B Business (1 Viewer)

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
In simple terms, a UAI is NO indication of how good a course is, so everyone needs to stop thinking that! The BBusiness single degree is more popular than the BBusiness/BComputing, hence the higher UAI. There was also a lot of places this year in the BBus/BComp (compared to other combined degrees). I mean there was 3 times as many places in 2005 as there was in 2004, and yet the UAI only fell 2 points, so its a good indication that the course is quite popular still.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
my friends who do business/computing say that it's the degree for people who want to do business but can't.

yeah well it doesnt look bad, u gain more skill then those doing only business. computing is very important in any job.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
i was reading in the UAC guide.. the Ba. Business/Computing (84uai) is only recognised by the Aust. Computer Society... so... if i do this course.. i won't be able to become a chartered accountant ? :(

it rose 1 uai from last year didnt it ?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
If you do the Accounting major in any of the Business combined degrees then you will be eligible to undertake the CPA and/or CA program.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
oh.. cos in the uac guide it doesnt say that this course is recognised by the CPA or CA...

i really wanna do this now :D~

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
its probably better to go to the sourse (i.e CA or CPA) to see the criteria

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
oh ok.. the ICAA doesn't have the Ba. Business/Ba. Computing as an accredited course.. :(

now i gota try hard to get my 91 uai for Business.. oh no.

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
The BBusiness is accredited by both the ICAA and CPA Australia. They don't list combined degrees on their site because there are too many. The Accounting major in both the single and combined degrees are the same and they are both accredited on the same level.

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
hmmm... what you say sounds right.. :p

ima call up the ICAA and ask just in case... do you know if cadetships will allow me to study a 4 year degree ? because i've currently got a cadetship offer with one of the big 4..

i guess i'll just ring them too !

thanks mr. jase ! :D

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
im still worried.. :p from the UTS course book..

Ba. Business:

The Bachelor of Business with an Accounting major meets the formal educational requirements for membership of the CPA Australia, and the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.

Students should note that CPA Australia will not, in principle, accept Conceded Passes in subjects required by them. However, CPA Australia will now accept a Conceded Pass in a first- or second-year subject, provided that a further subject in the same subject area has been passed. Further information can be obtained from CPA Australia.

Ba. Business / Ba. Computing:

Students who complete the Accounting major may be eligible for membership of CPA Australia and/or The Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia.

Students should consult the Faculty of Business for details of specific eligibility requirements.

why do they say different things? >_<" especially that word.. MAY :p

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
They haven't updated it yet. I'm telling you that I'm fairly sure it is. Put it this way, both ICAA and CPA Australia don't care what degree you do, as long as you meet the subjects listed on their website. If you compare the list of subjects listed on the website with the ones you do in the combined degree (which is the same as the single degree), then you'll notice its the same.

Some degrees miss out on one or two subjects for the Accounting major, so they let you take these extra subjects somewhere else. My point is that, if you cover all the subjects, you should be eligible.

a_person86

HSC
Many people just use the double degree B.Business/B.Computing as a pathway to the single degree B.Business. If you do the double degree and major in accounting you will be accrediated by CA and CPA (CA is better).

With the person that mentioned the cadetship, Im currently undertaking one at the moment, can i ask where you have been accepted? Few people at my firm are doing double degrees in law and arts, which are still here. They dont mind just as long as it doesnt affect your work patterns dramatically.

pizzaman57

Insert Custom Title Here
HSC
SashatheMan said:
i wonder if the uai for BbusBcomp will rise this year
prob will rise, everyone's gonna see it as a quick way to get into B Business and zing! up it goes...

boasboy said:
i was reading in the UAC guide.. the Ba. Business/Computing (84uai) is only recognised by the Aust. Computer Society... so... if i do this course.. i won't be able to become a chartered accountant ? :(

it rose 1 uai from last year didnt it ?
it actually went down from 2004 (86.3) to 2005 (84.?)...
this was from a combination of course popularity and government makin more spaces...

boasboy

MUSTARD*
HSC
a_person86 said:
Many people just use the double degree B.Business/B.Computing as a pathway to the single degree B.Business. If you do the double degree and major in accounting you will be accrediated by CA and CPA (CA is better).

With the person that mentioned the cadetship, Im currently undertaking one at the moment, can i ask where you have been accepted? Few people at my firm are doing double degrees in law and arts, which are still here. They dont mind just as long as it doesnt affect your work patterns dramatically.
I got accepted at KPMG in the Information Risk Management Division. I was considering the double degree with Computing because the division that I was accepted into is based on auditing Information Systems and stuff like that.

I will ring them soon... which firm are you working at ?

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
Ooh, thats the area I'm currently applying for as part of the summer vacation program (IRM).

jokay22

HSC
N/A
a_person86 said:
If you do the double degree and major in accounting you will be accrediated by CA and CPA (CA is better)
Why CA is better than CPA?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)