Anyone got 99+ without tutoring? (1 Viewer)

elmoateme

HSC
Both the kids who got 99.95 at my school w/o any real tutoring. We had 5 99.90's and im pretty sure none of them got tutored. In fact, I think only 1 person who got over 99 had tutoring. I think a lot of it comes down to confidence to do the HSC without a tutor.

Mind you a few of the girls that did french beginners had paid for some conversation practice with a native speaker, but languages are a little different in that respect because in class you dont really get that much 1 on 1 speaking practice with your teacher, so i dont think that really counts as tutoring as such.

mckensara

HSC
you really can do it, apart from a subject award in year 12 (modern), i have never won an award for academic achievement in my life!

Dragonmaster262

Unorthodox top student
HSC
Hey are the awards that you've won in school important or anything? Because I just throw all of mine away because they're just fancy certificates and I have nowhere to keep them.

sickk

HSC
well, if youve got nothing for your resume there a good space filler

elmoateme

HSC
What did you get in Maths and English mate?
Im assuming you were asking me. I got 98 in maths and 91 in english. Extremely happy with band 6 for english.
And to make this post slightly on topic, I didn't get tutoring for either of them.

mckensara

HSC
Hey are the awards that you've won in school important or anything? Because I just throw all of mine away because they're just fancy certificates and I have nowhere to keep them.
all i mean is that i have never been seen as an academically gifted student in the past. Good luck to you and our mountain of certifcates.

extension 3

HSC
lol arrogance begins to set in....

not everyone gets tutoring on bos
haha this site is such a vent for arrogance. hence my username which is a bit of a pisstake. but yeah i promised myself from next week i am never going on here again and never mentioning the hsc again.

Blobulator

HSC
99.50 without tutoring.... Figured I sucked at maths so I just dropped it and depended on the other ten units, using the extra time on subjects I was already good at. Worked far better than trying to get a mediocre result in something I'd never be too good at and wasting time to do so.

It really isn't needed that much.

5qirtl3

Banned
HSC
i suppose for some people it is unlikely to get 99+ without tutoring.

ajaxandacme

HSC
99.9 without tutoring.

Annoying because selective school, lots of people get tutoring. The people who got 99.95 had massive tutoring. I mean, one person had tutoring since year 1 and did the HSC courses through tutoring in year 11. If I did a little better in exams, I could've been the exception. Oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)