Another repeat (I know it's a shame)! (1 Viewer)

H

hobozforlife

LOL I'm coming first in standard.. nd yeah my advanced eng teacher did tell me not to drop it ohh well.
but lets get back to the original issue...

teeah

HSC
Yeah i have, but it's going to take TOO long!!
I mean why not just repeat a year and do stuff I'm already good at and get a good atar :)
But what happens (not saying that it will, defo wouldnt want this for you) if the atar or umat isnt high enough?
Would you consider grad then?

Demise

HSC
If you got a 50 in UMAT, how will you all of a sudden get an 80+ in just a year, not saying you won't. Who's to say that you're even capable of 98+ if you are about to get 70-80 from the sound of your thread (not insulting you). Furthermore, you don't go to a selective school since you're so willing to leave it to a different school (meaning it isn't exclusive), so most probably a first in english standard does not mean you can simply get a band 6 in standard - not insulting you, just saying statistically. Go to uni, don't bother repeating HS, just do a year of undergrad and try to transfer, heck, you may change your mind. Just because you've done the HSC once doesn't mean next year you'll perfect it.

Last edited:

Demise

HSC
LOL I'm coming first in standard.. nd yeah my advanced eng teacher did tell me not to drop it ohh well.
We all told you not to bother with repeating, but you keep giving excuses, so this thread is pointless. You're simply attempting to justify your decision to us because you know what you're doing will be a mistake. If you don't care that we're all telling you to repeat, just close this thread and repeat!

Rohanco

HSC
Hey I plan on repeating to, had some stuff go on this year as well. I'm actually doing it through TAFE, TAFE is a great place to do the HSC, I actually already do one of my HSC subjects there. I've known of heaps of students who have gotten 90+ ATAR's through TAFE. The course always has a few students every year who got ATAR's in the low 90's at school, weren't happy with their results, so they repeat and get in the high 90's. So many people on this forum are so against repeating, I don't know why, if you put in the dedications it's well worth it.

H

hobozforlife

LOL Demise I will get back to u in a year but thnx for being so considerate. I understand but comeon m not just gna sit here nd wait for > 99 to appear on my screen magically, I will put in the work ofcourse.
And Rohanco inbox me wif wat tafe and subs u doing?:)

H

hobozforlife

Nd hun if u dp scroll up nd read my post I rnt nower justying to you ...

Demise

HSC
LOL Demise I will get back to u in a year but thnx for being so considerate. I understand but comeon m not just gna sit here nd wait for > 99 to appear on my screen magically, I will put in the work ofcourse.
And Rohanco inbox me wif wat tafe and subs u doing?:)
Start working on your english, that's a good place. (no offense)

Nd hun if u dp scroll up nd read my post I rnt nower justying to you ...
This is what I mean, it requires common sense to understand what I'm saying. I said that a majority are saying to not repeat, but you're asking us to continue posting even though when someone says, "don't repeat", you reply with an excuse as to why you want to repeat - JUST REPEAT THEN. If you have an excuse for everything, why bother posting this thread, repeat and just move on. Although with you keeping this thread open, you're clearly trying to justify it to yourself.

H

hobozforlife

Demise chill man... Plus I told youz frm the beginning im going to repeat why argue on dat?
If u hvnt had any experience in this or if u dnt noe anyone who has gone thru it den plz dnt post here nd dis thread is for ppl hu r on the same boat as me..:D

Demise

HSC
Demise chill man... Plus I told youz frm the beginning im going to repeat why argue on dat?
If u hvnt had any experience in this or if u dnt noe anyone who has gone thru it den plz dnt post here nd dis thread is for ppl hu r on the same boat as me..:D
Then why'd you post this thread? Also, if it's for people who've been in the same scenario as you your thread title wouldn't have "i know it's a shame." - Honestly I don't see why you're getting defensive, I'm just trying to help you lol.

jnney

lemon
HSC
I have a friend's sister who repeated through TAFE, and received and ATAR of 95.

In distance education, you receive material on a fortnightly basis, you do the work, send it back, and repeat. Any questions you have can be directed to your supervisor who is in charge of your and other students doing the same subject via correspondence. There will also be occasions when you are required, with others, to attend some class lessons.

