• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

B Business B computing (1 Viewer)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
haha judging from your structure and information given, ill be surprised if they dont offer you a spot, and a very good reason as well.
you should get in relatively easy though

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
depends what you write about that fail youve got

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
well yeah I was really sick, I have a doc's certificate and stuff, I'll start it in like 10 minutes. Should be alright, I have a valid excuse. Lol, I was THAT sick once, so I walked 8km back home from the station to my home so I could lie in my bed lol... Took me two hours. :-/

urmom

HSC
I'm doing B Bus B Comp right now in 2nd year and I'm considering maybe changing to the new version of our degree B Bus B ScIT cos I'm thinking doing a major would be more useful then just doing a submajor and extra cores for B Comp part.

Does anyone know if theres any difference though, like lots of people just say that it wont matter to employers (course coordinator said so too) but are they just saying that cos it's too much bother for them to change me or is it actually true?

I'm doing a submajor in IT, and am considering changing to do the Business Information Systems Management if it's worthwhile, although I have to do an extra semester to catch up.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
I too am in the same situation. I am also considering the transfer to BBus/BScIT. The sole reason being the better choice of majors too.

I cannot say if the transfer would matter to employers. The subjects we are currently doing are always changing according to the changes in the industry and I think FIT does a great job doing this.

I had a friend who transferred mid-year and he said it was quite a bother for them to transfer him to the new degree. It involved alot of e-requests to meet the requirements of the new course. He did it through Jim Underwood who is the BScIT course director.

I would decide against it if it required me to take an extra semester to complete. But in my situation- I think I can finish my degree in the standard structure. I'm not sure about your situation- but for example, I was actually in BScIT and learnt Java whereas BBus/BComp students normally would have taken VB- which does not meet the requirements of the new course.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)