Applying in person at Coles, etc (1 Viewer)

Greenoctopus

HSC
If I don't want to wait for the whole online recruitment process, is it worthwhile applying to places like Coles, Bi-lo, etc in person at the specific store I would like to work?
If so, what would I take? Just a resume?

Thanks. I really want a job now.

sarevok

HSC
I tried it but they just tell you to apply online.

It

HSC
just give it a shot i say. part of the reason the whole colemyer system is fucked is cos managers dont use the shitty system and hire people themselves. u never know. the worst thign that can happen is be told to apply online.

theone123

blue essence
HSC
all brands have to rely on colemyer recruitment for their staff, they have phase out applying in store ages ago.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
HINT: Kmart Merrylands take instore applications

Moral of the story: it NEVER hurts to ask.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
the good thing about applying online is that u can automaticly apply to many locations and all the stores that coles myer own, saves time walking around and giving applications.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
but then you never get referred anywhere

some stores go against what they are supposed to do so i suppose you should try, they'll tell you to go online if that's what they want

bring a resume and dress decently

iamsickofyear12

HSC
The online application system is fucking stupid. It would be so much quicker for people looking for part time jobs at a particular store to just do it through the store manager. All I wanted was a nightstocking job, I don't want a fucking career, I don't see what the problem is with individual stores controlling their part time hiring.

ZabZu

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
The online application system is fucking stupid. It would be so much quicker for people looking for part time jobs at a particular store to just do it through the store manager. All I wanted was a nightstocking job, I don't want a fucking career, I don't see what the problem is with individual stores controlling their part time hiring.
I reckon the reason they use the system is because they save each store the job of having to process applications. This results in less people having to administer the recruitment process, decreasing the amount Coles/Woolies spends on employees incomes. The people who have to go through the long and gay process then get refered to stores that way.

In the end the losers are us.

Greenoctopus

HSC
Thanks.
I will try it next week (if not successful in gaining an interview elsewhere beforehand), and let people know.
I am looking in the Armidale area, which is not very highly populated.
It might be different in smaller areas where there wouldn't be that many people applying - it wouldn't take much time to process the applications in the store.

That is what I am hoping. :)

Skeeta

HSC
i'd be quick coz alot of new uni students would be moving in who allll need jobs!

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmm gah ... question: i did a group interview in late november, and was successful. about a week later someone rang and said to come down and see the manager... however i didnt get that job b'cus they needed someone to start straight away, and i was going off to schoolies. lol what im getting at is ... am i still 'in contention' for a job with my successful group interview ?? cus i havnt heard anything from them, and i really need a fuckin job :)

klh

HSC
the thing is, how do you contact the store manager?
do you just ask customer service and ask where they are? i mean he/she isnt sitting or lounging around in the store. i mean asking customer service about jobs, and they tell you to apply online, ive done that. the rpoblem is getting to store manager to see if he/she wants the resume.

ZabZu

HSC
Purp|e said:
hmmm gah ... question: i did a group interview in late november, and was successful. about a week later someone rang and said to come down and see the manager... however i didnt get that job b'cus they needed someone to start straight away, and i was going off to schoolies. lol what im getting at is ... am i still 'in contention' for a job with my successful group interview ?? cus i havnt heard anything from them, and i really need a fuckin job :)
Im in the same position, i passed the group interview and i didnt get the job. Except the thing with me is that the place (Officeworks, Artarmon) who rejected me, now say that they need people. So i called them up and asked whether i could get the job. They said that someone will call me soon, that was almost a month ago. Im avoiding the whole Colesmyer group altogether now, they just screw around with you.

ZabZu

HSC
Panda Bear said:
yeah :(

you gotta keep pushing the managers zabzu... i mean keep phoning them every 1-2 weeks

officeworks is busy
I called Luke twice (once 3.5 weeks ago and again 2.5 weeks ago) and he said someone else will call me. So he cant really do anything but advise the person to call me. He says hes told the person that im still looking for work. I checked if they had my number and they said yes.

Is there still a vacancy in the business machines department Panda?

biggles04

Banned
HSC
N/A
Greenoctopus said:
If I don't want to wait for the whole online recruitment process, is it worthwhile applying to places like Coles, Bi-lo, etc in person at the specific store I would like to work?
If so, what would I take? Just a resume?

Thanks. I really want a job now.
Well, I'm a little late for the topic but it's all pretty much been covered:

*All of Coles Myer's recruitment is done online, no stores can get around it,
*If you have already done the online applications then - yes! Go into your store and talk to the manager! Once you have applied online then they can get you in the system after a long and tiring process.

Unfortunately, patience is the key when it comes to Coles Myer's new "online recruitment."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)