Best tutoring colleges (1 Viewer)

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
yeh but cmon... i mean if u said that about aishwaria i would understand.. but shah rukh?! aamir khan is a better actor :p

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Gryphondarks said:
yeh but cmon... i mean if u said that about aishwaria i would understand.. but shah rukh?! aamir khan is a better actor :p

hahahaha Amir khan....plz don't be silly. I dont really like Aishwaria she is 32 (thats Menopause in my books)....RANI is way better!!!!! ;)

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
well rani's voice is like a toad's!!!! how can u stand that :p nah she's hot too. tell you who's the worst, though, preity zinta.

ah, i like bollywood :p just unfortunate (and very sad) taht i'm discussing it on a bos forum lol

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Gryphondarks said:
That's exactly what an english tutor has to do.. too many ppl reckon their eng tutor will just spoonfeed them with a nice essay to copy for the essay. and they try this and get wasted by the hsc examiners for the main reason that they won't be asnwering this year's question, but last year's (the one they prepared beforehand). In fact, your tutor should help you consider different persepctives and of cousre to fine tune your essays.

Btw zahid, you're a guy who likes SRK? how does that work :S
meh English Adv. isn't legitimate enough to deserve the effort a tutor like that would demand...

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
no but if u want a good uai english adv - especially if you only do 2 units of english, is a vital subject u dont wana bugger up.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
Gryphondarks said:
no but if u want a good uai english adv - especially if you only do 2 units of english, is a vital subject u dont wana bugger up.
WORD !

Estel

Tutor
HSC
I do 4... and I can't really defend my theory yet until I put it into action.
I've heard of too many success stories with memorising essays and hate English too much to bother.
No real point in me arguing before I get my English marks...

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I've managed to get by without memorising essays so far. It's a bullshit subject, though.

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
it's only a bullshit subject if you dont understand it properly (and yes, for too long i too thought it was a bullshit subejct). and memorising essays is really not advisable, they'll know in the hsc exam if youre just repeating previous exemplars.

.:4play:.

HSC
Terry

For maths, I went to Terry Lee (Author of Advanced mathematics, 4unit) I thought he was a terrific tutor and he improved me by 10 marks in the HSC for ME1. I was very happy with that.
is this the terry lee that drives a white toyota camry and is vietnamese. does he visit your home? if so, then i've had him before. he is pretty good. a bit strict though

Estel

Tutor
HSC
Gryphondarks said:
it's only a bullshit subject if you dont understand it properly
Actually, no.
The course spouts on about (I'll use 2 examples, but this argument applies to them all)
- the effects on contexts on shaping texts and their value
- different ways of valuing texts and different truths which are elucidated by texts
all of which are essentially discredited (or at least not widely accepted) post-structuralist arguments.
There is no room for disagreement in the course.

It's very difficult to answer a question and not think it's BS when you disagree with rubric itself.

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
Estel said:
Actually, no.
The course spouts on about (I'll use 2 examples, but this argument applies to them all)
- the effects on contexts on shaping texts and their value
- different ways of valuing texts and different truths which are elucidated by texts
all of which are essentially discredited (or at least not widely accepted) post-structuralist arguments.
There is no room for disagreement in the course.

It's very difficult to answer a question and not think it's BS when you disagree with rubric itself.
well let's assume that you've done your hsc so you actually know what you're talking about. your first argument is fallacious in that only one module (the comparative study of text and context - ie, brave new world/bladeruner etc) focuses chiefly on the effect of context on shaping texts and values.

secondly, you talk about 'truths' in your second point then go on to say that they're essentially discredited - surely 'essential truths' of any sort must have some amount of general aceptance. similarly, your reference to post structuralism should really be referring to postmodernist dogma, the questioing of ALL 'truths' (such as the ones you mention). now given the fact postmodernism can be read as being quite averse to strict sets of rubrics (like the one used by the board of studies for english) - and also given the fact that there is a whole extension unit devoted to postmodernism, then how can you possibly argue that there's no rrom for disgreement? disagreement with set notions and paradigms is the core of what the three unit engilsh course is about!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Gryphondarks said:
it's only a bullshit subject if you dont understand it properly (and yes, for too long i too thought it was a bullshit subejct).
If this is English Adv then I agree. I was in the same position and luckily understood it in yr12. My rank rose suddenly it all seemed so easy compared with before.

wanton-wonton

HSC
zahid said:
lol....well its a looong story. I was watching the 2005 Zee Cine awards and then the indian Filmfare awards, and I realised I loved SRK...and no I don't have any homosexual tendencies, it's just something that clicked....I must be one of those....ummmmmm, what do you call it?

Ahh yes that's right a FAN.
You mean a homosexual crush? Right, retard?

ishq

brown?
HSC
I think understanding does come into play - and understanding not just the subject, but more importantly, what you need to do for it.

Memorising essays is definately not the way to go. However, you must have definite ideas of structure/response theory in your mind. If you think about it, there are only a finite number of questions which can be asked for any module. If you are prepared for each, you can't go wrong.

Thus, back to the topic of tutoring (and not SRK's popularity, Aish's impending menopause and Rani's toad-like voice :D).

Gryphondarks

Sith Lord
HSC
Templar said:
If this is English Adv then I agree. I was in the same position and luckily understood it in yr12. My rank rose suddenly it all seemed so easy compared with before.
I'm glad someone's had a similar experience... btw templar u seem to know laurie pretty well - is this from maths?

Sirius Black

Maths is beautiful
HSC
just a random question

I found that many ex-HSC students who achieved UAI 99.90+ didn't have tuition during their HSC year- Does that mean we could study better on our own?
(I know it really depends on the person and his/her intellegence, but i am really got stuck on this problem. Personally, I got full scholarship in one tutoring school so I had to take every subject they offered at that school. These days i found it was kinda of a waste of time altho i did learn something from the teacher...)

Kulazzi

HSC
I'd personally recommend prior, even though it's a bit expensive they really help you with your maths (they also do phys and chem and a bit of eng). I only do the holiday revision course (not a regular student who has to atend twice a week) and it's pretty good because you revise the work you've already done at school with the whole class and the tutor is of a much younger age which leads to better communication

kimmeh

Sleeping
HSC
.:4play:. said:
is this the terry lee that drives a white toyota camry and is vietnamese. does he visit your home? if so, then i've had him before. he is pretty good. a bit strict though
Hahaha i cant remember his car, but yes he's viet and no he doesnt visit my home.

Please stick to the topic children :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)