Barack Obama - 44th President of the USA (1 Viewer)

impervious182

HSC
Well, the race is over. What are your predictions, hopes about the four years which lie ahead?

What does this Obama victory mean for the wider global community and for America?

What tests will Obama have as President and what chance is there that Republicans will win the 2012 elections?

And anything else you wish to add.

It's been a long two year race. It's finally over, I feel sorry for McCain. Let's hope that Obama lives up to expectations.

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
I feel sorry for McCain. I hope he switches to an independent now or something after the way the GOP treated him.

impervious182

HSC
Yeah. I think he would have had a chance had he not had to carry the stigma of Bush.

reh

Long Thick Member
HSC
that was a rousing concessionary speech by McCain...good on him...

as for the future... Obama now has a shitload of work to do, but he'll get it done me thinks

Scissors

HSC
Obama is amazing. He definitely deserved to win, and hopefully now he can bridge the racism gap.

BackCountrySnow

HSC
Scissors said:
Obama is amazing. He definitely deserved to win, and hopefully now he can bridge the racism gap.
lolwut? there's no racism gap in the USA....

Scissors

HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
lolwut? there's no racism gap in the USA....
The gap between whites and blacks that's been caused by racism.

HSC
Scissors said:
youre aware that ive been told by pretty much all the americans i know that "australia is really racist"

Si91Anne

HSC
lol at the Aryn-esque crowd that gathered at the Mc cain headquarters.
Rich white people everywhere.
Really glad Obama won. McCain most probably would of died before his four year term was up and that would of left Sarah Palin to run :|... oh lordy.

I'm Glad the whole thing is over. I'm so sick of hearing "America is the greatest nation in the world" in every speech made by an American on tv.
Breeding some Xenophobia there.

MissSarajevo

HSC
I wish Obama the worst and I hope he fail spectacularly as a President. Palin will be back!

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Trefoil said:
I feel sorry for McCain. I hope he switches to an independent now or something after the way the GOP treated him.
McCain should have been the nominee in 2000.

McCain was since nominated in a completely impossible political environment for any Republican, and suffered due to the incompetence of Bush.

A decent man, who could have served the country well.

As for Obama, lets hope his ability to inspire can translate into tangible results not only for the people of America, but for the world.

historykidd

HSC
Trefoil said:
Likewise.

He was incredibly different in 2000.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)