Barack Obama - 44th President of the USA (2 Viewers)

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Computers in Schools:
This is not even to mention the fact that much manufacturing of basic computer components like the motherboard ("mobo" in industry jargon) is done abroad, mainly in the Far East. There are around 50 million schoolkids in the U.S.A. If each one is to get a $1,000 computer, that's $50 billion of federal money, some large portion of it adding to the U.S. trade deficit.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

A High Way Man

all ova da world
HSC
Iron said:
Corrupt Illinois Governor tried to Corruptly sell that "motherfucker" Obama's Senate seat for some serious Corrupt cash

What is it with Democratic politicians and the attempted Kennedy haircut? It's so embarrasingly obvious what theyre doing. Sure! Youre the next JFK! Not only do none of them pull it off, they all look like tits
lol\
Blago's insane
so much for barack obama, just another corrupt democrat.
I hope Patrick Fitzgerald catches Obama, he's like the Harvey Dent of Chicago

Main theme: the guy has been under investigation for three years by the same prosecutor who convicted both Scooter Libby and the previous governor of Illinois, but he was merrily blathering away to friends anyway about selling off Barack Obama's senate seat to the highest bidder? What kind of fucking moron is this guy?

Last edited:
HSC
i just praise this guy cos of his innovations, character, personality and the fact that he's a leo - born leader

whether i actually believe that stuff wholeheartedly or not..

:eek:

Trefoil

One day...
HSC
N/A
A High Way Man said:
lol\
Blago's insane
I figured you'd say that. Stop wanking off to the DailyKos and do some research, eh?

It seems Obama had nothing to do with Blago's power trip, not to mention it was an Obama adviser (Rahm) that tipped the FBI off.

impervious182

HSC
President Barack Obama... I thought his speech was alright. No mention of Iraq, which was interesting.

I get sick and tired of the vague, over-used 'I'm going to fix education, healthcare' etc. spiel. Heard that before... (8 years ago actually)

On the whole though, not bad. He's a step up from Bush.

cxlxoxk

HSC
President Barack Obama... I thought his speech was alright. No mention of Iraq, which was interesting.

I get sick and tired of the vague, over-used 'I'm going to fix education, healthcare' etc. spiel. Heard that before... (8 years ago actually)

On the whole though, not bad. He's a step up from Bush.
Lies...

"Guided by these principles once more, we can meet those new threats that demand even greater effort - even greater cooperation and understanding between nations. We will begin to responsibly leave Iraq to its people, and forge a hard-earned peace in Afghanistan."

impervious182

HSC
Lies...

"Guided by these principles once more, we can meet those new threats that demand even greater effort - even greater cooperation and understanding between nations. We will begin to responsibly leave Iraq to its people, and forge a hard-earned peace in Afghanistan."
Just read through the speech again before you replied. Yeah, he did mention Iraq... though no timetable (16 months). Admittedly though, it would have detracted from the speech.

16 months... I still think it should be conditions-based.

rasengan90

HSC
^^ Realistically, will Iraq ever live up to America's hopes for a stable Iraqi defense force in less than say 5 years?

samwell

HSC
lol\
Blago's insane
Accordin to wat i read the whole corruption had nothin to do with Obama. He quit his senate seat and the governor tried to sell it

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Who thinks Obama should pull out of Iraq AND Afghanistan?

Instead of reducing spending and troops in Iraq and then shifting them to Afghanistan, which doesn't cut any expenses, he should wind down all that overseas conflict, and use that huge chunk of money to help reduce the deficit.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Who thinks Obama should pull out of Iraq AND Afghanistan?

Instead of reducing spending and troops in Iraq and then shifting them to Afghanistan, which doesn't cut any expenses, he should wind down all that overseas conflict, and use that huge chunk of money to help reduce the deficit.
This idea is completely impractical.
For starters, if America was to leave or even reduce their commitment in Afghanistan the democratic (if somewhat corrupt) government under Karzai would fall within a year to a resurgence of Taliban who at this point in time are waiting just across the border in Pakistan. Yes, a lot of the Taliban have been killed since 2001, but this is balanced by the Afghanis and other Middle Easterners who in the past seven years have gained a new-found hatred of America and the West and would be willing to bolster the Taliban's ranks.
Even were Obama to just cut down on troops and supplies sent to Afghanistan, they would still lose eventually, and it would be even harder to recommit after the end of the current economic crisis.
Also, swapping the money from the defence budget to the economic budget is not simply a matter of moving money between bank accounts. Much of the defence money for this year and even some of next years has already been spent on things such a payrolls, new equipment on order, ammunition and supplies and research and development.
Besides this, the military-industrial complex and the war-loving neo-conservatives are far more powerful in American politics than they are in Australian politics. The amount of opposition that Obama would face from the Republican base and the defence industry lobbyists would make such a move incredibly difficult.

So yes, great idea in theory. Like communism and anarchism.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)