BAcc 2014 Intake (2 Viewers)

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
Thank you :)

My friend made it onto the reserve list and he got the 50-75% line.

Speaking to previous Baccs who were on the reserve list, I was told that they also got the 50-75% line.

If anyone with insider knowledge can correct me, then I would assume that there would only be one reserve list (for round 1) which will be competing against those applying in round 2 (November interviews). From there, I think that a final reserve list will be drawn up from which positions will open up depending on the number of applicants that accept or do not accept.

My assumption is based on inference and may not be accurate at all. Hope my theory does shed some light on possible outcomes!

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
My interview was on 9th. I had the 10.30 session with representatives from PwC and Westpac.

alanzheng

HSC
That's a good point. It could be that people of different rankings in the reserve list could be sent different emails.

In my email it says:

"Considering your ranking, and in the light of our experience in previous years, I would judge that you have a good chance (between 50% and 75%) of receiving an offer then."

I think this particular line could differ from person to person. Can other people in the reserve list please comment on what your email said?

Thanks
mine had 50%-75% as well i think since many choose cadetships so reserves have a good chance

kerowillyam

HSC
N/A
I would agree. Don't forget about the UNSW Co-Op program. I know of someone that chose the offer by UNSW over UTS. I guess it is really up to the individual whether they prefer UNSW or UTS.

zaczaczac

HSC
Is it still worth applying for UNSW with a UTS offer?

Also, anyone have any advice on which sponsors of the UTS program would be best to work with? (sort of getting ahead of myself but like better to go for a big bank vs a smaller company?)

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Thank you :)

My friend made it onto the reserve list and he got the 50-75% line.

Speaking to previous Baccs who were on the reserve list, I was told that they also got the 50-75% line.

If anyone with insider knowledge can correct me, then I would assume that there would only be one reserve list (for round 1) which will be competing against those applying in round 2 (November interviews). From there, I think that a final reserve list will be drawn up from which positions will open up depending on the number of applicants that accept or do not accept.

My assumption is based on inference and may not be accurate at all. Hope my theory does shed some light on possible outcomes!
How do you apply in round 2?

Drifting95

Should i change my DP?
HSC
Just check the UTS BAcc website all the information on how to apply is on there :)
Yeah i checked, all it says is "Round 2 is for applicants who are considering Bachelor of Accounting as a course preference after the close of on-time UAC applications. Be aware that places for Round 2 applicants will be limited."

Will the dates to send it the application be given at a later date? etc

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
I think you have to put it on your UAC preferences, and then either also apply manually later on, or they send you an email/mail.

Yeah i checked, all it says is "Round 2 is for applicants who are considering Bachelor of Accounting as a course preference after the close of on-time UAC applications. Be aware that places for Round 2 applicants will be limited."

zaczaczac

HSC

Yeh the applications for round 2 haven't opened yet, so that's why there's no option for it.
And you get interviewed in like....November-ish? Even some round 1 applicants are interviewed during that period.

zaczaczac

HSC
Anyone else having trouble with the online enrolment? Says that there are no subjects to enrol in.....

zaczaczac

HSC
Shows the same thing with the box unchecked. Just wondering if it's actually not available yet, or a problem with my internet/how I enrolled etc

sirable1

HSC
Uni Grad
Not sure what's going on. I'll just wait for a while - say a couple of hours. If it doesn't work for the day I'll suggest calling them up, even calling them now wouldn't hurt. Could be a database problem for commencing students.

Continuing students is working fine at the moment. Screen Shot 2014-01-03 at 9.57.33 am.jpg

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)