Bad English Teaching!!!! (2 Viewers)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
To be fair a lot of the time people end up blaming their teachers for their own ineptitude

talisman

HSC
it is true. most of it is the student, being willing to ask questions, putting in the hard work and the extra effort. some of it is the teacher being there as a constant guide (ideally) and being willing to sacrifice more time to help students, some teachers aren't, for a plethora of reasons. the rest i think is having a little TLC from the rents and friends. always helps to have some encouragement and loveeeeeee <3

Eg155

HSC
To be fair a lot of the time people end up blaming their teachers for their own ineptitude
i admit that im inept but i attributed it to not understanding the text thoroughly enough from just reading a given essay. ==> teacher

mirakon

nigga
HSC
i admit that im inept but i attributed it to not understanding the text thoroughly enough from just reading a given essay. ==> teacher
Tbh a lot of understanding a text is self-discovery i.e. U find key quotes, themes etc Yourself.

If ur still struggling and ur teacher is not helping ,post here on bos, someone is bound to help :)

Last edited:

JT145

ON is my homeboy
HSC
My Extension 1 eng teacher is pretty good....
While, my adv eng teacher on the other hand is probably one of the worst, if not the worst, in the english faculty......

yeah, my school is ranked within 20 - 30...

Hence, why I'm going to depend on my english tutor to help me edit and provide criticism for my essays or stories, etc.
This sounds like my exact situation

My Advanced teacher just doesn't get through stuff fast enough, if anything she's not strict at all, hardly sets us homework

I found myself and a few of my friends having to do heaps of stuff for ourselves and for my friends in other classes to see what they are up to, annoying that is

carpe_diem

HSC
it can be annoying to have a 'bad' teacher. However, hsc has more emphasis on self-study and motivation.

If you're not getting enough help from your teacher, you can consider a tutor.
True. I wouldn't leave a school 'cause of one teacher. You can get a tutor if you really want.

ClassOf2013

HSC
My English teacher...where do I start. She goes on and on about things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, when she should be focussing on more important things or, here's a thing, SHUTTING UP AND LETTING US WORK. When setting work, she is always vague about what is actually required.

Her monotone voice doesn't help things either...

Eg155

HSC
True. I wouldn't leave a school 'cause of one teacher. You can get a tutor if you really want.
yea.. but it sucks knowing that there is a brilliant english teacher just waiting at my old school... :'(
...but then doing SOR... :L
meh, tutor it is :)

Eg155

HSC
yea.. but it sucks knowing that there is a brilliant english teacher just waiting at my old school... :'(
...but then doing SOR... :L
meh, tutor it is :)

Aysce

HSC
My English teacher...where do I start. She goes on and on about things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things, when she should be focussing on more important things or, here's a thing, SHUTTING UP AND LETTING US WORK. When setting work, she is always vague about what is actually required.

Her monotone voice doesn't help things either...
Exactly like my biology teacher. Can't teach jackshit.

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Universities should make a higher ATAR cut-off for teaching....
And the friggen government should pay teachers more so this way, high calibre people actually will go into teaching if there's good pay....

Teaching was once a prestigious career to an extent... Now, it has downgraded....

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
Universities should make a higher ATAR cut-off for teaching....
And the friggen government should pay teachers more so this way, high calibre people actually will go into teaching if there's good pay....

Teaching was once a prestigious career to an extent... Now, it has downgraded....
Imagine 99.8 for teaching lol.

So agree with the pay part.

Eg155

HSC
I'd say a minimum of 80 - 85 ATAR for teaching at the very least.
true, true :L
... i swear some teachers route learn how to answer the syllabus but know nothing outside it... tried asking a question to a teacher surrounding the topic we were doing. had no idea -__- :O

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
true, true :L
... i swear some teachers route learn how to answer the syllabus but know nothing outside it... tried asking a question to a teacher surrounding the topic we were doing. had no idea -__- :O
lmao

We had a catholic studies teacher last year that literally knew jack all about the the whole subject. We ask her a question and she says "I'll have to do some research and get back to you on that" even though it was on fundamental aspects of the course lol. I seriously believe she wasn't qualified; she was teaching PE since I came to the school in year 8 and all of a sudden last year 'Oh I'm a religion teacher now'.

Last edited:

fatima96

HSC
I had a strict but alright teacher for adv english, but then the school realised that my class had 25 kids (over the maximum lol), and another class had 20 so they moved a few people around.. and now my new teacher is the complete opposite, I don't even bother paying attention lol. English has become one of those bludge classes where I do my hw for other subjects.
LOL, my school has 38 KIDS IN ONE ROOM! FAR OUT LOL!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)