surprised things change
HSC
how bout datin ur best friend. wats ur advice on that. please

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
beccaxx said:
Best advice: Don't. Your friends need to realise that that is all they are. Refer them to the ladder theory.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
beccaxx said:
It's only ok if you're hot and I'm your best friend.

shortie_689

HSC
OMG bestfriends arent supposed to go out with your ex's... Geese I wouldnt have known... Honestly I must have the worst friends I swear to god they all go out with eachothers ex's... But seriously my bestfriend or bestfriends I should say have been the result of many breakups due to the current bf cheating on me with them and then them leading into going out with them... Funnily enough it happens time and time again and out of sheer stupidity I keep forgiving them!!

llamalope

yes, they're my legs.
Left BOS (somewhat temporarily) on 29/12/05 to ret
HSC
ok partially I think it depends on how they broke up, who broke up with who and why.

But ur best friend would always feel weird, and i think it could create mistrust between you. Ur friend may be thinking "is she a better kisser?", "does he think she's hotter", or alternatively "why is she going out with that sleeze bag!?"

personally....I would never go out with by bestie's ex. I think they all turned out to be losers except for one. And that one i used to like, but he always liked her better than me, so that's also a no-go.

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
like seriously, you have one best friend, how many ex's can they have had? and then there are so many boys/girls around. it's just unnecessary mess.

Shell

Boo Hoo
HSC
friends exes are no go's. thats wrong. its an unwritte rule! and yet my best riend is dating my ex. I hated it. i said no, i hate him i dont want you near him hes awful, and she still went out with him. she always talks about him and i get the shits mostely and she always denies that i said anything about i didtn want them together. she always says "you never said anything! you said you were fine with it!" i never said anything of the sort! so me and the guy are really really awkward towards each other now. we dont ususally cross paths but its has to happen sometimes coz we're both close to my best friend... we dont talk and theres always awkward silences.

in conclusion. Best friend's exes are DANGER ZONES!

kylie-rose

HSC
dilema

im in a bit of a tricky situation.
it invloves me, my best friend, and a male friend.
we were all really good friends. and would spend every spare minute we had together, like the 3 musketeers.
me and the male friend had been (what i thought was) flirting for a while, and i had finally made the decision to take the next step.
best friend knew i liked him. best friend has always been the one having guys chase her. and i thought this was finally my chance.
suddenly best friend and male friend are "going out"

i cant stop thinking about him, and i think he still randomly flirts with me, and i do back. but he is crazy about best friend and vice versa. i have stronger feelings for him than i have had for anyother guy. and its tearing me apart that i cant have him, that he fell for her-just like every other guy. he doesnt know how i feel, and i am scared that if i do tell him, the friendship will be awkward.

best friend cheated on her last bf twice. he doesnt know. her ex is friends with our male friend, and he doesnt know either. actually none of our male friends know becasue she swore me to secrecy not to tell any of them cos she didnt want them to hate her.
i am so scared she is going to do the same thing, i have no trust for her.
i feel obligated to tell him of her past, but i have promised her i will not tell anyone.
either way im going to lose a friend.- if i tell him, i lose her. if i dont tell him, and he finds out- im going to lose him.
i am afraid she is going to hurt him, and that is the last thing i want.

i am the only one out of us 3 that has their p's. so now i feel like their taxi driver.
they organise to see each other, then i get called up by best friend "hey, wanna go to the markets?"
and i say sure. i cant say no, because of my feelings for male friend- i want to see him.
but then it kills me when i see them together. and i know her dirty secret.
i speak to male friend more, we muck around together like brother and sister, i am there for him (he has serious medical problems atm) and i keep an eye out for him.

so pretty much i am in love with my best friends boyfriend. who is also a really close friend of mine. and i have to see them together, wishing it was me.

a friend has said to me, that she cant see their relationship lasting too long. but i think it will last a while, best friend has changed.
and i think that when they do break up, i am not the positin to try and get him.

what am i to do?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
steph@nie said:
Would you date your ex's best friend, even if she/he was okay with it?

