Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (2 Viewers)

HSC
stazi said:
You talked about the uruguayans' problems but failed to mention how screwed up the australian side is atm.
The defence is the only thing thats screwed atm with australia.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Uruguay's problems away from home are much bigger then our defensive woes.

Oh hell, I'll say it, we'll win if we greet 'em with hostility at the airport.

Jimmy_B

HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
Oh hell, I'll say it, we'll win if we greet 'em with hostility at the airport.
you advocate going down to the airport and acting like scumbags? what makes you thing they havent had all the dirty tricks in the book thrown at them when visiting other south american countries?

beat them on the park. don't need to act like neanderthals just because of them.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Hiddink is pretty stupid for over exclaiming that Uruguay will cheat to win in Montevideo

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Jimmy_B said:
you advocate going down to the airport and acting like scumbags? what makes you thing they havent had all the dirty tricks in the book thrown at them when visiting other south american countries?

beat them on the park. don't need to act like neanderthals just because of them.
Hehe it's a good point.

Nevertheless, though, I hear that many members of Sydney FC's "The Cove" will be outside the Novotel at the Homebush Olympic complex (which is supposedly where the Uruguayans are staying), blowing horns and beating drums and whatnot all night.

Something about not letting them get any sleep ..

stazi

Nightman
HSC
now THAT is actually a brilliant idea. Apart from the fact that at 1am the cops will come and stop it. However, still brilliant to do that until the curfew. A tired team is much easier to beat.

!Solskjaer!

HSC
Jimmy_B said:
what makes you thing they havent had all the dirty tricks in the book thrown at them when visiting other south american countries?
Need to be reminded of how many games they've won in recent times in other South American countries when welcomed with the 'dirty tricks'?

Spitting at them, manhandling etc. is totally out of the question when welcoming them at the airport. However, jeering and having 'welcoming' banners on display is not.

Australian fans will be too busy welcoming the Australian team to show too much hostility towards the Uruguayans anyway.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
bazookajoe said:
Hiddink is pretty stupid for over exclaiming that Uruguay will cheat to win in Montevideo
He never said that. Have you been reading the Sunday Telegraph?

aek

Banned
HSC
stazi said:
Worst prediction ever. More realistic would be 1-0;1-1. Uruguay and Australia don't have the ability to score 4 goals in one game (especialyl uruguay away). They would be playing massively deffensive football.
I think you fail to realise Diego Forlan was Golden Boot winner last year along side Henry, and if your saying there going to find trouble scoring against a weak defence then something is wrong.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yes im saying that. 4 total goals in a match will prove difficult. australia has average to good defense. uruguay has good to excellent.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
aek said:
I think you fail to realise Diego Forlan was Golden Boot winner last year along side Henry, and if your saying there going to find trouble scoring against a weak defence then something is wrong.
Forlan is out. Yet I think four goals in a match is a good possibility- look at the Confeds. While it could happen, I believe both teams will be more controlled.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
Uruguay tried to change the time back to 5pm local, due to their chartered flight to Australia being cancelled (and Australia's chartered flight back home obviously still going ahead).

However, the FFA have rejected this, with the kickoff to be 9pm.

This means that Uruguay have to catch a normal flight with Qantas or something over here, and from what I hear, they arrive 36 hours before the match starts.

They'll be buggered. We'll be banging drums and blowing whistles outside their hotel room. They'll be more buggered.

Far out. EVERYTHING is falling Australia's way at the moment .. even Kewell came back for Liverpool on the weekend, set up a goal and nearly scored one.

We better fricken qualify ... :S

stazi

Nightman
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
However, the FFA have rejected this, with the kickoff to be 9pm.

This means that Uruguay have to catch a normal flight with Qantas or something over here, and from what I hear, they arrive 36 hours before the match starts.
no, what this means is that I'll be able to get enough sleep before watching the away game.

aek

Banned
HSC
Argentina VS Uruguay (4-2)

Brazil VS Uruguay (3-3)

Uruguay VS Bolivia (5-0)

And you said Uruguay can't score? However, they take alot of goals aswell ie. Colombia 5 - 0 Uruguay.

aek

Banned
HSC
i'm just saying they're capable of doing it against brazils & argentinas defence. All they need is recoba and forlan on good form and it's bye-bye to australia.

^___^
HSC
aek said:
i'm just saying they're capable of doing it against brazils & argentinas defence. All they need is recoba and forlan on good form and it's bye-bye to australia.
theres nothing special about brazil's defence, statistics do show brazil have a decent defence, but in reality, they are pretty pathetic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)