Anyways, good luck with everything :)

Rawf

HSC
First in what ranked school?
If you really want to repeat and get into med.. I strongly recommend you to do advanced english. Shakespeare really isn't that hard. Plus you don't even have to read the plays as there are probably a million movies/re-inactions of it floating around the internet.
If you're coming first in standard you'll definitely do will in advanced english. If you're capable of getting a band 6 in standard, then you'll probably achieve a high band 6 in advanced. Half the content is the same already (belonging) and the level of analysis needed is basically the same for the modules.

H

hobozforlife

Bro u were trying to offend me the whole tym nd wen I did reply ur saying why m I getting offended!?
Man I repeat this thread is for people hu r on the same boat as mee.
Yaa allah why is dat so hard to grasp!

jnney

lemon
HSC
Hey I plan on repeating to, had some stuff go on this year as well. I'm actually doing it through TAFE, TAFE is a great place to do the HSC, I actually already do one of my HSC subjects there. I've known of heaps of students who have gotten 90+ ATAR's through TAFE. The course always has a few students every year who got ATAR's in the low 90's at school, weren't happy with their results, so they repeat and get in the high 90's. So many people on this forum are so against repeating, I don't know why, if you put in the dedications it's well worth it.
Which tafe do the subject at?

Also, what is the environment like there, how are the students and your teacher?

I did accounting at tafe for a bit, but the place was just so shabby, so were the students and the teacher. I ended up quitting because i couldn't stand it.

Demise

HSC
Bro u were trying to offend me the whole tym nd wen I did reply ur saying why m I getting offended!?
Man I repeat this thread is for people hu r on the same boat as mee.
Yaa allah why is dat so hard to grasp!
Nah I'm not trying to offend you lmao, you just got offended since someone challenged the way you thought.

Also it's an open forum, I can post where I want to since I'm breaking no rules... Anyways I'm off, you're stubborn and only want to hear what you want to hear.

DAFUQ

HSC
your all getting trolled. look at the name. hobozforlife.

H

hobozforlife

I have a friend's sister who repeated through TAFE, and received and ATAR of 95.

In distance education, you receive material on a fortnightly basis, you do the work, send it back, and repeat. Any questions you have can be directed to your supervisor who is in charge of your and other students doing the same subject via correspondence. There will also be occasions when you are required, with others, to attend some class lessons.

Anyways, good luck with everything :)
Yeah awesum I was thinking of that :D

First in what ranked school?
If you really want to repeat and get into med.. I strongly recommend you to do advanced english. Shakespeare really isn't that hard. Plus you don't even have to read the plays as there are probably a million movies/re-inactions of it floating around the internet.
If you're coming first in standard you'll definitely do will in advanced english. If you're capable of getting a band 6 in standard, then you'll probably achieve a high band 6 in advanced. Half the content is the same already (belonging) and the level of analysis needed is basically the same for the modules.
I go to a shyt ranked skewl cuz I moved interstate half way thru year 11, really had no choice so yah my skewl is ranked low in 500s but I got my English essays/creative marked by various other teachers from other skewlz such as baulkham and other ex hsc markers me so yeah...
And yeah I was thinking about doing advanced eng u have just made it easier for me and thanks I will defo do adv now :)

Nah I'm not trying to offend you lmao, you just got offended since someone challenged the way you thought.

Also it's an open forum, I can post where I want to since I'm breaking no rules... Anyways I'm off, you're stubborn and only want to hear what you want to hear.
Oh thank you soooo much! :)
your all getting trolled. look at the name. hobozforlife.
?

Rohanco

HSC
Which tafe do the subject at?

Also, what is the environment like there, how are the students and your teacher?

I did accounting at tafe for a bit, but the place was just so shabby, so were the students and the teacher. I ended up quitting because i couldn't stand it.
I di Ancient History at Meadowbank, the Environment is very mature and professional, better than learning at High School in my opinion. There are a couple of students who really shouldn't be there, but due to the fact that TAFE is optional unlike school, most of the kids who don't want to learn drop out of the course after the first few weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)