Australia's qualification to the World Cup (Analysis) (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Whilst I agreed with the $2.60 odds for Australia winning overall 2 weeks ago and the $2.45 odds currently, I'm thinking its more $2.30 to $1.75 now (in my books).
Australia still being the loser

^___^
HSC
stazi said:
Whilst I agreed with the $2.60 odds for Australia winning overall 2 weeks ago and the $2.45 odds currently, I'm thinking its more $2.30 to $1.75 now (in my books).
Australia still being the loser

its hard to say though, given Uruguay is pretty unpredictable at the moment;

the main issues Australia need to address for both legs would be:

- how to defend against south american style attacks (we've shown vulnerability to short passing and struggle to cope with strikers with great technical abilities)
- how to deal with set pieces defensively (recoba is the best in the business)
- how to break down a 9 men defence (2nd leg, i'm sure Uruguay will pack their area with men)

nedzelic

HSC
i bet the urus are pulling a big one with forlan injured
he'll play for sure
one thing i like about hiddink is his secretivenss(is that a word?) - he's like the 'special one' (only not a tosser). i personally have no idea who is going to play in the two legs and what formation we will play, $10 for anyone who posts psoitions and names on here for boh legs and gets it correct - my promise

Also, the 2nd leg could be affetced by the fact taht we have 7 players, i think, on yellows so we could have a few out - i just hope that group doesn't include defenders - specifically neill - cos we are well short there

my prediction for 1st leg is. 4-4-1-1

Schwarzer

Vidmar Twaite Neill Lazaradis

Emerton Grella Cahill Chipperfield

Culina

Viduka

But who knows?

he could go three backs and that would leave thwaite out and include bresciano i beleive. of course skoko and even wilkshire is a chance
harry as a sub i reckon. also aloisi and thommo if we need goals

you just get this feeling that he will play culina though - he is his bitch player

2nd leg, depending on what the fisrt leg score was. say, we lose 2-1

Schwarzer

Vidmar Neill Lazaridis

Emerton Cahill Grella Chipperfield

Culina

Viduka Thomson

But really, i have abosultely no idea

he has played three different formations in three games, has nebver had the full ocntingent of players at his disposla etc. but this is the perfect siuation. i have no idea what he'll do, neither do the journos and therefor neither do los celestes

come on auzzie!

nedzelic

HSC
aek said:
i'm just saying they're capable of doing it against brazils & argentinas defence. All they need is recoba and forlan on good form and it's bye-bye to australia.
no faith
we have as good, if not better individuals than the urus. we can do it, we don't need luck

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
nedzelic said:
i bet the urus are pulling a big one with forlan injured
he'll play for sure
There have already been news reports on TheWorldGame on Sunday afternoon that Forlan's injury "isn't as bad as previously expected", and he is now rated "a strong chance" of playing both legs.

bJ_Bhoy 87

HSC
Forlan will play, but perhaps off the bench.

There are grumblings that Vinnie Grella limped out of training. I think he may have figured in Guus' plans, its hard to say what he'll do.

Paragon

Pleased to Beat You
Circular Quay .... Patriotism + Football.
HSC
bJ_Bhoy 87 said:
Forlan will play, but perhaps off the bench.

There are grumblings that Vinnie Grella limped out of training. I think he may have figured in Guus' plans, its hard to say what he'll do.
Yeah it does throw a spanner in the works but on the bright side (assuming he doesn't end up playing afterall), we've got ample time to groom someone else into the role within the coming days.

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
!Solskjaer! said:
You know what? A fairytale final minute goal is the best chance Australia has. So it HAS to happen. It WILL happen.

Come onnn...Everything's working out so well...it's the perfect set-up to qualify...We will....

I don't want to have to mention Greece's Euro fairytale...
you now sound like a pessimist...

HSC
Uruguay are thinking ahead - because of all the confusion regarding the time and possible not getting a flight there are sending some of the suspended players to Australia early. This plus the fact that they have announced a squad of 27 or so players means it will be hard to sleep before Sunday.

So many unknowns yet to be known. :rolleyes:

nedzelic

HSC
forlan is not in the starting line up released by forsatti
dario silva instead
they could still be pulling a prank, but in any case they have other players to watch beside forlan

swisstruffles

HSC
they're gonna make a decision on the time thingy within the next 24 hrs...fifa said that the decision wont disadvantage aust...damn we couldnt even pull all these dirty tricks if we TRIED man..

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
nedzelic said:
forlan is not in the starting line up released by forsatti
dario silva instead
they could still be pulling a prank, but in any case they have other players to watch beside forlan
Assume that he is right to play. After a week and a bit of press saying he has no chance to play, you reckon he would be named in the squad three days early?

Forlan, Morales (HATE this guy), Zalayeta, Silva (HATE this guy), Recoba .. the list continues. A good team.

swisstruffles said:
they're gonna make a decision on the time thingy within the next 24 hrs...fifa said that the decision wont disadvantage aust...damn we couldnt even pull all these dirty tricks if we TRIED man..
Like Damo said last night, if Australia tried to do it, they'd laugh and hangup the phone.

CONMEBOL is a bitch. Can't wait to join Asia.

And I know that will be just as tough to make the WC. But just so we can rid ourselves of the dirty South American politics that continually perpetuates from that region.

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
AND FUCKEN FIFA HAVE CHANGED THE TIME.

It is going to start at 6pm local time.

7am here in Sydney ..

FOR FUCKS SAKE FIFA IS ONE GIANT FUCKTARD.

This is biased, it is favouring one team over another! How much did Uruguay pay these dickheads ?!

I'm going to send them an email right now.

You should all send the dicks at FIFA one as well.

datainfo@fifa.org

Or contact@fifa.org

FUCKERS

stazi

Nightman
HSC
DRAGONZ said:
AND FUCKEN FIFA HAVE CHANGED THE TIME.

It is going to start at 6pm local time.

7am here in Sydney ..

FOR FUCKS SAKE FIFA IS ONE GIANT FUCKTARD.

This is biased, it is favouring one team over another! How much did Uruguay pay these dickheads ?!

I'm going to send them an email right now.

You should all send the dicks at FIFA one as well.

datainfo@fifa.org

Or contact@fifa.org

FUCKERS
Oh fucking hell :( Have to get up early 3 days in a row. Fuck!
But how does this benefit Urugay?

DRAGONZ

You've Got A Friend
HSC
stazi said:
But how does this benefit Urugay?
Supposedly, the three extra hours mean that they can catch a flight to Australia straight away or something .. and be here a day earlier?

Not exactly sure as to the mechanics of all that. It's mostly mind games more than anything, though.

What I'm just really upset about is that FIFA's slogan is 'Fair Play', but they are hardly living up to it.

Apart from tearing up their promise to give Oceania a qualifying spot, they have now tried to do anything and everything possible to benefit Uruguay.

So, in essence, it's not the time change that I'm upset about, but the fact that FIFA is unfairly treating Oceania and CONMEBOL .. it's not hard to see who gets the rough end of the bargain.

swisstruffles

HSC
RanyofuKenyan? said:
The South American delegates within FIFA just have too much power.
guess the ppl with the numbers have the power..and i guess sth americans have always been the big names..

so does this time change mean the aussies have to change their travel plans?? or is it that they have a few hrs to wait for their plane..

when urugray made it 9pm, hoping we wouldnt be able to find a plane back, we should have kicked up a fuss about it to FIFA then...seems they're always making the fuss and we're copping it on the chin..why cant they just be adult like about it all...lets hope we can create a similar like atmosphere when they get over here and see how it feels when the screaming is from the other side...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)