Bad English Teaching!!!! (1 Viewer)

Eg155

HSC
Ok, so i used to be good at english until yr.11 as many people discover... but the problem is my teachers suck!
At my old school we actually went through the texts as they were read, especially in our AOS! :LL
NOW the teacher walks in hands as a stack of notes, her essays and leaves the room half the time. We get given essay questions but are taught nothing!
In extension we watch videos and are told that all our essays are wrong. Feel like back-chatting "well if u actually taught us wat the freaking text is about"
sooooo MADD!
...contemplating going back to my old school just for good english, even though i hated the environment; after all those two units HAVE to count right?? :(
Venting complete.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
My Extension 1 eng teacher is pretty good....
While, my adv eng teacher on the other hand is probably one of the worst, if not the worst, in the english faculty......

yeah, my school is ranked within 20 - 30...

Hence, why I'm going to depend on my english tutor to help me edit and provide criticism for my essays or stories, etc.

wildchild666

HSC
My Extension 1 eng teacher is pretty good....
While, my adv eng teacher on the other hand is probably one of the worst, if not the worst, in the english faculty......

yeah, my school is ranked within 20 - 30...

Hence, why I'm going to depend on my english tutor to help me edit and provide criticism for my essays or stories, etc.
Definitely worst in the English faculty.

zombies

HSC
I had a strict but alright teacher for adv english, but then the school realised that my class had 25 kids (over the maximum lol), and another class had 20 so they moved a few people around.. and now my new teacher is the complete opposite, I don't even bother paying attention lol. English has become one of those bludge classes where I do my hw for other subjects.

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
I had a strict but alright teacher for adv english, but then the school realised that my class had 25 kids (over the maximum lol), and another class had 20 so they moved a few people around.. and now my new teacher is the complete opposite, I don't even bother paying attention lol. English has become one of those bludge classes where I do my hw for other subjects.
25 kids is over the max in your school?! 30 is like our max. Lol we have 3 people in one of our maths classes because the only way they could do the subject with their timetabling was to create a new class just for them.
We don't really get homework for english but we go through like every word in a text in class so we try to never miss a lesson.

madharris

HSC
N/A
It's ok, I had the best teacher for chem last year for prelim but I basically didn't do any work and my rank was 40/6X
This year I got a terrible teacher, he's smart but doesn't know how to teach. So basically i just worked my arse off and now i'm 2/42

I think having a crap teacher motivated me

zombies

HSC
25 kids is over the max in your school?! 30 is like our max. Lol we have 3 people in one of our maths classes because the only way they could do the subject with their timetabling was to create a new class just for them.
We don't really get homework for english but we go through like every word in a text in class so we try to never miss a lesson.
Yup max is 24 apparently.

delian

HSC
N/A
it can be annoying to have a 'bad' teacher. However, hsc has more emphasis on self-study and motivation.

If you're not getting enough help from your teacher, you can consider a tutor.

wildchild666

HSC
Strict can be good.. My English teacher's heaps strict, but very good.

wildchild666

HSC
Mm.. strict is scary though :( I especially don't like my chem teacher because he likes making everyone answer questions.
Haha, yes.. Most of the other people in my class are kind of scared of her.

zombies

HSC
Yeah I'm the kind of person that likes just working on their own.. I don't want some teacher making me answer questions!!

talisman

HSC
have you tried approaching your teacher? as much as you probably hate their teaching, some teachers need a bit of talking to. go up with a friend or two so the teacher knows it's actually a big issue
if you don't, then it'll be at your cost and it shouldn't be your burden to get an english tutor etc. if your teacher doesn't improve after that, then you can definitely blame them :shoot:

Eg155

HSC
have you tried approaching your teacher? as much as you probably hate their teaching, some teachers need a bit of talking to. go up with a friend or two so the teacher knows it's actually a big issue
if you don't, then it'll be at your cost and it shouldn't be your burden to get an english tutor etc. if your teacher doesn't improve after that, then you can definitely blame them :shoot:
thanks! i think i might try that! :) i mean, it's not that she's a bad teacher... everyone in her adv class (except 2) got a band 6 for the HSC... it's just that she gives u the answers but doesn't explore her insights of the text with the class which i think is imperative for successful english..
:D

talisman

HSC
yea i hate spoon feeding. as long as you don't end up with the other end of the spectrum which is making completely irrelevant albeit in-depth discussion.

OHEMGEE just saw your signature. you want to do a bachelor of nutiriton and master of dietics! i totally want to do that too. i'm scared my parents will think it's too LOW gosh because it's not medicine/law and you don't get paid millions for getting a job in that sort of industry

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)