B.Commerce/B.Laws: Transferring, WAM and employment opportunities (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

srsly I already friggin know I am having problems with my study and I TOLD YOU ITS BECAUSE OF PERSONAL REASONS. I DONT NEED SOME FRIGGIN COUNSELLING OR JACK IM FINE NOW.

I just want to know which path is better for me

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Out of these degrees and grades accordingly, which one would be more employable?

Out of these degrees and grades accordingly, which one would be more employable?

B.economics (economics,finance) USYD - credit average

B.commerce/B.laws (finance) - pass average.

I want direct answers.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Out of these degrees and grades accordingly, which one would be more employable?

Credit average.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
Re: Out of these degrees and grades accordingly, which one would be more employable?

Employable in what field?

At McDonalds, your a bit overqualified.
In a law firm, it would make a difference...

enoilgam

HSC
Re: Please understand my dire situation (ALL FAIL) and HELP ME CHOOSE FROM MY OPTIONS

srsly I already friggin know I am having problems with my study and I TOLD YOU ITS BECAUSE OF PERSONAL REASONS. I DONT NEED SOME FRIGGIN COUNSELLING OR JACK IM FINE NOW.

I dont think we can help you (to be honest, no one can).

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

B.economics (economics,finance) USYD - credit average

B.commerce/B.laws (finance) - pass average.

I want direct answers.
But now you've got your direct answers, understand that there's no mandatory reason you could only get a Pass average if you switched. You could end up with Ds or HDs across the board for all you know at this stage.

Safraaz

HSC
Uni Grad

Maybe you don't like economics and thats one of the reasons to why you aren't doing so well! Maybe try combining economics with something that you are passionate about!
But I would recommend that you transfer for a new start as it would yeild a better outcome for you. Tbh, I don't really like Business, but doing it with Information Technology makes it more enjoyable and less stressful I guess!
So are you passionate about law? Is it something that you want to do?

Last edited:

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I highly recommend not raging at people when they're trying to help.

1. Transferring won't mean better marks.
2. Transferring to a harder course is a bad idea if you're doing it for prestige.
3. You may not be ready for university studies and you might benefit from a gap year or two.

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Credit average.
Credit average at usyd economics would be more employable???
I heard that a credit average in economics degree would get you pretty much NOWHERE. So you are saying that a commerce/law degree (pass) at macq is even WORSE THAN THAT???? wow?

Also what would be the case of

commerce/law UMACQ - credit average vs economics degree USYD distinction average??

Whats the main reason that b.eco is winning?? is it cuz of the university? how usyd is more better than macquarie?? cuz right now thats the only reason I can find since comm/law degree is much harder and much more longer to graduate with..

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

Credit average at usyd economics would be more employable???
I heard that a credit average in economics degree would get you pretty much NOWHERE. So you are saying that a commerce/law degree (pass) at macq is even WORSE THAN THAT???? wow?

Also what would be the case of

commerce/law UMACQ - credit average vs economics degree USYD distinction average??

Whats the main reason that b.eco is winning?? is it cuz of the university? how usyd is more better than macquarie?? cuz right now thats the only reason I can find since comm/law degree is much harder and much more longer to graduate with..
Because a credit average is the de facto minimum when looking for work.

-may-cat-

Tired Member
HSC

On the contrary, if these personal problems caused you to fail every single unit this semester i find it hard to believe that they are just going to 'go away' as soon as you transfer. Failing all of your units is actually quite hard to do, there has to be something pretty wrong.

Seeking help doesn't necessarily mean emotional counseling, i'm pretty sure izzy88 (who if memory serves has experience with both MQ and USYD..?) was referring to academic counseling. This sort of academic support is there to help you re-focus your attitude and efforts towards your coursework. Using these services shouldn't be seen as a sign of weakness, but rather a pro-active move to get your studies back on track.

Last edited:

sghguos

HSC
N/A

Because a credit average is the de facto minimum when looking for work.
like i said, wbt

distinction b.eco usyd vs credit average b.comm/law macq what would have better employability, ceteris paribus

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

like i said, wbt

distinction b.eco usyd vs credit average b.comm/law macq what would have better employability, ceteris paribus
Depends on what you want to get into.

RishBonjour

HSC

like i said, wbt

lol. you're not going to get a distinction in b.eco. You don't need that amount of study to get a HD in eco, and you're failing. Mate, TAFE is the only option.

lordfraction

HSC
Uni Grad

what sort of commerce related jobs are offered after tafe?

sghguos

HSC
N/A

macquarie bank, big4, corp finance.

is where id want to get into ozko.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

macquarie bank, big4, corp finance.

is where id want to get into ozko.
Distinction average Econ

sghguos

HSC
N/A

What job can I get with a pass average with a b.comm(finance)/b.laws at macq.

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad

What job can I get with a pass average with a b.comm(finance)/b.laws at macq.
Probably work in very small firms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)