Anything that you would like? (1 Viewer)

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
Hey OneInAMillion. All you have to do is go over your exercise books for maths and english, look at the topics you have done for year 10 and go over them carefully. And you'll be fine. And since we've got trials coming up (I'm in year 10 too :)), just go to the boardofstudies website and download past School Certificate papers (pdf format). :).

HSC
Suggestion:
I think it would be helpful to future year 10 students to have a section or alot of threads on senior subjects where past/current year 11 and 12 students can post what they like most about the subject, whats the best thing they studied all year, and any things they don't like. This would be helpful to year 10 students to know what to expect if they choose this subject and how much effort is required etc.

Thanks. =]

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
ZEROtheHERO said:
Suggestion:
I think it would be helpful to future year 10 students to have a section or alot of threads on senior subjects where past/current year 11 and 12 students can post what they like most about the subject, whats the best thing they studied all year, and any things they don't like. This would be helpful to year 10 students to know what to expect if they choose this subject and how much effort is required etc.

Thanks. =]
^Supported. It would definitely help us with our subject selections. It's a bit late for the SC 07'ers but it would helpful for the people whom will be selecting their subjects in 2008.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
ZEROtheHERO said:
Suggestion:

Thanks. =]
EXACTLY! You hit the nail right on the head. Could one of the moderators please come up with something like this. It would save soo much more time and might even attract more viewers/users to the site.

Schoey93

HSC
Aquawhite said:
EXACTLY! You hit the nail right on the head. Could one of the moderators please come up with something like this. It would save soo much more time and might even attract more viewers/users to the site.
I AGREE. Hit the nail right on the head! :hammer:

Now, if you don't realise, LYONAMU has already created a thread like this. *Thank you Namu* :D

So. Another suggestion:

*A roll call thread for School Certificate students (Years 9 AND 10), including a roll call thread for elective subjects, e.g. Food Technology, Commerce, IST, Italian, French...the list goes on.*

A thought:

*Educational thread suggesting the MOST INTERESTING :D English texts to read for SC Years 9 & 10 English*

My favourite English text from Year 9 would have to be The Merchant of Venice by You-Know-Who and Scott Monk's Raw would have to be a close second.

James

autumn-angel

HSC
nerdsforever said:
yeah. we need more threads on subject selection advice
there are too many though why cant there be one proper thread instead of each person making their own thread, its getting annoying and confusing.

Schoey93

HSC
Kujah said:
Your new AOS for 2009 is Belonging.
haha awesome AOS and I'm a Yr 11 2010 student so I get to do it ...just imagine the texts we could study for Electives -

Looking For Alibrandi
Saving Francesca
To Kill A Mockingbird - awesome read
and there are heaps more...

While I Live - John Marsden (and other books from Ellie Chronicles or Tomorrow Series)

wow that's awesome, looking forward to reading some great books! :D in 2 years time :sleep:
Just as a side note, if anyone is interested -
Melina Marchetta's books are all fantastic - esp. Saving Francesca and Alibrandi :D

autumn-angel

HSC
Without Wings said:
I've added the ability to choose '2011' and '2012' as HSC Graduation Year within the profiles.

Currently considering the idea of threads for each subject to discuss opinions, maybe within a new subforum under the SC forum.
sounds interesting...

aimhigh10

HSC
Maybe a list of all the textbooks different schools use for different subjects in years 11 and 12? don't know if that is possible but just an idea..

rose100

HSC
glossary of terms. history and geo especially
and maybe some expected questns, that have been repeated in recent years..

HSC
About the computer studies test thing (wow, getting technical here), what are we asked to do?
To be honest, I kind of suck at using computers except for word and powerpoint, and I tend to get a bit angry at the computer when it freezes/refuses to do as I ask... So, is it easy or hard and what are we meant to do for the computer test?

Thanks!

Brontecat

HSC
The Computing Skills test consists of 100 questions ALL in multiple-choice format. All questions are compulsory.
There are 20 questions in each of the five skill areas

-Computer Operations
-Graphics and multimedia skills (Paint & Microsoft Powerpoint)
-Internet and email skills
-Spreadsheet and database skills (Microsoft Excel & Access)
-Word processing skills (Microsoft Word)

Try visiting Online Multiple Choice - Online Multiple Choice At this website you can do multiple choice questions from past exams, it's by far the best way to get a feel for the exam and to understand the type of questions asked.

packon

HSC
yeh hi ive got a 500 word english essa due next week on the novel "boyz R us" b scot monk

and donthave a clue about it can i have some help please

(any ideas)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)