Anyone got 99+ without tutoring? (1 Viewer)

swathard

HSC
99.9 without tutoring.

Annoying because selective school, lots of people get tutoring. The people who got 99.95 had massive tutoring. I mean, one person had tutoring since year 1 and did the HSC courses through tutoring in year 11. If I did a little better in exams, I could've been the exception. Oh well.
this! i am a selective school student too, and I can honestly say that at least 95% of my year group gets tutoring for at least one subject. they'll always say, 'oh I have tutoring hw' or 'oh nah can't come coz I have tutoring'. it's really frustrating and annoying, definitely. I'm someone who has never had tutoring before, and I pretty much have work my butt off and understand concepts without turning to other external people for help etc. - and that does cost me time. but I've always said I will never get a tutor, I just don't believe in them. I'd rather put in that little bit of extra on my own.

congratulations to all those people out there who have achieved amazing atars without tutoring for any subjects! that is just amazing and fantastic! I'm sure it feels great. :D

wendybird

HSC
No tutoring for me.

Wouldn't have worked for my subjects anyway.

I know quite a few 99.90/5ers who DIDN'T have tutoring, so its definitely possible.

I think if you do the subjects you love, put in enough work into them for it to be a real passion - natural talent will win out.

pc1992

HSC
no tutoring for me either

p.s. wendybird nice work on getting .95 without maths

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
in answer to OP's questions: A SHITLOAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tutoring shudnt be a FIRST option, working hard shud

HSC
this! i am a selective school student too, and I can honestly say that at least 95% of my year group gets tutoring for at least one subject. they'll always say, 'oh I have tutoring hw' or 'oh nah can't come coz I have tutoring'. it's really frustrating and annoying, definitely. I'm someone who has never had tutoring before, and I pretty much have work my butt off and understand concepts without turning to other external people for help etc. - and that does cost me time. but I've always said I will never get a tutor, I just don't believe in them. I'd rather put in that little bit of extra on my own.

congratulations to all those people out there who have achieved amazing atars without tutoring for any subjects! that is just amazing and fantastic! I'm sure it feels great. :D
Nah, more like 50-60% :). A lot of people don't get tutoring :|.

swathard

HSC
Nah, more like 50-60% :). A lot of people don't get tutoring :|.
lolll 50-60% is being soo generous! seriously, lol, people lie about it and say they don't get tutoring, but then in another conversation, someone brings up tutoring and somehow you find out that the person who said they dont get tutoring actually goes to the same college as someone else! so yeah.

it is a growing market though. A LOT do get it. it used to be only for maths, now it's maths and english and sciences and other subjects too! it's quite ridiculous.

but yeah. i'm personally against it.

HSC
lolll 50-60% is being soo generous! seriously, lol, people lie about it and say they don't get tutoring, but then in another conversation, someone brings up tutoring and somehow you find out that the person who said they dont get tutoring actually goes to the same college as someone else! so yeah.

it is a growing market though. A LOT do get it. it used to be only for maths, now it's maths and english and sciences and other subjects too! it's quite ridiculous.

but yeah. i'm personally against it.
Well 70% max lol. What do you expect from 80% asian school -_-.

swathard

HSC
Well 70% max lol. What do you expect from 80% asian school -_-.
well all i can say is that if non-asians like me don't get it, asians shouldn't need to get it either. seriously. :| it's just a "stereotyped need" for them.

HSC
well all i can say is that if non-asians like me don't get it, asians shouldn't need to get it either. seriously. :| it's just a "stereotyped need" for them.
Well, not too many of the "top kids" get tutoring. Probably only 20-30% of them get tutoring. Most of the people that do are the people who "need it"...

determine

Premium Member
HSC
Well, not too many of the "top kids" get tutoring. Probably only 20-30% of them get tutoring. Most of the people that do are the people who "need it"...
lol, i really don't think so. from what I've seen/heard, it's not so much whether they need it, it's more to 'get ahead' or 'get an advantage' over others.. i won't mention any names, because that's slack to them, but I know of at least 5 top maths kids and at least 5 top english kids that do get it. so that pattern seems to be that a lot of the top kids do get it. And I went to a selective school too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)