ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

romancandle

HSC
Hey, that's weird. Today I got an offer from Bruce Hall, and UniLodge was on my preference list :confused:. I wouldn't worry about UniLodge, though. From what I hear it's getting much better. Finally the wait is over, for me at least! Also, did they mention which UL building you're up for?

That really annoys me to tell you the truth. I rang both accomodation services and bruce direct and they explained that priority was given to people with first preferences there and from that list offers were selected and given. What youve just said appears to be contrary to this.

And no it doesnt. And what do you mean its getting much better.... whats it been likee lol? what are the issues?

garrybarry

HSC
Actually Bruce was my top pref, I was just saying that I also had UL on my list. There's a thread about UL. It had a rep of being anti-social and boring, but read the thread, lots of useful info.

romancandle

HSC
Actually Bruce was my top pref, I was just saying that I also had UL on my list. There's a thread about UL. It had a rep of being anti-social and boring, but read the thread, lots of useful info.

ah right right I see. well congratulations anyway! yeh I'll look up the thread, thanks.

cricketfan10

HSC
Wow cricketfan? How did you get them to check your application personally? Whenever I've called they just gave me general info rather than "well Miss (last name) your application is..."?

Does anyone still think there is a chance for catered accommodation, or has that ship well and truly sailed?
oh hm well she asked for my last name herself so yeah, and it was anna. but again, id imagine everyone else would be in the same situation where their application is 'under consideration'.

garrybarry, did u have something special on your application that bruce hall chose you? just wondering if the details u put in have anything to do with it. also, what did your status say before you got the offer? congratz on the offer though.

garrybarry

HSC
Nope, nothing special that I can think of. It said under consideration for Bruce Hall. It's been like that for ages. Thanks, though.

cricketfan10

HSC
Nope, nothing special that I can think of. It said under consideration for Bruce Hall. It's been like that for ages. Thanks, though.
Ah ok.

More news, apparently my mum called before I did and according to her conversation with Anna - rooms for Bruce, Ursula and Burgmann are filled out :confused: because she said there's no chance im going to get into a catered hall. WTF. she said since my application is being considered by B&G, that's the only chance ive got.

also, what they're looking to do is get a good mix of students. equal # of boys and girls and a mix of different types of academic students...so that's how they're going about selections.

if i get B&G im screwedd, i cant cook to save my life.. -_-

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
you wont get into johns unless it is put down as your first preference.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Ah ok.

More news, apparently my mum called before I did and according to her conversation with Anna - rooms for Bruce, Ursula and Burgmann are filled out :confused: because she said there's no chance im going to get into a catered hall. WTF. she said since my application is being considered by B&G, that's the only chance ive got.

also, what they're looking to do is get a good mix of students. equal # of boys and girls and a mix of different types of academic students...so that's how they're going about selections.

if i get B&G im screwedd, i cant cook to save my life.. -_-
Look on the bright side, you'll save alot of money.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
YAY I just got an accomodation offer.... from TOAD HALL............. I never heard of that one? lol

emiline

HSC
Wow, Toad Hall indeed...haha Toad Hall is better than No Hall...
Nice Work there... one down lol!

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I'm just happy I got an on campus accomodation, lol.... although there wont be many first years there! That's a bit annoying as there probably wont be anyone from my lectures living there either.

I have a week to accept and pay the fees (I forgot about the upfront fees, lol).

Toad Hall looks nice.

PS: On the Toad Hall website it says that you have to be a Post Grad, over 24 or mature age. I applied to ANU as mature age (I just turned 24) so I guess thats why they put me there?

imallergic

HSC
Me too.... Dangit. So cannot afford unilodge - I'd rather get a dodgy motel offer if the price is right. Might have to look into share houses... Although that'd be pretty hard considering we have to be there in 2 weeks or so.

:hammer:

emiline

HSC
Oh you are! Wow, at least that is some advancement in application

cricketfan10

HSC
think it's almost certain we'll get an offer from UniLodge considering the extra rooms they've built for this year.

imallergic

HSC
It's sorta funny, sorta sad how over the past week, our accommodation status' have slowly shifted from our first preferences, to our last preferences, to unilodge. Lol. Hopefully we won't go even further down the chain and have 'you are now being considered by a shifty motel' on our status page.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)