Autumn Results 2006 (1 Viewer)

klh

HSC
hi everyone, I actually forgot it was today! silly me, but the news is good for me, all C's for IHRM, Int Mgmt, Power, politics & Knowledge and Remuneration Theory and Prac. Phew! GPA stays still at 5.0
I am so happy I could sing...er maybe not.
Congrats to all, and If you didnt pass, condolences.

tubtub

HSC
yeah, i did really bad

Last edited:

Optophobia

HSC
I don't understand this,
Accessing your results through PlatformWeb
Login to system
Username = (8 digit) student identification number.
Password = Is your MyUWSAccount password. If you have not activated this account you will need to do so at https://myuwsaccount.uws.edu.au/
Select "Results" at the top left part of the screen.
There is no 'results' at the top of the screen?

Meh, anyway, from Pweb, i got:
Course GPA 5.250

Unit Id Unit Description Mark Grade
78 DISTINCTION
69 CREDIT
70 CREDIT
67 CREDIT
... oh right, and this from the university of Canberra explains it a bit more i think:
Grade Grade Score
HD 7
DI 6
CR 5
P 4
PX (or P*) 3
NW, NX, NC, NS, NN 0

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
wtf ... I think something is wrong with my marks. Grr ...

Research methods for sustainable tourism in practice - 82.
Environmental Risk Management - 50
Environmental Planning - 56
Environmental Health Law - Fail.

hmm ... Theres no way in hell I could have got a distinction. Cause I have to re-submit the final assignment still.

Oh well, 5 subjects next semester :(

gedddy

HSC
my condolences to those who failed Intro to Business Law.

Statistics for Business 87 HD
Introductory Economics 71 C
Accounting Reports and Decisions 78 D
Introduction to Business Law 60 P

Led-Zep

Virtuoso
HSC
Quote:
Cape, "Oh well, 5 subjects next semester"..

just wondering on this comment, i failed a subject 1st year, and have already selected my subjects for spring session, is it possible to redo the one that i have failed. It is running during spring session, so who do i ask if i can do that, even tho i have selected all my subjects.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Led-Zep said:
Quote:
Cape, "Oh well, 5 subjects next semester"..

just wondering on this comment, i failed a subject 1st year, and have already selected my subjects for spring session, is it possible to redo the one that i have failed. It is running during spring session, so who do i ask if i can do that, even tho i have selected all my subjects.
You will need to ask your course - co ordinator if you can do 5 subjects next semester. They'll sign the program variation form which has a section down the bottom that is needed to be signed if you are doing more than 4 subjects.

Jacks

HSC
Cape said:
wtf ... I think something is wrong with my marks. Grr ...

Research methods for sustainable tourism in practice - 82.
Environmental Risk Management - 50
Environmental Planning - 56
Environmental Health Law - Fail.

hmm ... Theres no way in hell I could have got a distinction. Cause I have to re-submit the final assignment still.

Oh well, 5 subjects next semester :(
I often think that someone is typing my marks into the computer wrong or something...I got ripped off one mark one semester but I didn't bother about getting it changed because it didn't change the mark bracket. How do we get that checked? As in not the mark specifically, but that it was entered correctly?

L

LaraB

Jacks said:
I often think that someone is typing my marks into the computer wrong or something...I got ripped off one mark one semester but I didn't bother about getting it changed because it didn't change the mark bracket. How do we get that checked? As in not the mark specifically, but that it was entered correctly?
Lol i've had some change on me! Last semester i got i think 83 or 84 can't remember which for Law Foundation.. coz i printed out the results page when i was at work coz my boss wanted to see..

then... a few weeks later... i go back to pweb and it's 82 :(

And then 1st semester last year... i had the same thing happen except i was happy lol coz my Torts mark was 65 and went up to 67..

Since then i've always been worried lol especially when i'm on borderline marks eg 75.. 85.. coz i dunno if it's a mistake or just an admin stuff up or anything like that...

They should mail out the results sheet like they used to...

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
But I don't deserve 82!! Thats the thing. It doesn't work out.

1st assignment: P.
2nd assignment: P-
3rd assignment: resubmit, which is due next monday.

That doesn't equal 82!

Unless scaling went through the roof, but I doubt thats the case. Human error then?

btw ... Jacks, nice to see you back again :)

L

LaraB

lol just keep quiet about it :p might make up for other times when uni/admin/lecturers whatever have stuffed you around lol :)

Jacks

HSC
Cape said:
But I don't deserve 82!! Thats the thing. It doesn't work out.

btw ... Jacks, nice to see you back again :)
Thanks Cape! I'd have no problem if they gave me a few (or a lot) of extra marks, I just don't want to be ripped off haha. I want to do honours next year, so every mark could count. I just hope if my marks change that they don't fall into lower mark brackets, that would be evil for my GPA ;)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
If the marks drop 20 or 30 marks, I'll know its a human mistake :(

I'll just leave it for now. If it doesn't get changed, well, I won't be complaining, if it does, well, theres nothing I can do about it.

I suspect that they might notice when I submit the assignment, and they redo the marks :p

Angel45

HSC
I wish we got our exams back...

for a number of reasons...

most law exams are essentially similar format so it'd be good to see where ur going right/wrong coz it's done in a diff. environment to assignments...

they're subjects related to what we wanna do presumably in our career so it'd be nice to know if what we wrote is wrong or right...

law exams r worth a lot generally so u know, be nice to know why we got the mark we did coz it contributes a lot to our overall mark

it doesn't have to have comments everywhere even... just the exam and a ticked off criteria sheet or something...they must use something to mark it to begin with!!

Also, it's annoying when u hand in assignments before end of semester and incl. a postage thing and they neva send it back... like 5 weeks after...or like one subject I had a 70% journal which they have had heaps of time to mark.. they should notify u of the mark b4 the finals results r out I reckon...same for like marks not marked on an assignment perse, like participation or 'professionalism' and so forth. Just so we have a break down of our marks...

anywho, just my opinion on what would make a better marking system! haha

congrats everyone!

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
They don't mail our results? From where do we get an official copy, then? :confused:
there was notices and stuff about it somewhere... just can't remember where atm..

But you don't get an official copy automatically. If you need one you can request one from the student centre. But otherwise, Pweb is your 'copy'.

You shouldn't really need an official copy though yet except for maybe a job interview or something in which case - go in to the student centre or d/l the form off the website :)

hYperTrOphY

HSC
LaraB said:
there was notices and stuff about it somewhere... just can't remember where atm..

But you don't get an official copy automatically. If you need one you can request one from the student centre. But otherwise, Pweb is your 'copy'.

You shouldn't really need an official copy though yet except for maybe a job interview or something in which case - go in to the student centre or d/l the form off the website :)
Oh okay. So do we get some kind of transcript when we complete the degree which has all of our marks for all the units we've done?

Jonathan A

HSC
Well I am happy:

Contracts HD
Constitutional Law D
Policing in Australia D
Social Research Methods HD

I am contemplating on an appeal for Policing though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)