Best tutoring colleges (1 Viewer)

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Estel said:
I don't have a tutor for English (wouldn't be able to afford one) but I can see quite clearly the advantage of having someone to churn out a perfect essay for you to memorise.
How to maximise your English marks in a nutshell.

You could always ask people you know who did well in previous years (eg Laurie) for advice in English if you need to.

ishq

brown?
HSC
Estel said:
I don't have a tutor for English (wouldn't be able to afford one) but I can see quite clearly the advantage of having someone to churn out a perfect essay for you to memorise.
And yes, my school happens to fit your criteria, as do many others. :p
Precisely!
That is the only way anyone can tutor you for English - moulding your essay again and again and again, until what is left is more their essay than your essay.

For the person who's rank improved 14 places, was it because of ^?

Cab31

HSC
It was generally because i understood the course better, had greater access to materials which would explain it, was able to have someone to help go through each unit, and also had other people in my tutoring group who i could help break down the course with. There is not enough time to do this in class because it is such a packed course. Basically before i went i was getting about 11 out of 15 in my essays. After i started going i got full marks for the next assessment and 19 out of 20 for the one following it. It helped heaps!

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
I got to Northshore coaching college The Randwick Centre.

If it wasn't for the Physics Teacher or the English teacher and the centre manager giving me a discount for doing all three subjects at a bargain price.

The material they give is so CRAP. The physics teacher is the best he goes beyond the material and asks people to bring in questions to do. In English we never use Northshore material but do our own texts.

Maths course is probably the only decent one.

The only reason I guess someone would go there, is it is one of a few coaching colleges that use real teachers not uni students.

shafqat

HSC
N/A
North Shore may use teachers, but most of them are NOT GOOD, and the material is shithouse (maths is ok i suppose). good uni students who have experience of the hsc are in many cases better.

wind

HSC
I'm surprised no one's mentioned Pre-Uni New College :p

ishq

brown?
HSC
Or Prior

I've heard both are really good...

.:4play:.

HSC
Tomatec is pretty cool, its kind of like a new school that i attend and is a tutoring centre in the weekends and after school to 6.30 i think and i think 8.00 at night on the weekends.

located in the cabramatta area lol. the teachers are the best. they have competed in the olympiads and have won a medals.

.:4play:.

HSC
lol thats cool, hows your friend finding their teaching techniques?

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
my parents forced me to go to tutoring at james an, and i hated it...hehehe i rang them up and said i quit and my parents couldnt force me to go back

stainmepink

HSC
Cab31 said:
I dont think people go to tutoring for motivation...They are there because they are motivated enough to want to improve their results. I went to an english tutor who was a top HSC marker which was good because she knew what the markers were looking for.
Its called proffesional tutoring centre and its at Hurstville. They tutor maths and English.

English tutoring in hurstville?
could u please pm me the number of the person teaching english in hurstville? ... dont worry .. im not in ur year ..

transcendent

HSC
N/A
MM College:
Belmore ( head branch where I did Physics )
Liverpool ( the one I went to mainly )
Parramatta

the year 12 teachers bring their own material for you to work on. i highly reccomend the Chemistry teacher but he's in such high demand the class is full. the Physics teacher was... my year 12 Physics teacher and he was really good.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Estel said:
And yes, my school happens to fit your criteria, as do many others. :p
Estel, I have to disagree

I have an English tutor and he does not spoon feed me. All he does is offer me advice on various topics, notes & handouts, discussions etc. I do most of the work myself but he keeps me on track....and I have a very good rank for Eng Avd, Ext1 and Ext 2 (1, 1 and 1).

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
I heard tomatec is really good, though the people i know that went there didnt do well in the end.

Prior is way to expensive, if you can get a hand on their notes, that would be enough already!

Has anyone heard of TIPS at Yagoona? Half of my friends went there. They all did super well-apart from the fact that they had to do a test to get into to the coaching college and they were mostly selctive school students....

For maths, I went to Terry Lee (Author of Advanced mathematics, 4unit) I thought he was a terrific tutor and he improved me by 10 marks in the HSC for ME1. I was very happy with that.

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
zahid said:
Estel, I have to disagree

I have an English tutor and he does not spoon feed me. All he does is offer me advice on various topics, notes & handouts, discussions etc. I do most of the work myself but he keeps me on track....and I have a very good rank for Eng Avd, Ext1 and Ext 2 (1, 1 and 1).
That's exactly what an english tutor has to do.. too many ppl reckon their eng tutor will just spoonfeed them with a nice essay to copy for the essay. and they try this and get wasted by the hsc examiners for the main reason that they won't be asnwering this year's question, but last year's (the one they prepared beforehand). In fact, your tutor should help you consider different persepctives and of cousre to fine tune your essays.

Btw zahid, you're a guy who likes SRK? how does that work :S

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Gryphondarks said:
Btw zahid, you're a guy who likes SRK? how does that work :S
lol....well its a looong story. I was watching the 2005 Zee Cine awards and then the indian Filmfare awards, and I realised I loved SRK...and no I don't have any homosexual tendencies, it's just something that clicked....I must be one of those....ummmmmm, what do you call it?

Ahh yes that's right a FAN.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)