BAcc 2014 Intake (1 Viewer)

Dark_End4

HSC
I struggled mainly because I didn't mention what I had initially prepared to talk about, but overall the interview is very conversational and casual. I don't think I can tell you the exact questions they asked of me, but the general structure was from talking about your activities to more about yourself. I just got very nervous beforehand and had a mind blank, but you'll be fine good luck! When is your interview?
I'm sorry, what did you mean by your first sentence? You struggled because of what...?

I am flying to Sydney for my interview tomorrow and I think I am fairly well prepared so I hope can control my nerves.

btw, who was in your panel?

Thanks for the info and good luck in your selection :)

Carriers

HSC
I'm sorry, what did you mean by your first sentence? You struggled because of what...?

I am flying to Sydney for my interview tomorrow and I think I am fairly well prepared so I hope can control my nerves.

btw, who was in your panel?

Thanks for the info and good luck in your selection :)
I mean for one of the questions they asked me, instead of giving the answer I prepared, I forgot about that and gave another answer that I don't think addressed what they were looking for. Sorry to be so vague but as a tip be prepared to talk about yourself, especially in relation to the five points they listed in the prospective students information booklet.

I had a rep from two different company sponsors. Other people I asked also just had company sponsors who are graduates of the program.

It's good you're so prepared! And yea don't worry about getting nervous because it's honestly so casual I didn't even feel like it lasted 30 minutes.

Dark_End4

HSC
I mean for one of the questions they asked me, instead of giving the answer I prepared, I forgot about that and gave another answer that I don't think addressed what they were looking for. Sorry to be so vague but as a tip be prepared to talk about yourself, especially in relation to the five points they listed in the prospective students information booklet.

I had a rep from two different company sponsors. Other people I asked also just had company sponsors who are graduates of the program.

It's good you're so prepared! And yea don't worry about getting nervous because it's honestly so casual I didn't even feel like it lasted 30 minutes.
Thank you, and everyone else on BOS for helping out! I am glad I found BOS and its community because they proved to be so helpful.

I'll let everyone know how my interview went tomorrow :)

HSC
I had the interview last Friday and I didn't even get asked a problem solving question, it all depends on your interviewers :)

Dark_End4

HSC
I had the interview last Friday and I didn't even get asked a problem solving question, it all depends on your interviewers :)
That's interesting. I think there are two different things that could have happened. Either they thought you didn't need it because you did really good in all the other areas or convinced them that you were accadmically capable based on the intelligent answers you provided. Or (most likely) they asked you behavioural questions which aren't really "problem solving questions" but in essence they cover the same skill of thinking under pressure to provide an answer.

Anyway, good luck with your selection. :)

Examine

same
HSC
I had my interview today and all the BAcc students were really nice. One of the questions the interviewers asked me was heaps weird though hahah :spin:

Last edited:

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
How did the interview go dark_end?

And how was the interview Examine? Any description of the question haha, making me curious!!

Examine

same
HSC

And how was the interview Examine? Any description of the question haha, making me curious!!
I'm not too sure if I can give specifics

No problems! =)

What I've learnt from hearing what other people were asked and browsing through these forums myself before my own interview was that they can just about ask anything !
But this is definitely true hahah

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
That's interesting. I think there are two different things that could have happened. Either they thought you didn't need it because you did really good in all the other areas or convinced them that you were accadmically capable based on the intelligent answers you provided. Or (most likely) they asked you behavioural questions which aren't really "problem solving questions" but in essence they cover the same skill of thinking under pressure to provide an answer.

I'm going to go with the I bet you didn't realise they asked you a problem solving question :)

HSC

I'm going to go with the I bet you didn't realise they asked you a problem solving question :)
ahaha I doubt it! I think they just didn't have time LOL

Examine

same
HSC
ps. Apart from Examine, who else did interviews today?
Dark_End had his as well. Funny story about that. When we were walking towards the interview room I struck a conversation with a random person and it ended up being him LOL

Last edited:

Examine

same
HSC

I realised I didn't answer your question hahah. Well most of the questions I had were pretty stock standard and I thought the interview went well. The only question which I found a bit unusual was that particular one.

Last edited:

Dark_End4

HSC
Hey everyone! Lol, such a coincidence I met Examine. :)

But yeah, I had two panelists who were both from sponser organisations. One was from Commonwealth Bank and the other was from TNT. Both of them were from really high positions in their respected fields. I was like "wow" when they told me about their positions. haha
In my opinion my interview went pretty well. I answered all questions effectively and efficiently.

@Chronost, some of the the questions were specific behaviural questions. Some of them were random which wern't problem solving by nature but because they were highly unexpected they could be said to be problem solving under pressure, and some of them were about my own activities and how/what I have learnt from them basically.

All in all, even if I don't get accepted it was a good experience. :D

Good luck to everyone in your selection!

Last edited:

Dark_End4

HSC
Hey everyone! Lol, such a coincidence I met Examine. :)

But yeah, I had two panelists who were both from sponser organisations. One was from Commonwealth Bank and the other was from TNT. Both of them were from really high positions in their respected fields. I was like "wow" when they told me about their positions. haha
In my opinion my interview went pretty well. I answered all questions effectively and efficiently.

@Chronost, some of the the questions were specific behaviural questions. Some of them were random which wern't problem solving by nature but because they were highly unexpected they could be said to be problem solving under pressure, and some of them were about my own activities and how/what I have learnt from them basically.

All in all, even if I don't get accepted it was a good experience. :D

Good luck to everyone in your selection!
Hey everyone!

I got a followup email from UTS saying that I am in their reserve list of getting into their BAcc course with a good chance of 50-75% of getting an offer into their couse! I think I am pretty happy with the result. How did everyone else go?

alanzheng

HSC
Hey everyone!

I got a followup email from UTS saying that I am in their reserve list of getting into their BAcc course with a good chance of 50-75% of getting an offer into their couse! I think I am pretty happy with the result. How did everyone else go?
same i got reserve list :) do you know how many people got reserve list?

Dark_End4

HSC
same i got reserve list :) do you know how many people got reserve list?
Congratulations! :D

I am not sure how many would have gotten into the reserve list but I would expect (and hope) that it would be a small select group considering that they claim that you have a "good chance (50-75%)" of getting a offer at the end.

Dark_End4

HSC
Isn't there more than one reserve list depending on prospects? *shrugs*
That's a good point. It could be that people of different rankings in the reserve list could be sent different emails.

In my email it says:

"Considering your ranking, and in the light of our experience in previous years, I would judge that you have a good chance (between 50% and 75%) of receiving an offer then."

I think this particular line could differ from person to person. Can other people in the reserve list please comment on what your email said?

Thanks

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
Unfortunately I didn't make it onto the reserve list. BTW seremify007, are you JC?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)