Appearance in a relationship (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
okay. When you're looking for or with a guy/girl (your partner, whatever they may be) do looks really matter to you - be honest here. Okay - so if your partner (potential partner) is not HAWT (according to you/your mates) does that mean you dont associate the two together or you ditch em all together?
Ahh - yes, so anyhow, i was just curious because there just seems to be so much hype regarding appearances these days and it really gives me the bums because i dont give about how i look - but no matter where i turn, there's gotta be someone who breaks down if a single hair is outta place..
Dunoe - just want your opinions on hotness factor .. not hotness/ whatever that you want in a partner - and if they had a great personality, yet weren't all that hot, would you be shy to take em round or even be with them..

.. sorry that made no sense - but still,maybe you can make some sense outta it?!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
okay. When you're looking for or with a guy/girl (your partner, whatever they may be) do looks really matter to you - be honest here. Okay - so if your partner (potential partner) is not HAWT (according to you/your mates) does that mean you dont associate the two together or you ditch em all together?
Ahh - yes, so anyhow, i was just curious because there just seems to be so much hype regarding appearances these days and it really gives me the bums because i dont give about how i look - but no matter where i turn, there's gotta be someone who breaks down if a single hair is outta place..
Dunoe - just want your opinions on hotness factor .. not hotness/ whatever that you want in a partner - and if they had a great personality, yet weren't all that hot, would you be shy to take em round or even be with them..

.. sorry that made no sense - but still,maybe you can make some sense outta it?!
i say yes... in one serious relationship i lost the attraction i had to her... which wasnt benefitial to the relationship haha
but i dont care what my mates think... besides, some have ugly girlfriends and i dont judge or tell them...
i couldnt stay in a relationship if i wasnt attracted to the girl

HSC
N/A
wikiwiki said:
Evolutionary biology suggests its natural to care about appearance: we are looking for the 'good' genes to pass on, so you dont want someone who is ugly. You feel ashamed because you are failing your biological duty to improve the human race.
*sigh* i never thought of it that way
hmm well i suppose i'm not doing much for the human race
excuse me whilst i go hang myself..

HSC
N/A
yes - okay wikiwiki
so honestly would you put personality before looks? like say they were.. drop dead ugly (in your eyes) yet they had the best personality - would you date them?!
see it's difficult - some people would say yes, however, if ever put in that situation they'd cower in a corner in fear. . get what im sayin?
i think public perception is stuffin up today's youth and all of that - so many everyone's rely heavily on what other's think about them y'know.. and if their image (mainly physical) aint good in society's eyes, they get all crappy and all.. tryn to change y'know..
i just think that there's so much pressure on people to look good these days in order to be dated and all - you've gotta admit, acceptance needs to happen all round by the partner and their mates, unless the partner is willing to diss the mates for you - always! (highly doubted)..

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
my gal is cute.. and she sticks by me.. i admire and adore her..

looks play a part.. but as wikiwiki sed.. personality. .
cos after it all u still would lik them to be a good chat if u end up with them :p

atm i think she would care only cos she knos i like feelin good about my appearance.... but shes away..so i look lik an ewok atm

HSC
N/A
+Po1ntDeXt3r+ said:
my gal is cute.. and she sticks by me.. i admire and adore her..

looks play a part.. but as wikiwiki sed.. personality. .
cos after it all u still would lik them to be a good chat if u end up with them :p

atm i think she would care only cos she knos i like feelin good about my appearance.... but shes away..so i look lik an ewok atm
what's an ewok?!
yeah - personally, i wouldnt want my boy to be.. unclean.. however, if he wanted me to overdo it - make up, slutty clothes (nooffence), the walk, ditzy talk round his mates and all of that.. well, we'd be gone..

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
when your first attracted to someone who u havn't met before, your drawn to them usually because initially theres some sort of physical attraction, whether you like their eyes/smile, etc. It dosn't necessarily mean they are goodlooking.
I think there has to be some physical attraction, it dosn't mean they have to be hot but i need to be attracted to them in some way.
I wouldn't care if my friends didn't think he was good looking.. that wouldn't stop me from seeing him.
I wouldn't be shy to be with them or take them out, I wouldn't care what other people think. I'd be more then happy to be with them.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I've said it before in similar threads. You need to have a balance. I would not be interested in a girl I wasn't physically attracted to her but I wouldn't last long with a super hot chick with no personality. After a certain number of roots I would have satisfied my urges and would be sick of her.

aaaman

Banned
HSC
-MuNcHKiN- said:
yes - okay wikiwiki
so honestly would you put personality before looks? like say they were.. drop dead ugly (in your eyes) yet they had the best personality - would you date them?!
see it's difficult - some people would say yes, however, if ever put in that situation they'd cower in a corner in fear. . get what im sayin?
i think public perception is stuffin up today's youth and all of that - so many everyone's rely heavily on what other's think about them y'know.. and if their image (mainly physical) aint good in society's eyes, they get all crappy and all.. tryn to change y'know..
i just think that there's so much pressure on people to look good these days in order to be dated and all - you've gotta admit, acceptance needs to happen all round by the partner and their mates, unless the partner is willing to diss the mates for you - always! (highly doubted)..

the problem wiv that is ppl judge one's personality before they actually know wat it is, it happens 2 me all da tym

Rhi Kate

...!
HSC
I believe looks play a part at first - but looks can be influenced by personality ( if that makes sense lol )
I mean one of my male friends is not what u would call 'hot' but his amazing personality, smile, wicked sense of humor and loyalty makes him so attractive and i am drawn to him ( but i wouldn't date him becasue we r sooooooooo close it seems somewhat weird)

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
Looks deteriorate with age, but a persons character is what makes them beautiful, even in their old age :)

santaslayer

HSC
I would not date a person with great personality, but was drop dead ugly, or vice versa for that matter.
Somewhere in the middle always seems nice. (Although I wouldn't mind dating someone who had both qualities)

Dr_Gorgeous

HSC
Yeah, i understand. I hate it when 'ugly' becomes a marking on someones image. It's hurtful. Random question, does ugly really exist? If someone is ugly to one person then they could be beautiful to another. Oh well, someday my prince will come... :)

Dreamerish*~

Love Addict - Nakashima
HSC
there are always poor people who aren't attractive to anyone. they can't help it though, but poor people :(
and then there are those average-looking people who you might not take a second look at when you see them on the train, but if you get to know them better, they'll grow more beautiful every day until they become, in your eyes, the most beautiful :)
and then there are very beautiful people who you'd stare at but then if they have terrible personalities you would't want anything to do with them...

iamsickofyear12

HSC
Dr_Gorgeous said:
Yeah, i understand. I hate it when 'ugly' becomes a marking on someones image. It's hurtful. Random question, does ugly really exist? If someone is ugly to one person then they could be beautiful to another. Oh well, someday my prince will come... :)
Ugly does exist. There is this chick in one of my tutorials who no guy in the world would find beautiful.

What I have never understood is if a chick is ugly you would think she would attempt to be thin and have a good body because at least there is something there for the guys. But a lot of ugly chicks just let themselves become fat aswell.

waterbottle

your buttcheeks is warm
HSC
attraction is much more important to me than appearance, or being hot. after a couple of weeks hotness (by itself) gets boring.

but i'm lucky cos i have a super-nice boyfriend who is also very pretty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)