ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

emiline

HSC
Cricketfan and Imallergic DO NOT FEAR
Hell, if I got an offer, you WILL get an offer! Very near. I refuse to turn into one of those smug I'm-stress free-because-I-got-an-offer types whom I still detest. I dont really see Kinloch as an offer, more as a settlement...

Hmmmm is it possible then that I will be the only first year at Kinloch...pfft, probably, knowing my accomodation luck....40 year old friends here I come!

dreamee

HSC
I'm still offer-less too. :-( But decided to go down on PEA day (anyone else been? how was that? was it worth it?). I wanted to actually go and see the accom people face to face and see what's actually happening. But status still says Unilodge... :-( :-(

ephorex

HSC
Bugger...still no offer...

If I get UL (which seems almost definite now), PLEASE Kinloch shared room....I don't want to cook every single fkn day..

Well, in any case, looks like UL will have plenty of first years this year; a get-together seems increasingly feasible.

cricketfan10

HSC
I'm still with you, cricketfan. If you get an offer before me, don't gloat too much.

:bomb:
lol whatever i get now will be nothing worth gloating about anyway.

i actually rather they not give me an offer yet tbh, and wait until people start rejecting. surely there will be some who do? *prays

memka

HSC
I'm going to call up UAS on Monday and whinge to them (I know it won't do anything, but I want to complain >:D)
I'm gonna do the same thing. Then maybe call some of the colleges and beg for a place.

ephorex

HSC
Whee, I'm also still offer-free. Although, I ended up enrolling at Unimelb today because I can't/won't go to Unilodge. I'm going to call up UAS on Monday and whinge to them (I know it won't do anything, but I want to complain >:D)

Nah, it's 3c/MB, which is 3x what other colleges are charging. Well, that's according to the summary table (a pdf I found on the site somewhere)
Faaaark....

I'm gonna go broke there..or scoot along to my friends' colleges to dl stuff =P

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Congrats emiline on getting moved out of the studio to the 3b multishare, that's gotta be a much better option.

Cricketfan, good luck and hope you hear on monday at least. You might get the best deal out of all of us, they will probably give you a place that someone rejects and Bruce or Urs or something.

cricketfan10

HSC
Congrats emiline on getting moved out of the studio to the 3b multishare, that's gotta be a much better option.

Cricketfan, good luck and hope you hear on monday at least. You might get the best deal out of all of us, they will probably give you a place that someone rejects and Bruce or Urs or something.
Thanks mate. Not really holding much hope though...so i've kinda convinced myself that with so many first yrs put in unilodge this year it might not be so bad. Let's see what happens.

emiline

HSC
How is day 10003895 of waiting going for everyone?
I have done a ring around of the colleges just making sure that there were no declines of others offers and stuff...but they were all pretty cold....
So I have begrudgingly sent my deposit away to UniLodge.... Any others who are heading off there - we are just going to have to make the most of it:mad1:

cricketfan10

HSC
How is day 10003895 of waiting going for everyone?
I have done a ring around of the colleges just making sure that there were no declines of others offers and stuff...but they were all pretty cold....
So I have begrudgingly sent my deposit away to UniLodge.... Any others who are heading off there - we are just going to have to make the most of it:mad1:
yeah id sent an email to bruce, asking a couple of things about rejections and stuff all they reply with is 'Unfortunately, there is no accommodation available at Bruce Hall.' i understand they may be busy with other stuff but jeez, why reply at all <_<

no accomm yet though..

chuckyhol

HSC
yeah id sent an email to bruce, asking a couple of things about rejections and stuff all they reply with is 'Unfortunately, there is no accommodation available at Bruce Hall.' i understand they may be busy with other stuff but jeez, why reply at all <_<

no accomm yet though..

Uh...what else could they possibly help you with? You want a place there, they're telling you they don't have one for you. All your other questions are pointless.

imallergic

HSC
Kinda went insane this morning cos my wireless internet kept stuffing up - but yeah, even when I finally checked my email, STILL nothing. I get that it must be insane trying to find accommodation for a few hundred out of state and country undergrads, so even though I hate UAS, I guess I better stop being so mean to them. When I'm right in front of them, at least.

imallergic

HSC
What the? From being considered from UniLodge, I went back to Burton & Garran. Fingers crossed. Doubt it though.

cricketfan10

HSC
Uh...what else could they possibly help you with? You want a place there, they're telling you they don't have one for you. All your other questions are pointless.
i don't see why they couldn't answer my queries about what happens when ppl reject offers, as a friend of mine may be doing.

garrybarry

HSC
That would have to be a first... UL filling up before one of the halls. I'd prefer UL over B&G though. UL has 1000 students, all of whom have to pay resident committee fees. $100 * 1000. That's $100 000 to organise events for the year... UL's money just doubled this year! What an awesome time to get into UL. I'm not sure what B&G make their residents pay, however, sos I may be jumping the gun here. Any one know?

Last edited:

cricketfan10

HSC
i almost convinced myself that unilodge wouldn't be so bad lol, only becuz of their spacious rooms, looks awesome tbh...mm, who knows tho i might still be sent there. or a hotel as they might be really pushing now to find a spot :S

garrybarry

HSC
According to the trusty Hall and College Fee Summary, the residents committe charges $135 for B&G
B&G has, what, around 500 residents? So they have only $67 500 to spend. Given the fact that UL aparently has a bad social rep, UL would surely realise that just because they have twice the students of, say B&G, it doesn't mean they would cater for that. They would probably organise events "thinking" they only had 500 students. Good times ahead at UL.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)