Anyone ready for UMAT? (2 Viewers)

si2136

HSC
N/A
Same here. I finish a paper in 1hr 50-55 mins and I average around 80% by then. I just spend the rest of the time fixing my mistakes up to a ~95%.
Usually I get around 1 or 2 wrong in each section, always doubting myself over s1 and s2 haha

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Usually I get around 1 or 2 wrong in each section, always doubting myself over s1 and s2 haha
omg sameeee, especially for vocab and modality!
How can you only get 1 or 2 wrong in each section AND finish it within 2 hours which is pretty much rushing? That would be the highest ever umat score if you only get 1 wrong in each section and a world record if you do that all within 2 hours.

Which umat papers are you doing this with?

aoc

HSC
How can you only get 1 or 2 wrong in each section AND finish it within 2 hours which is pretty much rushing? That would be the highest ever umat score if you only get 1 wrong in each section and a world record if you do that all within 2 hours.

Same you guys are legit stressing tf out of me lmao and this is my 2nd year attempting UMAT

si2136

HSC
N/A

Prepgenie

aoc

HSC
What percentile did you usually get in medentry? Also any tips to finish the exam in 3 hours?

How many questions in one exam?
At the start i got below 50th percentile but towards the end 70th percentile. I only ever got 85th percentile like twice. And i have no tips to finish the exam in 3 hours since i had guess the last 10 or so questions from lack of time during the real test haha

Mathew587

HSC
Same you guys are legit stressing tf out of me lmao and this is my 2nd year attempting UMAT
hahaha relax relax.
One of the papers I used was the matrix 2014 umat paper that you can find online easily and did that in 1 hr 55 with a 78% and I spent my time going over it again to get a 95%. I don't see how that would be hard considering an HSC paper is around the same time for similar marks. My tutor gave me his drills and stuff and I spent a 4 months trying to do each question in a minute. I found that I could do that with the logic part but the emotional part takes longer just cos of reading.
I've kind of given up now lol for a while and I really don't think putting in too much effort into the UMAT anymore will be good if you have a solid understanding of each qs and the variations and if you've done a few papers.
We're not supposed to study for the UMAT considering that they added it so that people who actually deserve it/ have the right mindset for a doctor etc. become one compared to some well-off kid from a selective school that just goes to tutoring centres and drills the content hard enough to get a high atar.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
hahaha relax relax.
One of the papers I used was the matrix 2014 umat paper that you can find online easily and did that in 1 hr 55 with a 78% and I spent my time going over it again to get a 95%. I don't see how that would be hard considering an HSC paper is around the same time for similar marks. My tutor gave me his drills and stuff and I spent a 4 months trying to do each question in a minute. I found that I could do that with the logic part but the emotional part takes longer just cos of reading.
I've kind of given up now lol for a while and I really don't think putting in too much effort into the UMAT anymore will be good if you have a solid understanding of each qs and the variations and if you've done a few papers.
We're not supposed to study for the UMAT considering that they added it so that people who actually deserve it/ have the right mindset for a doctor etc. become one compared to some well-off kid from a selective school that just goes to tutoring centres and drills the content hard enough to get a high atar.
You can't really compare UMAT to HSC because even the best UMAT people take almost the full time to complete it and 2 hours is crazy fast even with heaps of practice that's an insane time

lustforlife

HSC
You can't really compare UMAT to HSC because even the best UMAT people take almost the full time to complete it and 2 hours is crazy fast even with heaps of practice that's an insane time
lol this lowkey scares me

aoc

HSC
It shouldnt scare you tbh. Almost no one will finish on time (and i know some people who got 100 percentile and didnt finish) and even those who do get 100th percentile still make educated guesses on quite a few questions.

Mathew587

HSC
Yeah I guess what you said is true but nah you can finish a paper in under 3 hours man.

si2136

HSC
N/A
What percentile did you usually get in medentry? Also any tips to finish the exam in 3 hours?

How many questions in one exam?
~95% then, with close to 100 questions on avg

iStudent

HSC
If it's anything to go by, waaay back in 2014 when I did medentry I scored on average, 102/134 but I rarely followed the 3 hour limit - did most the papers in like 4-5 hours because I procrastinated quite significantly haha - and this translated to 95%ile in the real thing.

nire

HSC
yo how are all your raw scores looking like in ME exams ( ?/134) on average. mainly cause the ME percentiles are heavily exaggerated

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)