Anything that you would like? (1 Viewer)

jeshxcore

Premium Member :)
HSC
Hmmm
Is anyone willing to teach us how to study for exams.
I'm really bad at preparing for notes, and do you know what is a good way to prepare notes, and how to make your notes detailed but short..
If you get what i mean..
Im pretty bad at revising/writing notes for exams. =|
Half yearlies - week 2 of next term -.-''

Brontecat

HSC
yeh i dunno i guess something different works for everyone try the other pinned thread that has resources - it gives you a pretty good idea of how much ppl learnt for each point and how different people set out stuff differently

ninetypercent

ninety ninety ninety
HSC
Hmmm
Is anyone willing to teach us how to study for exams.
I'm really bad at preparing for notes, and do you know what is a good way to prepare notes, and how to make your notes detailed but short..
If you get what i mean..
Im pretty bad at revising/writing notes for exams. =|
Half yearlies - week 2 of next term -.-''
back in year 10, I had notes 50 pages long. Now I have notes that are around 15 pages long. Shorter notes help you study and revise more effectively.

- Once you start questioning yourself: "Is this too much? Is this needed?" then omit the information you just typed.
- Refer to syllabus dot points. Some schools will extend their students to doing stuff beyond the syllabus, but just keep to the syllabus dot points.
- Write your notes in dot points NOT long paragraphs
- Highlight key words.

How to study? Memorise your notes; the important bits. Then go onto doing textbook questions, without using your notes.

Seriously, chillax in Year 10. :D For me, Year 10 was harder than Year 11 because my school extended us a lot into doing stuff like sin^2@ + cos^2@ = 1 and polynomial curve sketching during Year 10. I studied for it, and it wasn't in the exam! It was hard for me to pick out what was and wasn't going to be in the exam. Do your best in trying to study everything; but don't worry because Year 11 shall be much easier :D

Brontecat

HSC
you learn the detail stuff at school and then you write really extensive notes, then you highlight the most important bits and rewrite them - thus making them shorter. Generally when i do this i keep in mind the ealrier stuff i've studied whilst summarising it smaller

hope that made sense, works for me :)

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Subject Selection Threads and Moderators

I would really like to see a Sticky/Important thread or similar where people can post their queries about their Subject Selections in Year 10...

The Year 10 forums is spammed with a multitude of different threads and it would be much cleaner if people could post them in one place. Others with new queries could just add onto the designated thread :)

I hope it comes to being since it's very hard to get back to so many people who are spread out in numerous threads/posts.

InVinsanity

HSC
Re: Subject Selection Threads and Moderators

Can i have some notes on the poems Somewhere Friendly by Bruce Dawe and Car salesman by Colin theile please.

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Re: Subject Selection Threads and Moderators

Posting all the answers of some(maybe maths, science..not HSIE) of the SC papers would be helpful. the Board of Studies doesnt provide answers for questions apart from the MCQ for free(and standard packages..)
It wouldnt take too long and infact, Im willing to do one next year.
This could later be carried out annually, maybe constituting ALL the SC subjects at a later stage, depending on the effectiveness.

Last edited:

Riot09

HSC
how about solutions,explanations and working out to past papers.(espicially math since its basically my Achilles' heel quite literaly.i do extremely well in all the other subjects,i as
came 1st in history,art and pass this year but proberly 11th-6th this year in math.i know that year 10 isn't the be all end all year and what iv'e gathered from the b.o.s year 11 isn't quite either.but the sc is coming up in a few weeks and my weakness could cloudy up my likely band 5-6 in all the other sc tests with a band 3-4 in math.

so if you have the time the working out and explanations to the 2005,03,02,01 and 2000 would extremely with my sc maths test this year and i'm pretty sure for many other year 10 students for the years to come.

im not expeting any miracles here and this is a very unprecedented order to every extent so i would understand if you refuse,or decline to do this.btw even one test out of those will be very useful indeed thankyou.

and if anyone of you need any help with history or any other subject for year 10 just message me thanx.

HiHaii

HSC
do you guys have samples for the Science Trial School Certificate?
I just want to see how the exam is different from my school's. I haven't done it though but I would like to get an idea of the Trials

HiHaii

HSC
also i think you should make a sticky thread on questions that we want to ask for help. You can split it up to different branches i.e English, Science, Maths.
This can stop the number of threads people are making who request for help.

hul0

HSC
yea please if you guyzz can make a thread where ppl post answers for real sc papers then that wud be gr8 and we can all share different ideas that way and compare answers

and it really wud improve my marks =P

trang8

HSC
hi im having my SC very soon (in one week)
can you please upload more standard packages for 2006, 2007 and 2008 papers online? i need to see the sample anwsers and know what the markers would expect from my papers

i currently really suck in geography extended responses and short responses as well. oh yeah, also science

i guess there is nothing much to study for english so yeah.... maths im not so worried about

thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)