....So often people coin anyone who does anything outrageous with a computer a 'hacker', just like the news teams do. "The students obtained their results over something known as the 'Internet'"

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)