Best TV series EVER (1 Viewer)

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
how the fuck can you watch lost? those motherfuckers have been lost for like 100 years.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
When i was little it was The Animals of Farthing Wood, my sister and i were addicted to that show haha

But now i love series such as
Scrubs
Black Books
It crowd
Hardware

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Wheelbarrows said:
how the fuck can you watch lost? those motherfuckers have been lost for like 100 years.
Agreed, i started watching it when it first came out, but it took five episodes for the plot to actually progress what should have been done in 5 minutes

Wheelbarrows

Banned
HSC
axlenatore said:
Agreed, i started watching it when it first came out, but it took five episodes for the plot to actually progress what should have been done in 5 minutes
don't agree with me. i like to argue.

please disagree with me.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Wheelbarrows said:
don't agree with me. i like to argue.

please disagree with me.
shut up adam your fly is undone and i can see your penis

bigboyjames

Banned
HSC
i must admit i stoped watching lost mid second season......then got back into it like 6 months ago where i downloaded rest of season 2, 3, and 4.......its the best show ever...

oh, and dexter is up there aswell.

Bainesy

HSC
axlenatore said:
Every drama show follows this format. The first 3-5 episodes establish everything but mainly basic character development. Thats why the first few episodes in any series are always boring compared to the rest of the season

however some shows like Heroes never got past this boring stage and just kept on developing characters. They are still introducing and trying to develop characters even now.

which is why Lost > Heroes

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
Oh, yeah. Forgot to mention Thank God You're Here, Gossip Girl (!) and Chaser :D

Morbo

HSC
Bainesy said:
Every drama show follows this format. The first 3-5 episodes establish everything but mainly basic character development. Thats why the first few episodes in any series are always boring compared to the rest of the season

however some shows like Heroes never got past this boring stage and just kept on developing characters. They are still introducing and trying to develop characters even now.

My problem with Heroes is there is a lack of character development. The characters have changed very little since Season 1. Peter STILL trying to save the world. Claire STILL trying to live a normal life. Nathan STILL alive!
I'd prefer to watch the new series of X-Men cartoons (it's called 'Wolverine And The X-Men') rather than Heroes. Atleast it makes much more sense and the characters are all familiar with the emphasis on plot and characters rather than predictable plot twists and character connections.
axlenatore said:
The basic premise of Lost was spelt out to the viewer in the Pilot. A plane crashed, the survivors are stuck on a seemingly "deserted" island, there is a monster on the island, they attempt to contact the outside world, they cant.
They've been on the island for 108 days as of the Season 4 finale. Some have been rescued, some are still on the island, the island has moved, the rescued survivors are lying to the world about their experiences on the island, they need to go back.

Last edited:

Nicoski

HSC
  • Scrubs
  • The Chaser's War on Everything
  • The I.T Crowd
  • The Simpsons
  • Dr Who

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Bainesy said:

I watched about 20 episodes of lost, it went no where, they would preview the next episode, showing a cliff hanger which wasnt shown till the end of the next episode and wasnt completely told until the episode after

Bainesy

HSC
Morbo said:
My problem with Heroes is there is a lack of character development. The characters have changed very little since Season 1. Peter STILL trying to save the world. Claire STILL trying to live a normal life. Nathan STILL alive!
I'd prefer to watch the new series of X-Men cartoons (it's called 'Wolverine And The X-Men') rather than Heroes. Atleast it makes much more sense and the characters are all familiar with the emphasis on plot and characters rather than predictable plot twists and character connections.
Im not defending Heroes. I think the show is quite bad. too complex, too many characters and it doesnt have a decent storyline. i stopped watching after season 1. there wasnt a cliffhanger (or a very good one) and the drama up until that point had been severely lacking

axlenatore said:
I watched about 20 episodes of lost, it went no where, they would preview the next episode, showing a cliff hanger which wasnt shown till the end of the next episode and wasnt completely told until the episode after
well that was the nature of the first season. it wasnt really that great. after they get the hatch open things get better as the Others start to make their way into the storylines. there really wasnt very much to work with in the first season. there was drama and suspense but nothing compared to the later seasons so i cant blame you for dropping out early

its much better now as the flashbacks arent about character development anymore, they are integral to the overall story.

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
Bainesy said:
well that was the nature of the first season. it wasnt really that great. after they get the hatch open things get better as the Others start to make their way into the storylines. there really wasnt very much to work with in the first season. there was drama and suspense but nothing compared to the later seasons so i cant blame you for dropping out early

its much better now as the flashbacks arent about character development anymore, they are integral to the overall story.
I was told it got better when the hatch opened so i watched it a little after that, but trust me it was getting worse....

Morbo

HSC
Bainesy said:
Im not defending Heroes. I think the show is quite bad. too complex, too many characters and it doesnt have a decent storyline. i stopped watching after season 1. there wasnt a cliffhanger (or a very good one) and the drama up until that point had been severely lacking
Yeah I was just saying I disagreed with your comment about them just "developing characters".
Bainesy said:

I thought season 1 was and is still the best season. The flashbacks were actually interesting and had some sort of connection with the on-island events. It was not until season 3 that the flashbacks became tiresome and irrelevant to the story with the exception of the new cast members.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
24 (next census this is my religion, stuff what would jesus do i care more about what would jack do)
Stargate
Stargate Atlantis
MASH (come on people!!!!!)
Veronica Mars (*wipes Kristen Bell drool off keyboard*)
NCIS
Las Vegas

Slightly addicted to TV....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)