Bach of IT callbacks (1 Viewer)

nanabite

HSC
Damn.. I was in the last group. Seems they got bored of doing everything over and over again and become complacent with us. We got flash animations for entertainment (Uni Students + Presentation Equipment + Internet = Well.. rather boring entertainment)

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
nanabite said:
Damn.. I was in the last group. Seems they got bored of doing everything over and over again and become complacent with us. We got flash animations for entertainment (Uni Students + Presentation Equipment + Internet = Well.. rather boring entertainment)
Ah that was the same group as me then... we were basically locked in that 'holding' room. What time was your actual interview? I was in the 3rd session at 3:30pm, and when I got upstairs there was a bloke still waiting for the 1st session (2:15pm) to finish.

Last edited:

nanabite

HSC
I was also in the 3rd session.. the bloke from the 1st session I believe was my mate, Daniel. He didn't finish until after me :D

finalfate

the 2nd group's err... "entertainment" (ie. flash animations) werent boring at all! the arnold schwazerneger (sorry bout the spelling) voice parodies were hilarious!

my interview wasnt really chatty, it was more business like (i got EDS for my sponsor interviewer)

m1nx

HSC
here here :)
it went straight to my junk email folder tho, but yay for checking that!

i guess the formal/interview combo worked out alright:
stopped drinking at bout 5:30AM, got back/fell asleep for 1/2 an hour, shoved on makeup to make it look like i hadn't just done all of that, made it by 9AM, then sat through the briefing where i caught vague snippets of stuff... and then had my actual interview at 12! which at least gave me a bit of time to clear my head a bit haha

Antimatter

HSC
I got an email too, saying i was still eligible, but it didnt say anything about a UAI of 94 that i could see????

Oh and congrats to the others that have been accepted!

Last edited:

davidgock

HSC
N/A
yeah, i didnt get that uai of 94 thing either.. you guys must have done better than us or something.. did anyone NOT get past the interview stage? i was in the friday arvo group i think, the very last one..

Antimatter

HSC
Yeah i was in the friday 1:15pm session also. Dunno about the UAI 94 business, but hey, no matter.

aditya

HSC
oh really... that sucks i got no chacne of getting 94 uai :| i got the ok u passed we wait for ur uai.. thats just great...

anna44

HSC
hey guys don't stress too much about the UAI.. i got in this year and only got 92ish.. you will just have to wait and see.. if they like you enough they will take you..

quesera

HSC
hi everyone

sounds like there were a lot of ppl in the arvo sessions. the "entertainment" was damn good. whats more fun than us first years mucking around to avoid going to work?

i feel sorry for that poor bloke who had to wait ages for his interview. i hope everyone else thought it was ok.

when are you told youre definitely in or not?

btw - they have 3 different letters that come out. 1 is youre in if you get 90+, another is youre in if you get 94+, one is youre not cool. but DONT STRESS!!!

Antimatter

HSC
Oh i see so there are like different levels of acceptedness....confusing :p

quesera

HSC
yeah they basically judge you on your interview and then put you into one of those 3 categories

aditya

HSC
no i think ur mistaken.. there are four letters.... the 3 that u mentioned and the one i got... which said u are still in with a chance we will advise once ur uai is realised (notice the absense of any mentioning of a uai requirement....)

nanabite

HSC
Isn't the interview just a pass/fail type system where they deem if you are acceptable or not? From the letter what I understand, I've passed the interview stage and now they'll just pick as many students as they have sponsors heading from the top UAI down until all the spaces are filled (and in the past the lowest has been somewhere between 92 and 94).

Osiris8732

My letter just said im still eligble and blah blah
Didnt mention anything about what UAI i needed

aditya

HSC
yeh.. but it seemed so disorganised.. the attitude was so depserte in terms of sponsors... like they were dying to get more... there was no exclusiveness if they could get 50 spnosors then they would... i mean why.... and also they advised me to consider the other courses at the university with a mad advertising pitch i was like shutup u imbocile i dunt give a shit about those... im applying for a scholarshhip i think i have enough skill to research it myself... stop insulting ur own program...

it was in some shitty office... bachelor of accounting... now thats style.... thats prestige thats something special over there.... cmon IT... get ur act together

quesera

HSC
aditya said:
no i think ur mistaken.. there are four letters.... the 3 that u mentioned and the one i got... which said u are still in with a chance we will advise once ur uai is realised (notice the absense of any mentioning of a uai requirement....)
one of the letters (you will be accepted if u get 90+) does not actually state that u get 90+, it just says you are basically in, which is the letter you got.

but note in your letter it says "we will advise once your uai is realised" and since the cut-off for the course is 90+ they are waiting to see whether u get above 90.

the reason why the uni tells you to consider other IT courses at UTS is because if u dont get into BIT and you decide to do another IT course at UTS, they can pull you up to join BIT if anyone drops out. however if you decide to do IT at UNSW for eg they may not.

if you already have such a big problem with the IT faculty, i cant imagine how you'd feel once you started studying there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)