Furthermore, would you care if your best friend dated your ex? Would you tell them it was okay, but secretly get really shitty or would you try and set them up?

Edit: Also, have you ever had your ex try and set you up with their best friend?
id encourage it... get it off my hands

jellybeenz

HSC
kylie-rose said:
im in a bit of a tricky situation.
it invloves me, my best friend, and a male friend.
we were all really good friends. and would spend every spare minute we had together, like the 3 musketeers.
me and the male friend had been (what i thought was) flirting for a while, and i had finally made the decision to take the next step.
best friend knew i liked him. best friend has always been the one having guys chase her. and i thought this was finally my chance.
suddenly best friend and male friend are "going out"

i cant stop thinking about him, and i think he still randomly flirts with me, and i do back. but he is crazy about best friend and vice versa. i have stronger feelings for him than i have had for anyother guy. and its tearing me apart that i cant have him, that he fell for her-just like every other guy. he doesnt know how i feel, and i am scared that if i do tell him, the friendship will be awkward.

best friend cheated on her last bf twice. he doesnt know. her ex is friends with our male friend, and he doesnt know either. actually none of our male friends know becasue she swore me to secrecy not to tell any of them cos she didnt want them to hate her.
i am so scared she is going to do the same thing, i have no trust for her.
i feel obligated to tell him of her past, but i have promised her i will not tell anyone.
either way im going to lose a friend.- if i tell him, i lose her. if i dont tell him, and he finds out- im going to lose him.
i am afraid she is going to hurt him, and that is the last thing i want.

i am the only one out of us 3 that has their p's. so now i feel like their taxi driver.
they organise to see each other, then i get called up by best friend "hey, wanna go to the markets?"
and i say sure. i cant say no, because of my feelings for male friend- i want to see him.
but then it kills me when i see them together. and i know her dirty secret.
i speak to male friend more, we muck around together like brother and sister, i am there for him (he has serious medical problems atm) and i keep an eye out for him.

so pretty much i am in love with my best friends boyfriend. who is also a really close friend of mine. and i have to see them together, wishing it was me.

a friend has said to me, that she cant see their relationship lasting too long. but i think it will last a while, best friend has changed.
and i think that when they do break up, i am not the positin to try and get him.

what am i to do?
Dude... I feel for you, I really do... That is a shitty situation. There is nothing you can do but wait for the relationship to dissolve. I'd advise you to try and get over it, but boy do I know what its like to be in love with someone and see them with someone else, wishing it was you... Its okay to cry about it and hate ur best friend for a while, because she knew and she fucked you over. But its about feelings and feelings cant be changed suddenly. Limit your contact with them, you'll just end up more depressed. I know its hard, I havent been able to do it in similar situations, but try because this isnt healthy for you, hope ur friend cheats on him and if she swears you to secrecy tell her to fuck off because its not ur job to keep her secrets and alleviate her guilt.

Or you can tell the dudes friend that his ex cheated on him then he will tell the dude and warn him like a friend would do. Tell her you dont feel cheating is right and you just couldnt stand by and watch her hurt ppl you care about. If you do that you gotta be prepared to deal with the aftermath though, you may lose your best friend, the guy and feel even more lonely.

Okayyyy.... here is my question. Is it okay to make a move on a guy that you know your friend liked? I use "liked" because she might still have feelings for him but they dont talk anymore. They never went out or anything.

Last edited:
HSC
steph@nie said:

Furthermore, would you care if your best friend dated your ex? Would you tell them it was okay, but secretly get really shitty or would you try and set them up?

Edit: Also, have you ever had your ex try and set you up with their best friend?
If she's OK with it, like she really is okay with it I would.
If my best friend dated the guy I used to go out with, I'd slit her throat. She must not reduce her standards like that - he's a loser

lallypop

HSC
an ex tried to set me up with his asshole best friend. i told them to fuck off

thepubmanbob

HSC
N/A
steph@nie said:

We're all good friends. Had one big screw up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)