bio or physics ? (1 Viewer)

which subject do you prefer ?

• biology

Votes: 51 41.8%
  • physics

Votes: 71 58.2%

• Total voters

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
f3nr15 said:
It is a very convenient idea to do Astrophysics, I mean, we have Cosmic Engine and Space which is roughly the same topic and add Astrophysics the easiest elective in Physics, hurrah !
Extremely convenient :)
airie said:
You pain :mad1: I'm here TRYING to do Astrophysics and you're complaining about it. x.x
I feel your pain. We can always learn it together ;) :p

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
airie said:
You pain :mad1: I'm here TRYING to do Astrophysics and you're complaining about it. x.x
Well I'm not exactly getting the elective I want either. I have to do Quanta to Quarks. :(

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
~shinigami~ said:
Well I'm not exactly getting the elective I want either. I have to do Quanta to Quarks. :(
There there. Join the club. :eek:

The physics teacher said at the beginning of the year that we *might* do Astrophysics. He lied straight to our face! :( Why must he raise false hopes then dash them so cruelly?? >.<'''

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
airie said:
There there. Join the club. :eek:

The physics teacher said at the beginning of the year that we *might* do Astrophysics. He lied straight to our face! :( Why must he raise false hopes then dash them so cruelly?? >.<'''
That sounds mean.

We could always try to learn other options ourselves. I was thinking of learning the "Medical Physics" by myself but I wonder if they'll have questions for it in the trials.

I was also thinking of learning the "Forensic Chemistry" option in Chemistry rather than Shipwrecks...

Actually, all of my my science teachers have picked options that I don't want to do. My Biology teacher has chosen "Communication" but I wanna do "Biochemistry".

:(

LepRecon

HSC
i like physics better
purely because it was all numbers which is not the case anymore
biology and all the analysis and identification... na not me

Chocolat

HSC
Well I don't do Physics personally so I wouldn't know...apparently it's more mathematical and to do more with space/motion/speed/velocity/electricity etc. So I guess that if you're good at maths or plan on acquiring a job at NASA...choose Physics :).
I do Biology, and like most have said, it's mainly theory based. A lots of it too :p. And personally, I found the topics studied in Year 11 to be, well, boring, but the Year 12 course is looking promising :). So if you like learning about nature and are good at retaining large amounts of information...do Biology :).

Or you could just do both :).

ichigo.bankai

HSC
Wooz said:
What i stated are just generalisations based on my cohort and at my previous school. What i was basically saying before is that there is more theory in biology and that english/humanities people who can cope with lots of info tend to be better at bio, but this is certainly not always the case. Also their is theory involved in physics and a little bit of history. Most pharmacology/pharmacy degrees will have a reccomended chemistry component with either physics or bio. But it also depends if you have a good physics teacher aswell if your not prepared to study the whole course in your own time aswell. 2 unit maths should be sufficient if you can easily manipulate forumulae and can remember the theory behind them or used to explain it.

Check out Trebla's notes they are an excellent summary of both the bio and physics course but you must save them to view it: http://community.boredofstudies.org/128/general-discussion-preliminary-hsc/102130/offical-year-11-preliminary-resources/7.html
damn man looks like u either spend too much time studin or too much time researching and from wat u said i thought u finished your HSC:confused: :jedi:

ichigo.bankai

HSC
IceOnFire said:
Apparently the physics syllabus was written by biologists.

Isn't that fascinating. :)
well biologists wouldnt be able to do research if it wasnt for physisits or watever they are called.....:p

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
ichigo.bankai said:
damn man looks like u either spend too much time studin or too much time researching and from wat u said i thought u finished your HSC:confused: :jedi:
Nope i didnt take yr 11 seriously i've started studying and making notes and i've gone through all the syllabus' during these hols i've covered the first module of bio and chem already and also doing heaps of maths revision. Im working pretty hard at the moment im desperate to get into med and get a UAI of 99.75+ for Umelb.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I did Chemistry, Physics and Biology. For year 12 next year (next term to be more exact), I am dropping Chemistry. I find Physics and Biology both a LOT more interesting than Chemistry. Well, in truth, all three would be interesting but the thing is, I don't understand Chemistry. And yes, I agree that Physics is more science and maths whereas Biology relates more with the humanities, though it is still of course, science.

This was a tough question for me but I finally ended up choosing Biology because these three terms, I've found out that I've chosen the wrong choices, choosing the three sciences... I'm not a maths/ science person, more of a humanities person. But now it's too late, have to stick with it for the rest of my HSC... *sigh*

Darrow

Executant of Life
HSC
I'm doing all three sciences (Bio, Chem and Phys) and currently, Chemistry is so much better then them all.
But I hear that Phys gets better with age, and bio..well, it opens up so many job opportunities.
But yeah..the only reason I'm doing physics is astronomy and space..it has to be the most interesting topic of all the sciences.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)